[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't happen. There are many other sides he would go to if these rumours be true. But I sense this is just Flanagan/Rothfield playing with untruths to destabilise the side further. That and the fact Fergo's clause only related to Furner himself, which we all know he is not going anywhere, I am pretty safe with the Raiders declining this one out of court..

However, if he did sign with the Sharkies I wonder how long they would take to attempt to pay off the shire lady he fondled?
So, what is the go with this? Surely, if found guilty, he'd be deregistered for a season, a la Carney or Lui?

So, what is the go with this? Surely, if found guilty, he'd be deregistered for a season, a la Carney or Lui?

Well that is the thing.. all this hoo-haa could be pointless depending on the result of his trial later this year (after the season finishes). It also creates a bit of nonsesne around yesterdays speculations he is in the running for the Aussie squad as he needs to face court during the cup.

Won't happen. There are many other sides he would go to if these rumours be true. But I sense this is just Flanagan/Rothfield playing with untruths to destabilise the side further. That and the fact Fergo's clause only related to Furner himself, which we all know he is not going anywhere, I am pretty safe with the Raiders declining this one out of court..

However, if he did sign with the Sharkies I wonder how long they would take to attempt to pay off the shire lady he fondled?

He fondled a Hobbit?

Depends, Lui was suspended for about 18 rounds, Isaac Gordon 9 rounds both for domestic violence so you'd think gropping a lady wouldn't receive as serious a punishment as either of those, he's already served 5 weeks so another 4 and the NRL must put that crime on the same level as beating a woman up

Last edited:
Especially with Anthony Milford who they've had for a number of years through their system. "They finally get him there and he's shown he's the exciting talent that everyone thought he would be and the Raiders have persisted with him, only to lose him to another club is devastating. "... it happens everywhere, but I suppose we just see it at the Raiders more often than not."

That part in particular

Last edited:
Depends, Lui was suspended for about 18 rounds, Isaac Gordon 9 rounds both for domestic violence so you'd think gropping a lady wouldn't receive as serious a punishment as either of those, he's already served 5 weeks so another 4 and the NRL must put that crime on the same level as beating a woman up

You make a good point. All jokes aside though, why do we even bother having a women in league round? When with 'punishments' like that for domestic violence the NRL is clearly showing it doesn't give a **** about women

Raiders need to stop acting like martyrs, the hypocrites poached Ferguson from Cronulla through a get-out clause.

Damnit I missed the Furner interview on 360:crying:

Damnit I missed the Furner interview on 360:crying:
Short version is:
"We're not releasing Milford. Ferguson hasn't asked for a release. I haven't spoken to him today. Will see him tomorrow. Spoke to his uncle (not Choc) today who doesn't know anything about it".

Raiders need to stop acting like martyrs, the hypocrites poached Ferguson from Cronulla through a get-out clause.

I agree with you ...

after listening to the comments coming out of the Raiders about Milford wanting to use his get out clause and after they sacked Dugan and it just seems like they are happy to benefit from players either wanting to use a get out clause or from signing them after they've been sacked (Furguson and Costigan)

but if it happens to them it is the biggest injustice ever seen in sport.

HYPOCRITES

Short version is:
"We're not releasing Milford. Ferguson hasn't asked for a release. I haven't spoken to him today. Will see him tomorrow. Spoke to his uncle (not Choc) today who doesn't know anything about it".

Cheers for the catch-up Ivan. :winky:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...eam/story-fn2mcuj6-1226697354799#.UgtyGmQpaqw

REBORN No.1 Josh Hoffman has revealed he’d be "disappointed" if the Broncos sign Ben Barba or Anthony Milford, and admitted any deal could shatter his dream of being a one-club man.

Signed until the end of 2015, the 25-year-old said while the prize capture of either of the dynamic fullbacks may drive his game to new heights, it could also deliver the same gut-wrenching low he experienced earlier this season.

The New Zealand Test star is back in his favourite custodian role for Friday night’s Suncorp Stadium clash with Parramatta.
But he spent the first 18 rounds at wing or centre after Eels-bound Corey Norman was preferred at the back pre-season.
Hoffman may again play second fiddle if, as expected, the Bulldogs and Raiders ultimately let the talented Queensland duo return to Brisbane for personal reasons in 2014.

"I’d be a bit disappointed, but I was disappointed this year when Corey got the fullback spot," he said.

"It would leave me in the same position as the start of the year. But I’m trying not to think too far ahead.

"It just shows that you have to take your chances with two hands. We’ll see what happens in the years to come.

"Hopefully I can finish my season off consistently and come pre-season I’ll let my actions do the talking and we’ll get to see who wears that jersey.

"If they do come and get that No.1 jersey I’ll have to do the same thing I did this year and put my head down and get the work done.

"When great players like those two challenge for your spot it makes you hungry to want to keep the jersey."

Would be disappointed if we lost Josh to be honest.

That is true Coxy- some of these players have delusions of grandeur and appear to have inflated opinions of what it is they can do.
Hoffman is a solid player and highly regarded but in terms of match winning ability or any great unpredictable X factor, the cupboard is pretty empty.

We need to get some of our old wingers in to talk him through it. Hoffy's best position seems to be wing, his finishing is phenomenal. But we need to get him convinced that it's not a step down/2nd rate position compared to fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Yellowfella
  • Reds2011
  • Gaz
  • NSW stables
  • The Strapper
  • Skyblues87
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Tristan1990
  • marw
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.