[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same could be said about Milf couldn't it, with all the lies about his dads health.

People don't get better after heart attacks. Even insinuating that he's a liar for wanting to return to his home to be with his sick father HEY GUYS NING HERE. If the wording in the clause is what makes Milford stay then the Raiders are liars for making a young kid think that if his father was unwell he could return to be with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
People don't get better after heart attacks. Even insinuating that he's a liar for wanting to return to his home to be with his sick father HEY GUYS NING HERE. If the wording in the clause is what makes Milford stay then the Raiders are liars for making a young kid think that if his father was unwell he could return to be with him.

Throttle back on the personal attacks there champ. We all know bushy has a bias and an agenda, he has been up front about it from the start, but that does not justify a personal attack. Attack his argument or opinion and point out the manifold flaws by all means, but don't personalise it.

Lmao considering he was too ill to move (then later said he just didn't want to), too ill to travel (then travelled to Canberra twice the following month, think its pretty logical.

The whole timing of this stunk, at one moment Milf stated he wanted to be a Raider for life then about 2 weeks later reports of homesickness and his dads health started appearing in the CM, it's dodgy to the core.

I think we have been through this with a number of Greenhouse members. Unless you have direct knowledge of what the contract says, including the mystical clause, any view that you, I or anyone expresses about it is uninformed speculation. It would seem likely that if the clause was clear cut and in Milford's favour, and he genuinely wanted to return to Brisbane, that this would have occurred by now. The fact that it hasn't tends to indicate that the clause is not clear cut, or that the conditions giving rise to the operation of the clause have not been satisfied. The previous sentence is further uninformed speculation.

If I'm Milford, I'd be furious with the Raiders.

He re-signed there thinking the Raiders understood his situation, cared about him and his family, signed with a clause that was intended for his security and protection.

Now all of a sudden the Raiders are saying "Nup, stuff you, your dad's not sick enough, the clause you thought you could activate is meaningless".

He must be thinking he's being treated like shït.

And then to have Ricky Stuart say he "understands the situation, player welfare is what's most important, we have to do what's best for Anthony."

They breached his trust.

I think we have been through this with a number of Greenhouse members. Unless you have direct knowledge of what the contract says, including the mystical clause, any view that you, I or anyone expresses about it is uninformed speculation. It would seem likely that if the clause was clear cut and in Milford's favour, and he genuinely wanted to return to Brisbane, that this would have occurred by now. The fact that it hasn't tends to indicate that the clause is not clear cut, or that the conditions giving rise to the operation of the clause have not been satisfied. The previous sentence is further uninformed speculation.

It could be that the clause is in Milford's favour, and Ayoub is using the Raiders offer as a bit of a bargaining chip to get some extra dollars out of us. He knows Milford won't negotiate another contract for 3-4 years..

Ayoub knows there was no hurry to get this resolved.
He was never going to go to the Broncos with 6 games remaining in the season, and He knew Milford would be away for the World Cup.

He knew the Raiders would always make a counter offer. Now he can go back to us and push for a little more money.

So basically my understanding of the situation is that Raiders fans now hate Milford and think he's a dirty little liar, but still desperately want him to stay? Bizarre...

It could be that the clause is in Milford's favour, and Ayoub is using the Raiders offer as a bit of a bargaining chip to get some extra dollars out of us. He knows Milford won't negotiate another contract for 3-4 years..

Ayoub knows there was no hurry to get this resolved.
He was never going to go to the Broncos with 6 games remaining in the season, and He knew Milford would be away for the World Cup.

He knew the Raiders would always make a counter offer. Now he can go back to us and push for a little more money.
Could be, but I'd say it's more just as simple as hes away at the World Cup and until he returns the raiders can't concede and the broncs can't announce. That's what I'm hoping for atleast :lol:

People don't get better after heart attacks. Even insinuating that he's a liar for wanting to return to his home to be with his sick father makes you HEY GUYS NING HERE. If the wording in the clause is what makes Milford stay then the Raiders are liars for making a young kid think that if his father was unwell he could return to be with him.
Remember Milf extended AFTER the heart attack, so yes his health IS getting better, even Milf has recently admitted as much and that Halos health is better than was expected to be at this point in time.

There's been so many lies about his dads health in the CM that can't be disputed.

Throttle back on the personal attacks there champ. We all know bushy has a bias and an agenda, he has been up front about it from the start, but that does not justify a personal attack. Attack his argument or opinion and point out the manifold flaws by all means, but don't personalise it.

But his more personal attacks about a sick person are ok? Alright, my bad.

Remember Milf extended AFTER the heart attack, so yes his health IS getting better, even Milf has recently admitted as much and that Halos health is better than was expected to be at this point in time.

There's been so many lies about his dads health in the CM that can't be disputed.

Yes better, but not perfect. There's still a huge chance that anyone who has already suffered a heart attack will have another one. Therefore these lies you're talking about are ridiculous.

There is a difference between a personal attack and stating someone isn't sick. Move on, and if he really gets under your skin, add him to your ignore list.

Mate there are lies that have been proven to be lies if you haven't been paying attention to the dramas since the beginning.

I was comparing someone's insult of Stuart (OMG he also has sick family) to the Milf situation, everyone lies occasionally to benefit themselves myself included

IMO, the NRL remains the key in all this, irrespective of the true legal construction of the Halo clause or the "lies perpetuated in the Courier Mail".

That's a reality that both sets of fans are going to have to live with.

The NRL will determine the merit of the termination clause, when they determine whether to register his contract with the Broncos for 2014 or not, and on what conditions. The NRL will probably make a magnanimous decision to keep everyone happy to the effect that the Broncos will have to pay some undisclosed amount of compensation to the Raiders in consideration of the NRL registering Milford's contract for 2014. Play nice children.

This will fuel endless speculation and torment from Raiders fans and divert their attention away from the true underlying common denominator issues they have at the club (Furner family oligarchy, Ricky Stuart, leaking juniors, poor culture).

If only its members were as active in real life as they are on anonymous public forums then they could actual sway their club's AGM and vote with their feet.

If the contract is being disputed you're off your head to think a simple doctors certificate will suffice, those sort of disputes generally require multiple experts reports, independent ones at that and case history etc.

Unknown if true but rumours have it Halo is at the World Cup which if true his heart has improved greatly

He is not over in the UK.

The Broncos are very confident they will get him for 2014, especially after talking to the NRL.

Gee been down to the local fortune teller to get his palm read again?

Exciting news if this is true.

Gee been down to the local fortune teller to get his palm read again?

Exciting news if this is true.

Not as exciting as Sean Connery (?) in F-Me boots, a microkini & a pig tail, but yes, exciting nonetheless.

One can't help but ask the question, if Anthony was as homesick as he's making out to be, would he really have gone over to the UK for the last 5-6 weeks?

It would have boded better for his situation if he simply sat out the world cup to stay with his family, he's only 19, he'll be sure to play in at least 3 more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • ostin86
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.