[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
One can't help but ask the question, if Anthony was as homesick as he's making out to be, would he really have gone over to the UK for the last 5-6 weeks?

It would have boded better for his situation if he simply sat out the world cup to stay with his family, he's only 19, he'll be sure to play in at least 3 more of them.

The next World Cup he'll be playing for Australia.
It was important for him to represent his family heritage.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Being forced to be away for a further year and after visiting family representing your country in a one in five year opportunity are hardly on the same playing field

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He spent, what, like a month with them after the Raiders season ended. Yeah, it's not a huge amount of time, but it's probably enough to be able to spend another month away from them again.

I don't claim to know what he's actually thinking, I just think him going on the World Cup tour hardly means he isn't homesick.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I tend to agree, I would've done the same thing if given the opportunity to play for my country, but nevertheless, if he did decide to stay home this whole fiasco would probably be over, and he'd be currently at pre-season training for the Broncos.

Each to their own though, hopefully it gets sorted out sooner rather than later.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The next World Cup he'll be playing for Australia.
It was important for him to represent his family heritage.

Isn't he playing for his country in the World Cup?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Isn't he playing for his country in the World Cup?

I think what he meant was that IF he missed this world cup as some have suggested he do ... then he would possibly be playing for Australia in the next one in 5 years, hence missing out on his opportunity to represent his family heritage

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
I think what he meant was that IF he missed this world cup as some have suggested he do ... then he would possibly be playing for Australia in the next one in 5 years, hence missing out on his opportunity to represent his family heritage

Correct.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
"Salford Red Devils owner has confirmed he will be making a bid to get Anthony Milford to the Super League."

I doubt he'd leave, but it may make the NRL sort this ordeal out faster and ensure Milford is contracted to either the Broncos or Raiders long-term.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
"Salford Red Devils owner has confirmed he will be making a bid to get Anthony Milford to the Super League."

I doubt he'd leave, but it may make the NRL sort this ordeal out faster and ensure Milford is contracted to either the Broncos or Raiders long-term.

This owner is a fucking idiot. Every day there is another article that he is going to make a bid for some big name nrl player

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Doubt that is going to get him closer to his family.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
This owner is a fucking idiot. Every day there is another article that he is going to make a bid for some big name nrl player

True,
But maybe this will put the pressure on to get it sorted and keep him in the NRL.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
True,
But maybe this will put the pressure on to get it sorted and keep him in the NRL.

Yeah absolutely, the 'interest' may be getting drummed up by ayoub to make a point to the nrl

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Yeah absolutely, the 'interest' may be getting drummed up by ayoub to make a point to the nrl

Could be.. But it could also just be that the owner of Salford is a bell end and makes stupid offers to everybody.

I'd rather he stayed at the Raiders than leave for the super league.

But there would be no chance he'd go.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
One can't help but ask the question, if Anthony was as homesick as he's making out to be, would he really have gone over to the UK for the last 5-6 weeks?

It would have boded better for his situation if he simply sat out the world cup to stay with his family, he's only 19, he'll be sure to play in at least 3 more of them.

So following that logic he would have to quit playing football to justify missing home. He is always going to be away and if he makes rep teams later he is going to be away at times for his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • KickHaas
  • Scdeac
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • levikaden
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.