[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true Coxy- some of these players have delusions of grandeur and appear to have inflated opinions of what it is they can do.
Hoffman is a solid player and highly regarded but in terms of match winning ability or any great unpredictable X factor, the cupboard is pretty empty.

Good post .....when Hoffman starts whining like this, he shits me. I'm getting the same feeling I had towards him now as last year when he admitted that his "heart" wasn't quite in it.

I think he needs to harden the **** up and realise that he still has a vital part to play in the side......albeit, not at fullback.

Hoffy in 2011 was unstoppable.

2012 Hoffy was a bit of a dud by his own admission, albeit after suffering a few concussions.

2013 Hoffy was duped, probably like Norman, by the Prince off-season buy. Again, Norman probably was the better option at the start of 2013 at fullback.

I hope Hoffy realises the Broncos aren't actively pursuing/on the market for a fullback. Barba is too good of an opportunity to turn down (if it eventuated) and Milford is probably in the Broncos sights as a half.

I know he wants to play fullback, but as whole hearted as he is, his attacking game isn't good enough.

Every winger is a wannabe fullback.

Wingers - get the ball when it's given to them.

Fullbacks - inject whenever you want.

Big difference.

Hoffman is a winger or a centre at best. As one of his biggest critics at the end of 2012, I've been impressed at how he has put 2012 behind him and is playing out of his skin every week. He just doesn't have the playmaking ability from the back that the better fullbacks have. Fantastic runner of the ball tho. I hate it when these guys get shitty when they don't play the glamour positions.

I think Hoffman needs to broaden his view. The latest injury to Hodges means there's a position in the centres up for grabs next year. He could have great impact there with his hard, straight running, especially if he gets the opportunity to work off Barba at fullback.

Sure, he could go to another club and play fullback, but I think his career might be better served staying and fighting for a centre spot.

Hoffman is a winger or a centre at best. As one of his biggest critics at the end of 2012, I've been impressed at how he has put 2012 behind him and is playing out of his skin every week. He just doesn't have the playmaking ability from the back that the better fullbacks have. Fantastic runner of the ball tho. I hate it when these guys get shitty when they don't play the glamour positions.

I like the parts where he says hes gonna challenge for spots, it will be good to see competition. But if he leaves because of it I'll shake my head. Do you want to continue to play fullback at a struggling club thats not gonna win shit if we dont do anything about it, or do you want to make way for superstars of the game and possibly win a premiership.

I think Hoffman needs to broaden his view. The latest injury to Hodges means there's a position in the centres up for grabs next year. He could have great impact there with his hard, straight running, especially if he gets the opportunity to work off Barba at fullback.

Sure, he could go to another club and play fullback, but I think his career might be better served staying and fighting for a centre spot.
The only other club he could play fullback at is the West Tigers. All of the other fullback in the competition are better than Hoffman IMO

The only other club he could play fullback at is the West Tigers. All of the other fullback in the competition are better than Hoffman IMO
Rubbish. Hoffman isn't a bottom 3 fullback, his defensive fullback game is up there with the best and his attack while lacking... Well he hasn't really been given a chance has he? Since he switched to fullback Hodges took over the attacking role, lets see how he goes for the rest of the season.

I have no doubt the Bulldogs would release Barba if we gave them Hoffman, he is a highly rated player in league circles. Don't get me wrong I think his attack is lacking but he's certainly not the 2nd worst fullback in the game, no way, he's just not what we need in our team at fullback.

Last edited:
1. Barba
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Could be such a dangerous backline, and simply enough replace Copley with Hodges when he's ready to play.

(The reason I put Kahu outside Reed instead of Hoffman is because our right hand side attack would be pretty weak with Kahu / Copley, thought it would even out our attack)

Last edited:
Rubbish. Hoffman isn't a bottom 3 fullback, his defensive fullback game is up there with the best and his attack while lacking... Well he hasn't really been given a chance has he? Since he switched to fullback Hodges took over the attacking role, lets see how he goes for the rest of the season.

I have no doubt the Bulldogs would release Barba if we gave them Hoffman, he is a highly rated player in league circles. Don't get me wrong I think his attack is lacking but he's certainly not the 2nd worst fullback in the game, no way, he's just not what we need in our team at fullback.

3rd worst...maybe 4th?

Eels - Hayne
Cowboys - Bowen
Warriors - Locke / The Fish
Manly - Stewart
Ntle - Boyd
Titans - Zillman
Sharks - Gordon
Souths - Inglis
Tigers - Tedesco
Panthers - Moylan
Raiders - Milford / Robinson
Dragons - Dugan
Storm - Slater
Roosters - Minichello
Bulldogs - Barba

1. Barba
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Could be such a dangerous backline, and simply enough replace Copley with Hodges when he's ready to play.

(The reason I put Kahu outside Reed instead of Hoffman is because our right hand side attack would be pretty weak with Kahu / Copley, thought it would even out our attack)

Really hope Copley can stay fit next year and give the position a real crack. I have to say I'm a bit worried his confidence will be down again and it could take time to settle in .

He only just started turning things around in 2012.....

Did you guys read the quotes from Josh?

"I’d be a bit disappointed, but I was disappointed this year when Corey got the fullback spot," he said.

"It would leave me in the same position as the start of the year. But I’m trying not to think too far ahead.

"It just shows that you have to take your chances with two hands. We’ll see what happens in the years to come.

"Hopefully I can finish my season off consistently and come pre-season I’ll let my actions do the talking and we’ll get to see who wears that jersey.

"If they do come and get that No.1 jersey I’ll have to do the same thing I did this year and put my head down and get the work done.

"When great players like those two challenge for your spot it makes you hungry to want to keep the jersey."

He's saying he'd be disappointed, but he'd put his head down and do the work required of him for the team and try his hardest to get his spot back by showing good form.

Hardly the ramblings of a spoilt brat.

I wish him all the best. He's been one of our best this year.

I really think the hopes being placed on Copley are an indication of how bad things really are

For mine, he is the solid enough bloke you pop in there to fill in for your injured player

He isn't the guy you wait excitedly for to return from injury .............

Milford was a centre for a big part of his 20's career.. His father may solve more issues than you realise??

I really think the hopes being placed on Copley are an indication of how bad things really are

For mine, he is the solid enough bloke you pop in there to fill in for your injured player

He isn't the guy you wait excitedly for to return from injury .............
You are probably right John but to his credit in the 20's he was just about our leading try scorer from the centres because even though he is not a flashy player he knows how to get to the tryline

Milford was a centre for a big part of his 20's career.. His father may solve more issues than you realise??

Wouldn't waste him there, he's got no other spot on a field apart from Fullback or in the Halves.

If Hoff wants to be a permanent fullback than maybe he should learn how to actually play the position. He would have been a great fullback 5-10 years ago but the role has changed and he isn't up to standards. He shouldn't be disappointed that a better fullback may take his job, he should work on being good enough to keep it. That's the way the world works.

or he could just shut up and be a good winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • Lostboy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • The Strapper
  • Rambstien
  • Socnorb
  • bb_gun
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • upthebroncs
  • Spooky1013
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.