[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunt actually has a great short kicking game. Much better than any of the other options of recent years. He gets repeat sets 99% of the time he puts a grubber in. His long kicking game is worse than gilletts though but that's most likely due to the fact that he hasn't had to kick long in a few years. I haven't seen much of milford but he has gotten two 40/20's this year since debuting. So i believe it must be good. In the golden cup milford was playing six but they would get him to take kick returns as he frequently troubled the opposition.

Yeah but we have barba for that, milford would be so dangerous in the halves. Imagine having to defend against milford, barba, hodges and gillet

Last edited:
Agreed that Hunt has a superb shorting kicking game, he kinda reminds me off Alfie in that regard. Milf is good at long kicking so if we get him, problem solvered there, if we don't get him goodness me we better hope one of the young guys plays in the halves and has a good boot.

The idea of Milford and Barba playing wide of the ruck together deep in the back line sends shivers down my spine... Imagine Hunt getting the ball out to gillo with hodges milf barba and fully recovered better then over Yow Yeh on the outside...

Yep you would think we would have to be the most dangerous attacking side with that back line.

It's probably nothing but I found it interesting how the broncos site posted an article about Milford and his time so far in the Samoan WC side.

I don't know if it's wishful thinking or if it's really happening, but I definitely see Milford in Broncos colours in 2014.

There are too many things happening that point to Milford returning home next season.

When his name was announced on the Samoa team sheet, having Brisbane next to it.
Milford having not returned home to Canberra since leaving at the end of the season when he was only supposed to be going on a holiday for a couple of weeks.
Milford showing no desire to return to Canberra or get into any talks with them regarding contracts.
And certain things he posts on his Instagram just all point towards Milford being a Bronco in 2014.

Lets hope once the world cup is over he can come home and sign on the dotted line and get his pre season started with us! :)

Fingers crossed because I would love to see it as much as every other Broncos fan would! :)

And as for Barba, Yow Yeh, Hodges, Milford, Gillett - That would be dynamite!

We could seriously win a premiership with that!

Looks like Logan is set to be Raiders feeder club again in 2014, they might have a star recruit:laugh:

Looks like Logan is set to be Raiders feeder club again in 2014, they might have a star recruit:laugh:

Who? Because if your referring to Milford that won't happen. I know the raiders want that but there is no way the NRL will allow it

Wait , now I'm confused. Didn't you say it was all about the money for Milford and his girlfriend.

Haha I was shit stirring guys:laugh:

As for Logan it benefits both clubs, like you guys we can't keep em all but we get some good players from it who want to stay, ie Papalii and Lee, be interesting to see which of the other u20s from there stay on long term but so far a good strike rate, lose 1 keep 2

Kid's got talent but thankfully the Broncos are keeping a very low profile on the deal, despite Stuart and Furner doing their best job to bait them into a comment.

Sweet, send em over to us once you have finished developing said recruit/s. Love your work.

It works out pretty well for us if our Brisbane boys are starting out with you guys, not so well for you, though... I mean, you live here in Brissie Bushie, they grew up with the beautiful weather, women, city. So you sign em up early and develop them, they get excited that they get in the NRL and paid decent dollars. They get developed and blooded. They realise Canberra is a nice looking city... And that's where it stops. They start missing home, want to return, take a relatively smaller contract (than they are offered by current club) to play with the club they grew up loving and dreamed of playing with. This doesn't just apply to Canberra, but many clubs over the years have seen a Bronco leave for money, only to miss home and return a few years later on a smaller contract than they could get elsewhere.

I love that that is a given for Brisbane, but at the same time, we run the constant risk of being a retirement village as in the past few years.

When Beale was leaving recently, it was common to take bets at how long before he returns. He may have missed the boat now. But if he were to come back, he would be at minimum wage I'm sure.

Something worth thinking about for the Canberra (Bulldogs, Roosters, most recently Manly) recruitment strategy team.

Oh, and tell Papa that were thinkin of him. Come say hi sometime ;)
Hi

Sweet, send em over to us once you have finished developing said recruit/s. Love your work.

It works out pretty well for us if our Brisbane boys are starting out with you guys, not so well for you, though... I mean, you live here in Brissie Bushie, they grew up with the beautiful weather, women, city. So you sign em up early and develop them, they get excited that they get in the NRL and paid decent dollars. They get developed and blooded. They realise Canberra is a nice looking city...
Stopped reading there... :suspicious:

Stopped reading there... :suspicious:

Can't believe the cheek of Canberra. Why can't they get players from their own back yard. There are plenty of players over the years that have come from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • ezpz
  • Harry Sack
  • Brotherdu
  • Midean
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • BroncsNBundy
  • kiwi2
  • Galah
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.