[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah upgrade and extension like they do with the rest of their juniors if they warrant it which Milf does especially with the money they now have free, will cost em more obviously but that's always the case when there's competition for someone's signing.

Um no at no time during any contractual upgrade does someone become a free agent the original contract would only become invalid once the new one is signed, that's the wildest clutching at straws I think I've ever seen.
Sarcasm detector fail... :001_rolleyes:

Anyway, I reckon this is just delaying tactics until the 1st of November, where a new contract can be registered for the 2015 season. And before anyone comes with the line about "how can they negotiate a contract in one day", remember it is not illegal for clubs to approach players under contract.

Sarcasm detector fail... :001_rolleyes:

Anyway, I reckon this is just delaying tactics until the 1st of November, where a new contract can be registered for the 2015 season. And before anyone comes with the line about "how can they negotiate a contract in one day", remember it is not illegal for clubs to approach players under contract.
Problem is though that contract won't be legally binding till about round 12 next year (which is when it gets registered not Nov 1st) so not really worth the paper it's written on, they didn't give up on Papa after he signed with Eels so doubt they'd give up on Milf.

Last edited:
Yes, but it can be officially lodged at that time, and gives a club the strongest of indications what the player's intentions are.

I wouldn't give the Papalii case too much emphasis, as him going to the Eels is a completely different beast from Milford coming to the Broncos.

What I found a particularly interesting read about the Raiders management methods, was that article about how they royally screwed Dayne Weston. Add to that the move on Ricky for "family reasons", and the hypocrisy from the Raiders management as well as fans really stands out!

Probably nothing, but:

[TWEET]386384698387070976[/TWEET]

Also, a harmless tweet from Milford requesting a score update on the GF has led to a twitter spat between Moose McGuire and some moron from Raiders.net.au. It's easier to see the full conversation if you click this link: https://twitter.com/tony_milford/status/386786287232901120

Not sure what [MENTION=2299]Charmamba[/MENTION] was doing posting on Milford's twitter, maybe he can let us all know?

As far as I am concerned, all that Milford .. read Ayoub wants, is the fattest pay packet which is fair enough but the sob story about dad's health is for mine more about money for his care than Milford wanting to be in Brisbane.

If Milford was driven by that concern as his primary one, he would be here now

As far as I am concerned, all that Milford .. read Ayoub wants, is the fattest pay packet which is fair enough but the sob story about dad's health is for mine more about money for his care than Milford wanting to be in Brisbane.

If Milford was driven by that concern as his primary one, he would be here now

and he could screw himself on getting no upgrade for next season. if the Broncos management decide they've had enough of waiting and tell Milfords management that no contract offer is forthcoming, then the Raiders may decide to pull their upgrade as well

and he could screw himself on getting no upgrade for next season. if the Broncos management decide they've had enough of waiting and tell Milfords management that no contract offer is forthcoming, then the Raiders may decide to pull their upgrade as well
Nah Raiders would still upgrade to secure a long term contract, either way if he doesn't extend they wont upgrade. With how much cap space they'll have in 2014 free they'll be trying to upgrade and extend a few players like Fensom, Lee, Wighton and Milf

At the moment the only way for Milf to get a pay rise for 2014 would be to extend.

Posted a pic of him wearing bulldogs shorts on instagram.

cc61c67e0d949392107083625d41acc2.png

Pretty stupid thing to do.

Posted a pic of him wearing bulldogs shorts on instagram.

On the positive, he's not exactly feeling loyal towards Canberra. On the negative, the Bulldogs are going hard for a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Yellowfella
  • Astro
  • Lostboy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.