[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just hope the Broncos sign him now and not the Titans. With Milford, Barba, Tasi and Kennedy, that would probably make Gee even after Inglis.

Haha I got a mention on their forum. Man they are sooks. I know why Milford wants to leave Raiders now..

Its sad watching both forums talk back and forth about eachother in each forum. But being bored with nothing else to do Im having a good laugh at both sides. Hi Manbush and friends

HAHAHAH MANBUSH.. ur a legend

Last edited:
Sure, the percentage increases but just from a really low number to a somewhat low number. You can count on one hand the number of times where two halves pass to each other in a backline move in many games. The rest of the time a half is at first receiver, which is what will happen to Milford. It seems crazy to me that people are so keen to force a player into that role in the hope that he might develop a prolific passing game, when there is the chance to play him at fullback where he gets infinitely more opportunity to showcase his incredible running game while still having a passing role (although with less pressure).

The comparison to Foran isn't great either. From watching both when they started their careers I think Foran was definitely more of a ball-player that Milford was at the same stage. Foran was a tough nugget and there was plenty of speculation that his toughness and running could see him play in the centres or at lock but he always had a really good passing game, more than Milford in my opinion.

With almost every single attacking play in the opposition 20 the ball would go through the hands of both halves, doesn't matter if it's second receiver they one would receive it after the other (a few forwards between) we would always set up parker or some such running half way between the goal posts and the sideline and then shift it the other way. If the right side was intended to score the points Wallace was first receiver. If the left was it was prince. With hunt and Milford this would work very well because assuming Glenn gets back in form virtually every player that touches the ball is a worry to the defence and with how late hunt passes (committing defence) and milford's running game the halves would always be in two minds. I'd still like to see Hodges roaming (better ball player than barbs) and barbs slotting in to the backline movement. The defence would always be in two minds with every player and every decoy being a threat.

As much as I don't like the circumstances he's leaving the Raiders on, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans, stay classy Canberra, enjoy several more years of mediocrity.

Wow, so this is actually happening.

I feel bad for the Raiders, maybe they should relocate up here and play out of Davies Park :winky:

How long would he sign for? Would he want to stay or go back to Canberra one day? Questions, questions..

Mandatory headwear at the GH currently:

tin-foil-viking-hat-man.jpg

Welp, there's no hiding it now. Canberra must realize that they can't risk not only dishonoring an official contract, but also risking the PR fallout if they force Milford to stay in Canberra and his father tragically dies while he is away. It was THEIR choice to dump Carney and Dugan, not ours, so now they can fucking live with it.

I posted this on Greenhouse, lets see if it gets moderator approval:

Looks like a weekend of karma for the Canberra Raiders. a massive drubbing at the hands of Melbourne on your home turf and Milford now all but lost.

All of you must realize that you can't risk not only dishonoring an official contract, but also risking the PR fallout if you force Milford to stay in Canberra and his father tragically dies while he is away. It was YOUR choice to dump Carney and Dugan, not ours, so now you can live with it. Perhaps those two and Ferguson mishehave/d so often because there is a serious culture problem at the club. I don't know what it is, I'm a Brisbane supporter, I don't keep up with the day to day issues of the nations Crapital. What I do know is that you're accusing Brisbane of some shady backroom shit stirring with no basis in fact, attacking an entire fanbase over the dumb choices of YOUR administrators AND fucking with Milford on an emotional level. No wonder all these players are so damn happy to get out of there.

A lot of growing up to do at the Canberra Raiders, not only on field but off field as well.

Last edited:
Sure, the percentage increases but just from a really low number to a somewhat low number. You can count on one hand the number of times where two halves pass to each other in a backline move in many games. The rest of the time a half is at first receiver, which is what will happen to Milford. It seems crazy to me that people are so keen to force a player into that role in the hope that he might develop a prolific passing game, when there is the chance to play him at fullback where he gets infinitely more opportunity to showcase his incredible running game while still having a passing role (although with less pressure).

The comparison to Foran isn't great either. From watching both when they started their careers I think Foran was definitely more of a ball-player that Milford was at the same stage. Foran was a tough nugget and there was plenty of speculation that his toughness and running could see him play in the centres or at lock but he always had a really good passing game, more than Milford in my opinion.
I respect your opinions but when we get Barba and Milford which one are you planning to be a reserve or play Q cup or do you see Barba as a 5/8

I respect your opinions but when we get Barba and Milford which one are you planning to be a reserve or play Q cup or do you see Barba as a 5/8

Hoffman to Wing, Barba to fullback, Milford to five eighth and Maranta and Prince can **** off to QLD Cup. Pretty simple.

Hoffman to Wing, Barba to fullback, Milford to five eighth and Maranta and Prince can **** off to QLD Cup. Pretty simple.
This is what I would do but I am interested to know what KingWebcke had in mind as he sees Milford as a fullback

I'd like to see Hoffman in the centres, Hodges won't be around much longer and Hoffmans future is there imo. Sure it means Reed misses out but future proof this club already!

I'd like to see Hoffman in the centres, Hodges won't be around much longer and Hoffmans future is there imo. Sure it means Reed misses out but future proof this club already!

It's practically certain that we've signed both Barba and Milford, how much more future proofing do you need lol

It's practically certain that we've signed both Barba and Milford, how much more future proofing do you need lol

I'd like to see plans in place to make sure we don't lose anything in the centres when Hodges retires. Stars like Hodges, Parker, Locky, Webcke, Khunt, Izzy are players who when you see the end coming you begin to prepare the next guy. While Hodges has plenty of brain fart moments he also is a key part to the teams attack and he will retire soon.

With almost every single attacking play in the opposition 20 the ball would go through the hands of both halves, doesn't matter if it's second receiver they one would receive it after the other (a few forwards between) we would always set up parker or some such running half way between the goal posts and the sideline and then shift it the other way.

I have an old mate who'd love to argue for hours about the set-up of the modern game but in my case it isn't something I'm really keen on pursuing. All I can say here is that I couldn't disagree more strongly with this post. For almost every team in the NRL, the vast majority of attacking plays inside the 20 do not see both halves touch the ball.

There are only ever a handful of occasions where they pass to each other, and then a few times where the play is broken or there is a big shift and both will touch the ball, however, like I said, the number of times where they both touch the ball in a move is really, really small.

Well in that happy situation then you'd almost have to play Milford in the halves.

I'd like to see plans in place to make sure we don't lose anything in the centres when Hodges retires. Stars like Hodges, Parker, Locky, Webcke, Khunt, Izzy are players who when you see the end coming you begin to prepare the next guy. While Hodges has plenty of brain fart moments he also is a key part to the teams attack and he will retire soon.

If yow yeh continues to improve after his injury, he will replace Justin at centre when he retires. And I believe he will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Johnny92
  • azza.79
  • Redfern_1980
  • bert_lifts
  • Justwin
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Confidor
  • Sproj
  • Ondi
  • bb_gun
  • jarro65
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • porouian
  • Dash
  • Redux
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.