International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
I found him, this is [MENTION=8480]papabear[/MENTION] ;)

Attachments

• papabear.jpg
    papabear.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 146
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Who is Ryan Hanlon ... is he someone who would actually know or just guessing like everyone else

Probably a nobody just guessing / making stuff up, but you never know

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If Baptiste was on his way out anyway, how is he part of the deal?

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Maranta did have a poor season.

But he is actually a very good fullback.

He hadn't played much wing until first grade. He's still trying to find his feet, but there are huge raps on him at Red Hill.

Hook has limited his creativity and told him to just focus on not making mistakes. Which is evident in his play. Stepping inside instead of diving in the corner or taking on the winger.

He may have bombed a few tries from being too cautious but he makes very few mistakes/drop balls/knock on's.

Give him some time to develop. He got thrown into first grade too early because of all the injuries.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I just got contacted by my source. It looks like that Ryan Hanlon guy got the same information.

They said the deal is done. Milford will be joining us in 2014. Kurt Baptiste is one name mentioned and the other was omitted. This is just my personal speculation, but I'm tempted to think Hoffman is the second. Whoever it is, it seems either the Raiders or the Broncs are keen on keeping it quiet for now.

Good luck to them.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
You can only imagine that it's very likely that Josh Hoffman would be the second piece going to the Raiders, they obviously need a replacement Fullback... not sure how I feel about giving up Hoffman & Baptiste for Milford.. I guess I'm okay with it..

1. Barba
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Kahu / Yow Yeh / Vidot
5. Vidot / Yow Yeh / Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
You can only imagine that it's very likely that Josh Hoffman would be the second piece going to the Raiders, they obviously need a replacement Fullback... not sure how I feel about giving up Hoffman & Baptiste for Milford.. I guess I'm okay with it..

1. Barba
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Kahu / Yow Yeh / Vidot
5. Vidot / Yow Yeh / Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

I'd say it's a good deal, provided we aren't covering Baptiste and Hoffman under our cap. We're already going to pay them cash compensation. We already have good coverage for the number 9 (technically) and we need a decent half more than we need a winger who SEEMS like he could be a gun.

B

broncomax

NYC Player
Oct 5, 2013
Wonder with Baptiste gone, does this mean we will be making a play for Cam Smith?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Wonder with Baptiste gone, does this mean we will be making a play for Cam Smith?

That's like asking.. now that we've lost Nick Slyney, are we making a play for Matt Scott? Completely different ballpark, and hopefully we don't make him an offer, several other players I'd rather chase.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Wasn't Baptiste off contract anyway? Or did he re-sign and it wasn't publicised?

You can hardly call giving a player who was off contract and could sign with the Raiders for free compensation.

Baptiste was never going to get a game with us, even though he is a good player. And for Hoffman, wingers who can finish are much easier to come across than a player like Milford.

In an ideal world, Hoffman would stay and play on the wing. But I don't want players at the club who don't want to be there.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
That's like asking.. now that we've lost Nick Slyney, are we making a play for Matt Scott? Completely different ballpark, and hopefully we don't make him an offer, several other players I'd rather chase.

Granville has the bench spot sewn up.
Despite the fact Macca could easily be an 80 minute player.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Likely we will and if we lose Hoffman and Baptiste, that sucks but to get Milford is a pretty good deal. We will have a top four side next year and essentially only lose a potentially gun hooker (who I really rate) and a glorified winger to get it. We have plenty of wing cover!!

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
Very keen on securing Milford, moreso than Barba actually but we already have him.

Not exactly thrilled to possibly lose Hoffman however. Hoffman would be a quality winger, who could develop into a good centre and provide flexibility in the case of injuries. He is reportedly well liked at the club, is a good clubmen and has been here for many years.

Fullbacks earn more than wingers, but a good centre is not that far behind a good fullback on the scale of things. C'mon Hoffy, stay and win a comp.

This better not be a good will jesture on the Broncos behalf. I can only assume giving up Hoffman is a sign that we would have to wait at least another year to get Milford. If not, we should be playing hardball and getting both.

I have no qualms with Baptiste going to the Raiders. Good luck to the kid.

Oink !

ps Thought Stewart Mills interviewed well on BroncoTV. Hope he goes well.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think Hoffman could be the best winger in our side (and that's including a fit Yow Yeh in my honest opinion), and I think wingers are becoming a bit underrated, especially compared to centres these days. We do have a lot of depth to cover the wing though, it's just none of them will be quite as good as Hoffman, that's all.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
I think Hoffman could be the best winger in our side (and that's including a fit Yow Yeh in my honest opinion), and I think wingers are becoming a bit underrated, especially compared to centres these days. We do have a lot of depth to cover the wing though, it's just none of them will be quite as good as Hoffman, that's all.

I think you may have forgotten how much of a beast JYY was. And hopefully he can get back to his best.

Also remember, Hoffman was dropped to the wing at the end of 2012 and didn't offer very much.

And let's be honest, with Hodgo and Reed constantly injured/out with origin.
It wasn't difficult to stand out in our back line this year.

I'd like him to stay. But his best position is on the wing and he seems to have his heart set on fullback.

Hoffman out for Barba, Milford, Vidot and Kennedy.
That's a pretty good deal any way you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Ondi
  • Lostboy
  • Justwin
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwibronco
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.