[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Manbush, say you want about how Milford and Ricky's situations
differ but the fact is Ricky went on the record after his release stating that he moved to Canberra for family reasons. He talked about how his daughter and wife would receive more support in Canberra and that this all a family decision.

All the stories/media/football legends all saying "it's about family so we don't blame him".

Now Milford is trying to leave for family reasons. And Ricky denies him that.

Mate, that is the definition of hypocrisy.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
I bet Raiders fans didn't dispute your fat-headed new coaches get out clause? Hypocrisy at it's finest. As bias as I may be, I think the Broncos have handled themselves well during this debacle. Except for sending my hopes sky high by posting multiple Milford articles
A lot of fans found the hypocrisy in that mate didn't sit well with everyone. Though his was one that he could leave at any time, there were no conditions that had to be met.

Theres hypocrisy on both sides when you can see past the club you follow bias.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Zero Tackle:
The Anthony Milford deadlock could be headed for mediation with both the Canberra Raiders and Brisbane Broncos sticking to their guns over the classy utility back.

Milford is contracted to the Raiders for 2014 but wants to move to the Broncos on compassionate grounds to be close to his ill father.

I’ve heard Milford has told Broncos players there is no way he will return to Canberra. His management has sought legal advice and an impartial mediator is likely to be called in to resolve the situation.

Milford has been playing for Samoa in the World Cup, making it difficult for the matter to be settled. But the star utility will return to Australia in coming weeks and the issue will be brought to a head then.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
A lot of fans found the hypocrisy in that mate didn't sit well with everyone. Though his was one that he could leave at any time, there were no conditions that had to be met.

Theres hypocrisy on both sides when you can see past the club you follow bias.

Regardless of the wording for each clause, Stuart cited family reason as the direct cause for leaving Parra. He used it as a PR smoother for the fact he was being a compete liar and doing a really d*ck move.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Regardless of the wording for each clause, Stuart cited family reason as the direct cause for leaving Parra. He used it as a PR smoother for the fact he was being a compete liar and doing a really d*ck move.
Same could be said about Milf couldn't it, with all the lies about his dads health.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
If the contract is being disputed you're off your head to think a simple doctors certificate will suffice, those sort of disputes generally require multiple experts reports, independent ones at that and case history etc.

Unknown if true but rumours have it Halo is at the World Cup which if true his heart has improved greatly

Milford tweeted that he hoped mum and dad were doing well at home unless they have gone over very recently

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Have you seen the doctors report?
Lmao considering he was too ill to move (then later said he just didn't want to), too ill to travel (then travelled to Canberra twice the following month, think its pretty logical.

The whole timing of this stunk, at one moment Milf stated he wanted to be a Raider for life then about 2 weeks later reports of homesickness and his dads health started appearing in the CM, it's dodgy to the core.

Last edited:
Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Same could be said about Milf couldn't it, with all the lies about his dads health.

Not yet it can't.

Yes Anthony has said his fathers health has been better. But we can't say that the medical treatment he requires hasn't become more demanding and more of a burden.

Maybe the Doctors have told him, yes, you're getting better, but you're in severe risk of having another heart attack.

Maybe Anthony has decided that he doesn't want to risk not being able to spend time with his dad?

Maybe they don't have drivers licences and needs to travel some distance for rehabilitation?

There are so many circumstances that need to be considered before you can label Milford a liar.

One certain thing is that his dad has had a heart attack and has heart issues.
And people with heart issues can relapse very fast.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
It's funny reading all the posts in the GH about how stupid and delusional Broncos supporters are. When in actual fact, the only people in the Rugby league community who DONT think paying Milford a million a season is idiotically stupid are the Raiders fans.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
But you feel like a genius amongst us Bronco fans, right Bushman? I believe that was your wording :laugh:

Corz21

Corz21

Nov 13, 2013
Hey everyone, just joined after ready the forum for a bit.
just thought I'd throw my 2c in about this Milford talk.
firstly I am all for us signing him. Hes without a doubt in my mind going to be a superstar.
if there's a clause stating he can leave due to family health then it's a simple case.
cantget my head around how Stuart can try prevent him leaving Canberra after his own excuses for leaving parra. Mind boggling tbh.
anyways something of interest, I follow Milford and many others on Instagram and I recently read someone saying that Milford told Canberra that after the World Cup that he won't be returning to Canberra at all. Not sure how true it is but I believe he willbe a bronco next season.. 2014 looks so much better already for the broncs.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Then if both Milford & Stuart are doing the same thing, why is one being tolerated by the Raiders and one not?

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Lmao considering he was too ill to move (then later said he just didn't want to), too ill to travel (then travelled to Canberra twice the following month, think its pretty logical.

The whole timing of this stunk, at one moment Milf stated he wanted to be a Raider for life then about 2 weeks later reports of homesickness and his dads health started appearing in the CM, it's dodgy to the core.

So basically you are telling us that you are full of shit.
Judge and juror without all the facts

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
For all those that think Milford should stay at the Raiders because he's contracted there, consider this. Apparently Brisbane chased him but the Canberra offer was more attractive. But, he still had the family concerns, which is why the clause was there. If the Raiders didn't agree to put in the clause, would he have signed? To simplify, if Milford knew that the Raiders contract would be unconditional, and that they wouldn't let him return home until after his contract expired, would he had even signed with them???

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

No, no, Milford's a time traveller. How else did he know, way back when he signed the contract, that the Future Broncos would sack their two first-choice halves?

Corz21

Corz21

Nov 13, 2013
All of this talk of big money offers to Milford from Canberra are crazy, don't people realise that Polynesian culture is family orientated, family first and foremost, I can guarantee that if Milford wants to be in bris with his family he would sooner quit playing all together then risk not being with his family. Money won't solve that.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

Mate, loads of sports people from all over the globe say they want to be at a certain team for life and then up and leave within a season. Its just a throw away line which keeps their current fans and team management happy and avoids uncomfortable questions.

If my manager asks me am I happy here my answer is yes, sure i am, hope to be here for a long time while i minimise job descriptions on my pc. Once i have secured another role is when i would resign, its no different to what Milf did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Alec
  • kiwibronco
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.