[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet your bottom $ Milford needs to keep playing so he has the funds to send home to help his family.

You've never been in a contract dispute rna? :scared:

Oh many times. I was an industrial officer for a long time.

What gets me is the subtle, and not so subtle emphasis on ethics and morality, which to me at least, creates a sense of urgency, a sense of come on, come on ... when really, this is turning into a long battle over the finer points of contract law

I think it's bad PR by the Raiders to have a virtual tug-of-war with Milford over family issues like this. His manager's confirmed a release request, so the bottom line is that he wants to leave. It's no different from the Barba situation. If you have a player at a club who doesn't want to be there, they are not going to perform. So what Canberra are trying to do is secure a player who will be far from 100% in 2014.

Besides, relocating someone with a heart condition that requires 24/7 care is not an easy enterprise. You cannot take the risk of a long car trip (what if something happens on the way?), and you certainly cannot fly anyone in such a condition.

Think you're exaggerating his condition, 24/7 care, can't fly and risky car trips, didn't he fly to Canberra recently to watch the game and if car trip too risky I'm sure the Raiders would hire an ambulance

Think you're exaggerating his condition, 24/7 care, can't fly and risky car trips, didn't he fly to Canberra recently to watch the game and if car trip too risky I'm sure the Raiders would hire an ambulance

Yeah but if you look into his dad can't travel period now as the doctor said its highly recommended he stay put. So ie, no more travelling to Canberra , and he doenst need 24/7 care just someone to take him to weekly checkups , Nd spend time with, especially his son cos he doesnt know how much he has left, put yourself in milfords shoes.

It's the shitful Canberra weather that's the risk .......You can't blame Milford snr for hating it.

Whether that's the case or not the family obviously don't want him to lose all his friends and support networks. Most people, particularly polynesians, have huge community networks and it wouldn't be fair for him to have to leave those support networks.

It's the shitful Canberra weather that's the risk .......You can't blame Milford snr for hating it.

Yep that's the most likely reasoning, they were flown down to check the joint out with the view to moving and obviously didn't like the place. Medically he would've been right to move and they have the experts there to look after him.

Hahaha someone the guys over at the greenhouse still believe FiH's fake article about Andrew gee and he's upcoming book 'galloping to glory'

One of their posts I just read:

"That article about Andrew gee on the phone talking to a player manager about bringing a young player to the broncos next season has fallen into place.

The nrl is going to have to do something to support the raiders in the days of contracts being worth nothing when the likes of dugan and Milford can jump ship to other clubs."

Gold!

I'm hearing reports Edrick Lee's dad's doctor has received a large payment... hmmm conspiracy? Could he be asking for a "sick dad" clause being added too? Is this truly a sinister attempt by those associated with the Broncos to poach Canberra's good players?

Someone keep an eye on Wighton's parents... ;-)

The doctors in Temora are highly persuadable.. I'd start there.

Yep that's the most likely reasoning, they were flown down to check the joint out with the view to moving and obviously didn't like the place. Medically he would've been right to move and they have the experts there to look after him.

Yeah but ......they're Canberra "medical experts"

and well

you know what I mean.......:winky:

snoop-83835972257_xlarge_zps9f25b763.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The doctors in Temora are highly persuadable.. I'd start there.

Haha. I still don't see how your a raiders fan... You actually have a personality

So are you going to follow Milford's lead and become a bronco?

Hey guys, I can now confirm I will be joining the Broncos next year, doctor says it's best for my health that I join a sports team so I decided I'd go for a local team like the Broncos.

Where is [MENTION=8300]FaithinHook[/MENTION] , has anyone heard from him? If there are any guys from the Raiders forum reading this and you see FaithinHook please tell him to come home, we miss him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.