[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos are very confident they will get him for 2014, especially after talking to the NRL.

Roger that. With the amount of slip-ups in the media, with reporters, with team lists etc, all naming him as a Bronco, it's actually quite amazing. And while it may all just be genuine errors, I've never ever seen it happen as often as it has with Milford.

His go to line when he was at Parramatta was "we just don't have a quality roster"..

He blames everyone but himself.

Imagine being a Parra player and hearing your coach constantly tell the media how shit you are..

It's no wonder they got the spoon.

Imagine how frustrating it is to hear broncos fans say that that is the way our coach should act

The Broncos are very confident they will get him for 2014, especially after talking to the NRL.

SO is it safe to assume they have him locked for 2015 onwards and it's just a matter of trying to get him for 2014?

that must be the right thing to do, because every one on here has a go at Griffin for not doing the same

You and I think very alike it seems Foordy :)

Roger that. With the amount of slip-ups in the media, with reporters, with team lists etc, all naming him as a Bronco, it's actually quite amazing. And while it may all just be genuine errors, I've never ever seen it happen as often as it has with Milford.

Yeah it's quite staggering the amount of 'mistakes'. In all honesty it is like the worst kept secret going but the broncos won't formally acknowledge it. I also find it interesting that nearly every day the official broncos twitter account features an article on milford, I mean we hear about him more than our current roster that is involved in the WC... that cant just be a coincidence surely

Yeah it's quite staggering the amount of 'mistakes'. In all honesty it is like the worst kept secret going but the broncos won't formally acknowledge it. I also find it interesting that nearly every day the official broncos twitter account features an article on milford, I mean we hear about him more than our current roster that is involved in the WC... that cant just be a coincidence surely

The Broncos twitter account people are just teasing us... they know we want news of this potential signing. And that is just cruel

what will the Raiders do if Ayoub gets a medical certificate that states "Halo Milford is receiving ongoing treatment for a heart condition". then they say to the NRL "we've activated Anthony's clause, provided medical certificates, and signed with the Broncos".

Anyone who has had to get a medical certificate for work knows that once you pay the $70, the GP basically writes anything.
If the contract is being disputed you're off your head to think a simple doctors certificate will suffice, those sort of disputes generally require multiple experts reports, independent ones at that and case history etc.

Unknown if true but rumours have it Halo is at the World Cup which if true his heart has improved greatly

Last edited:
If the contract is being disputed you're off your head to think a simple doctors certificate will suffice, those sort of disputes generally require multiple experts reports, independent ones at that and case history etc.

Unknown if true but rumours have it Halo is at the World Cup which if true his heart has improved greatly

And your 'off your head' if you think the NRL will let him sit out for a year or risk losing him to another code... so it really doesn't matter does it

That's what we're saying. Who says a doctors certificate is not enough? Who says it is enough?

The general consensus is that this won't make it to the courts.

And who says the clause is even mutual? The Raiders no longer say they 'have' the NRLs backing, they're now saying they 'hope' the NRL backs them.

I know you're a Raiders fan but surely you can put your bias a side for a second and realised that a mutual clause makes absolutely no sense.

And your 'off your head' if you think the NRL will let him sit out for a year or risk losing him to another code... so it really doesn't matter does it
If the contract is iron clad the NRL won't have a choice, they'll either have to come to the party in offering the Raiders something major or probably face a mutiny from every club that the NRL is willing to break a legally binding contract to suit the Broncos

Given the Raiders track record in telling the truth, I'm far more inclined to believe what Ayoub says.

The Raiders seem to get enjoyment out of lying to their fans.

that must be the right thing to do, because every one on here has a go at Griffin for not doing the same

I don't want Hook to publicly rip into players, but I want him to acknowledge under performing players and drop them accordingly.

That's what we're saying. Who says a doctors certificate is not enough? Who says it is enough?

The general consensus is that this won't make it to the courts.

And who says the clause is even mutual? The Raiders no longer say they 'have' the NRLs backing, they're now saying they 'hope' the NRL backs them.

I know you're a Raiders fan but surely you can put your bias a side for a second and realised that a mutual clause makes absolutely no sense.
Common sense and a basic understanding in contract disputes says a mere doctors certificate won't be enough.

I know full well that a mutual clause wouldn't make much sense unless its concerning conditions, where the Raiders have to agree those conditions have been met.

Given the Raiders track record in telling the truth, I'm far more inclined to believe what Ayoub says.

The Raiders seem to get enjoyment out of lying to their fans.
I've stated as much when you guys started believing Don, though Ayoub is the same, remember this is the guy that was up to his neck in the Storm rort and the Tandy betting incident, Ayoubs as dodgy and untrustworthy as they come.

If the contract is iron clad the NRL won't have a choice, they'll either have to come to the party in offering the Raiders something major or probably face a mutiny from every club that the NRL is willing to break a legally binding contract to suit the Broncos

You're putting so much energy into this idea that the Broncos bend the NRL over every night and have their way with them.

This isn't about the Broncos, it's about a young BRISBANE kid missing his family and wanting to be with his dad.

Every single club is constantly looking to take advantage of another clubs misfortune. The Raiders are no different.

For some reason you can't fathom the notion that perhaps the 'Brisbane Broncos' as an organisation, both geographically and administratively are more appealing to players than the 'Canberra Raiders'.

Last edited:

I suppose he can always grab some cruisers and jump on a roof yeah? he loves social media so he shouldnt have any problem getting a release

I bet Raiders fans didn't dispute your fat-headed new coaches get out clause? Hypocrisy at it's finest. As bias as I may be, I think the Broncos have handled themselves well during this debacle. Except for sending my hopes sky high by posting multiple Milford articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • marw
  • Lazza
  • Brotherdu
  • Jedhead
  • Ondi
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Manifesto
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.