[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been trawling through twitter (avoiding study) and came across this. Anyone hear this on the radio today??

Steve Pike ‏@aka_pikey Hello @brisbanebroncos - a question for you - have you signed Milford? Corey Parker said on the radio this morning that you have.

Steve Pike ‏@aka_pikey
@North__11 He said we have a lot of new talent next year then talked about Barba, Kennedy and then said 'and also Milford on the wing'

Its really odd considering all the mail suggests Raiders will play hard ball and the deal is still up in the air? Also, I wonder if 'Milford on the wing' is actually the expression 'waiting in the wings'. Maybe the original poster misheard or got it wrong?? I dunno, I still think we won't know anything until at least November 1 at the earliest.

The Raiders are a pretty despicable organisation. I'm just going to find my Fandanna I got when I went to the game down there and wipe my arse with it.

Milford would most likely play 5/8th if we managed to sign him unless Hook goes bananas and tries something else, can't wait till this whole mess is over.

Does anyone truly believe if the situation was reversed the Broncos would release him if his replacement wasnt ready yet?

Talk about double standards. Also tearing up dugans contract for drinking cruisers. No wonder fergo went the route he did rather than activating his clause.

"Milford on the wing" lol. Hoffman at 5/8th? I kind of hope this is true so we can laugh at Hook once more.

"Milford on the wing" lol. Hoffman at 5/8th? I kind of hope this is true so we can laugh at Hook once more.

Yeah, I'm sure Parker meant to say 'waiting in the wings'. Either he bad English spoke, or he threw it out there to get journos all excited, as payback for his own contract rumours.

Bit of an update on the Milford situation, nothing new except that it now looks to be resolved after the World Cup.

Meanwhile, Milford's manager Sam Ayoub said he was aiming to meet Stuart next week to continue talks about the 19-year-old's future. Milford has asked for a release, but Canberra intends to block that request and is instead looking to upgrade his deal immediately.

Milford will represent Samoa at the World Cup and Ayoub said he expected a resolution after that.

''We're still sitting tight and waiting to see what the kid's feeling, and what he wants to do.''

Source: Wighton has skills to be like Daley: Stuart

So it's wait until the season is over.
Wait until he finishes his holidays in Brisbane.
Wait until after the grand final.
Wait until after the world cup.

Anyone else just want them to shut the **** up and just tell us when it's sorted?

It makes for an interesting situation. That a player contracted to a club can have that contract broken to receive a bigger payday, but only with that club. I'm not bagging it, because it's a win-win for club & player if the player is performing to a level that can be rewarded with more money, and the club gets effectively exclusive rights because they're still contracted.

In this situation though the Raiders are offering him bigger money to retain him, because there is solid interest from elsewhere. Ignoring his clause in this example, the Raiders are saying that he's only wanting to go to Brisbane for more money, yet are themselves are hoping to block the move by offering more money themselves. Could it be argued then that if the Raiders can break his current contract in order to upgrade the deal, that it essentially makes him a free agent?

Could it be argued then that if the Raiders can break his current contract in order to upgrade the deal, that it essentially makes him a free agent?

haha have a big night mate? It not breaking a contract its called upgrading, something that happens throughout all industries.

I think I get what [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] is hinting at...

...so Milford agrees to a contract upgrade with the Raiders, but in order to do so he needs to have his current contract torn up and once this occurs, but before he can sign the upgrade, he runs out of the room (screaming probably) and jumps on a plane to Brisbane (fingers crossed it's clear skies) and signs a new contract with the Broncos, all above board and totes legit!

See ya laider, Canberra Raiders!

I think I get what [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] is hinting at...

...so Milford agrees to a contract upgrade with the Raiders, but in order to do so he needs to have his current contract torn up and once this occurs, but before he can sign the upgrade, he runs out of the room (screaming probably) and jumps on a plane to Brisbane (fingers crossed it's clear skies) and signs a new contract with the Broncos, all above board and totes legit!

See ya laider, Canberra Raiders!

Exactly. To upgrade a contract, firstly the original contract must be terminated.

Exactly. To upgrade a contract, firstly the original contract must be terminated.
Um no at no time during any contractual upgrade does someone become a free agent the original contract would only become invalid once the new one is signed, that's the wildest clutching at straws I think I've ever seen.

So do you think they would've gone the 'upgrade' route if The Broncos hadn't come into the picture ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Yellowfella
  • Astro
  • Lostboy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.