[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mixed on it to be honest, I can see the wanting to return to family (though doubt that's the full story) but also glad to see the Raiders finally playing hardball and do what it takes which is a trait I've admired about teams such as the Broncos.

Not sure if should be rubbishing em too much about not granting a release though, according to Wallace and his manager he was denied one only to be given the boot a few months later which is just as classy, ask yourself if the Broncos would do it if the replacement was a year off being ready? It could also potentially help sign him long term if he wants the extra dollars.
Pretty sure Wal knocked the panthers offer back and was later told he wasn't needed, which is pretty slack.

according to the Broncos (it was in the CM), the Broncos asked him if he wanted a release when the Panthers big money offer came in and HE declined it. the club made a decision some time after that, that Wallace was not what the club needed going forward, but they would have met their obligations to him if he couldn't find another club.

On the Raiders, if it comes down to having get-out clauses inserted in some contracts (as the deciding factor on whether a player signs for them), then they may have trouble signing that player, as players (and more so their managers) just wont trust them

On the Raiders, if it comes down to having get-out clauses inserted in some contracts (as the deciding factor on whether a player signs for them), then they may have trouble signing that player, as players (and more so their managers) just wont trust them

Or make sure the clause is iron clad in the players favor, personally hope the club does away with em like the Eels plan on doing

according to the Broncos (it was in the CM), the Broncos asked him if he wanted a release when the Panthers big money offer came in and HE declined it. the club made a decision some time after that, that Wallace was not what the club needed going forward, but they would have met their obligations to him if he couldn't find another club.

You don't trust them.

Raiders hit with another contract saga | smh.com.au

Edit: already posted earlier

Last edited:
I think we will get him. It will be the same as the Barba deal, on the same money the club he was contracted to was paying him. Also a disclosed amount of cash as a transfer fee compensating the Raiders wouldn't surprise me.

No way they can keep him at the raiders. Common sense has to prevail his dad is sick and he wants to return to family.

How can a player perform at his best when he has distractions like Milford has off the field. It would be crazy of canberra to push him to stay in Canberra his mind wouldn't be on the job.

Hopefully Ricky wakes up and he release's mIlf and he can get a quick couple hundred thousand in a transfer fee from the bronx and add what milf's on now and then go hard for a player who wants to be in Canberra. (Witch could be hard) but better then a guy who is torn between playing footy or being by his dad.

Dugan, Fergo, MIlf should leave you at least a mill in cap space. Go on Ricky...back yourself and the great lure of you being a great coach (chuckles) and go get who you want. You want a fullback how about Locke he would be used to the cold lol.... IMO

Anthony Milford will be wearing the the 6 for the broncos next year. (Positive thoughts)

How can a player perform at his best when he has distractions like Milford has off the field. It would be crazy of canberra to push him to stay in Canberra his mind wouldn't be on the job.
He managed to this year despite the distractions and if its case closed they'll be less of em, it'd be crazy to release him when his replacement is about a year off being ready

Hi. For what it's worth, I believe milf will sign a contract for 2015 hence no update as this will be announced nov 1st. This will put the Raiders into a position of developing a player who doesn't want to be there and I think they will in the end release him after receiving appropriate compensation. If milf was going to stay in Canberra he would have signed an extension already.

good first post broncosmax

Case closed? You wish.
Did you miss "if its"?

as for developing an extra year for you guys I think that will be irrelevant to their thinking, more likely they realise he is needed for another year to be competitive till either Ahearn or the Pom is ready for first grade.

Did you miss "if its"?

as for developing an extra year for you guys I think that will be irrelevant to their thinking, more likely they realise he is needed for another year to be competitive till either Ahearn or the Pom is ready for first grade.

Not sure the point if the kid doesn't want to be there. I guess we will see sooner or later.

I spoke to a mate who is good mates with milf and he said the broncos gave him a car to use whilst he is here in brisbane. I'm pretty confident he is signing with us

Yep this announcement means Milf intends on signing for us and time for us to play hardball with Canberra. The fact Ricky was poached for the same reasons Milf wants to leave makes it very hard for Canberra to com out of it in any good light at all by olding on to the kid for a year just to lose him anyway. Agree the Broncs push the manager to take it to court because on the Sticky-Conundrum-Effect-Principle, the Raiders will not be entitled to any compensation that way either. Book!! We get the kid, we look awesome, Canberra gets dudded for double standards and Sticky looks like the arrogant overrated cry baby he is. Everyone (except Sticky and Canberra's two fans) are happy, winning all round!!

Yep this announcement means Milf intends on signing for us and time for us to play hardball with Canberra. The fact Ricky was poached for the same reasons Milf wants to leave makes it very hard for Canberra to com out of it in any good light at all by olding on to the kid for a year just to lose him anyway. Agree the Broncs push the manager to take it to court because on the Sticky-Conundrum-Effect-Principle, the Raiders will not be entitled to any compensation that way either. Book!! We get the kid, we look awesome, Canberra gets dudded for double standards and Sticky looks like the arrogant overrated cry baby he is. Everyone (except Sticky and Canberra's two fans) are happy, winning all round!!

Haha! I'd love to have this hold up in court! Didn't Tony Abbott visit Red Hill? Maybe they could pass some new law to this effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • Astro
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.