[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always ?

Played a lot of u/20's as a 5/8.

Selected for various rep teams as a half ......

Yup, hes a half first and foremost. He played halfback for the QLD under 20's this year and also captained the team.

So pumped that milford could be at the broncos. If i had to pick between him and barba, id take milford in a heartbeat. No off field issues, young, rep captain, can play halves and fullback. I think he will be the next big superstar of the game, massively overshadowing barba.

ABC Grandstand just tweeted this

Canberra Raiders confirm they won't be releasing Anthony Milford from the final year of his contract following a request from his manager.

Pathetic by the Raiders really.

That's fair enough from the Raiders - obviously hoping Milford will have a change of heart/his dad's condition will improve. It's the sensible option for all parties.

They're exactly right. We are definitely influencing Milford's mum by making her lie about how sick his dad is.

And in fact just yesterday we had a hypnotist at Canberra convince Mahe Fonua he's not a total retard...and he scored 3 tries.

We are out there to destroy Canberra.
Next we're going to change the weather in Canberra to be cold, miserable and the city full of public servants so players won't want to play there...oh...wait...already been done.

In all seriousness, I agree with ning. Milford's asked for a release, Canberra won't action anything until the offseason. Entirely appropriate. A lot can change in a couple of months.

ABC Grandstand just tweeted this

Canberra Raiders confirm they won't be releasing Anthony Milford from the final year of his contract following a request from his manager.

Pathetic by the Raiders really.

If that is the case then this could get ugly for the Raiders ... especially since they agreed to the family illness get out clause (and they only did that to ensure he re-signed with them)

IMO, there is no point of inserting a get out clause into a contract that requires a mutual agreement, Milfords manager has implied this as well.

They're exactly right. We are definitely influencing Milford's mum by making her lie about how sick his dad is.

And in fact just yesterday we had a hypnotist at Canberra convince Mahe Fonua he's not a total retard...and he scored 3 tries.

We are out there to destroy Canberra.
Next we're going to change the weather in Canberra to be cold, miserable and the city full of public servants so players won't want to play there...oh...wait...already been done.

You can thank me and my time travel device for that one. Don't believe me? I'll prove it works...

Might be strange but his career didn't start 12 months ago in the 20's.

:001_rolleyes:

It's amazing how condescending you can be. Putting that aside, wouldn't his most RECENT experience be more important than where he played his junior footy?

Using your logic, the Broncos would never have played Lockyer at fullback.

Don't a lot of halves play their junior footy at fullback? Heard a couple of halves talk about it over the years and it was basically their junior coach identifying them as a cut above the rest and put them at fullback where they'd have the most impact.

Barba and Milford are pretty much the same player, except I think Milford has more natural talent and potential.
Barba also played in the halves in the U20s. In fact he's been arguably the best U20s player of all (relatively short) time.

Would you think he's a half and not a fullback now?
I think it's the same with Milford. Hopefully he proves me wrong if he comes here and has to play in the halves.

It'll happen, the Raiders are just playing the same game they played with the Dragons over Williams.

*EDIT*

The Broncs might have to pony up some cash but it'll happen over the off season when all the media interest has died down.

Same for Barba........

Last edited:
:001_rolleyes:

It's amazing how condescending you can be. Putting that aside, wouldn't his most RECENT experience be more important than where he played his junior footy?

Using your logic, the Broncos would never have played Lockyer at fullback.

Well no. I'm not saying he can't play or move position. I'm correcting people saying he's never played fullback.

If people want to be delicate about being corrected don't get things wrong.

His most recent experience is at fullback so that doesn't help your case either.

Most I've seen of Milford at NRL level is coming of the bench in 14 for the Raiders.

You're all wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • levikaden
  • heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • spanky
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bert_lifts
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.