[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed John ......it's a selfish and immature view point from Hoffman.

i couldn't disagree with you more ... Hoffman being disappointed to lose his fullback spot and vowing to work hard to win it back is a brilliant attitude to have, whether he is successful or not.

i couldn't disagree with you more ... Hoffman being disappointed to lose his fullback spot and vowing to work hard to win it back is a brilliant attitude to have, whether he is successful or not.

There's a difference between saying "I'll work hard in the off-season to make sure I'm the #1 next year" and "I'll be disappointed if we sign anybody that can play Fullback"

Agreed John ......it's a selfish and immature view point from Hoffman.

But He didnt say that, not once was he quoted as saying that the journalist said: josh Hoffman says he will be 'disappointed' if the broncos sign Ben barba. The only quote from josh in the there is the word "disappointed that he stole from another quote. He has said he would be disappointed if he lost the fb spot, not if barba joined the club. Now we all know that barba is a better fullback than him but that doesn't mean he can't be disappointed that he's not good enough to keep his preferred spot.

The logic that you guys are allowing this idiot journo to get away with is the same as if I was having a conversation with Fourex about racism and you said "'man I hate racists, I can't understand why people can't hate someone solely based on their skin colour" and I went and posted a headline like: Fourex says, I "hate" black people.

Why is playing on the wing considered a "lower role" ........? They're not kids anymore like where the hopeless kid is stuck out on the wing. They're NRL footballers

A good winger is very very important .....

Pfft. Wingers.

There's a difference between saying "I'll work hard in the off-season to make sure I'm the #1 next year" and "I'll be disappointed if we sign anybody that can play Fullback"

show me a direct quote from Hoffman that says "i'll be disappointed if we sign Ben Barba" or "i'll be disappointed if we sign Anthony Milford" because i can't see one

I'd be more impressed with an "I'll play where ever the team needs me too" instead of whining about missing out on his favourite position followed up by his manager's veiled threats of possibly "having to" look at other options.

show me a direct quote from Hoffman that says "i'll be disappointed if we sign Ben Barba" or "i'll be disappointed if we sign Anthony Milford" because i can't see one

Regardless of whether he said it or not, it was implied, hence the article. The entire purpose of the article was to let people know he's not pleased about the Broncos looking to sign other players who will probably take his #1 jersey, the problem of a lack of Fullback wouldn't have even been discussed if Hoffman didn't play like absolute shit in 2012 and hadn't lost his jersey to Corey Normal in the first place.

He can't blame anyone but himself for losing the starting gig at Fullback, he was moved to the Wing based on form, he's played easily his best first grade football on the wing, he should be happy to stay there (If we sign Barba / Milford), no questions asked.

But he hasn't fucking said that, FFS

I give up you guys can think what you like. that the article reads to be is he made a simple comment (most likely due to question asked of him about potentially losing full back) and a journalist has spun it in to an article, making many fans thinking he has a shit attitude.

what i take away from the article is that his attitude will be something along the lines of "i'll be disappointed to lose the full back position ... but it means i'll have to work even harder to win it back" that is a great attitude to have .. and i get that from his quotes (it is said not implied)

I'd be more impressed with an "I'll play where ever the team needs me too" instead of whining about missing out on his favourite position followed up by his manager's veiled threats of possibly "having to" look at other options.

He didnt say that either. Seriously what the **** is going on? Everyone understands how a quote works right?

Regardless of whether he said it or not, it was implied, hence the article. The entire purpose of the article was to let people know he's not pleased about the Broncos looking to sign other players who will probably take his #1 jersey, the problem of a lack of Fullback wouldn't have even been discussed if Hoffman didn't play like absolute shit in 2012 and hadn't lost his jersey to Corey Normal in the first place.

He can't blame anyone but himself for losing the starting gig at Fullback, he was moved to the Wing based on form, he's played easily his best first grade football on the wing, he should be happy to stay there (If we sign Barba / Milford), no questions asked.

It was implied by the journo on a very fucking slow news day. Journos know that they aren't going to get any developments in the barba/Milford stories until after the season ends so the are trying to piece together bullshit and put sensational headlines, and most of you are giving them two thumbs up. Unfortunately the truth means little to the media and "josh Hoffman will be disappointed if he loses fb but vows to work hard in the three quarters to win it back" doesn't have the same impact as the other headline does it

Hoffman may again play second fiddle if, as expected, the Bulldogs and Raiders ultimately let the talented Queensland duo return to Brisbane for personal reasons in 2014.
"I’d be a bit disappointed, but I was disappointed this year when Corey got the fullback spot," he said.

So I read that as he would be disappointed if Barba comes to the club

But you could read it as he would be disappointed to lose the fullback spot which he knows will happen if Barba comes, so therefore back to the same place of him being disappointed if Barba comes up

But I can see this is interpretive to some extent

Having Barba at the club is good for the club

All of this discussion could be avoided had Hoffy said something like "I'd love to have a talent like Barba at the club - I am happy to fit in wherever the team needs me"

The kind of comment one would expect if Hoff was thinking about the team and not himself

Now, all of this could be just a media beat up anyway, and truly I hope it is

I give up you guys can think what you like. that the article reads to be is he made a simple comment (most likely due to question asked of him about potentially losing full back) and a journalist has spun it in to an article, making many fans thinking he has a shit attitude.

what i take away from the article is that his attitude will be something along the lines of "i'll be disappointed to lose the full back position ... but it means i'll have to work even harder to win it back" that is a great attitude to have .. and i get that from his quotes (it is said not implied)

I completely agree foordy, but we are the only ones mate lol

Agendas tend to outweigh facts B4L.. No point trying to be logical, you'll give yourself a headache.

I have mate, and I will try to remember that next time :)

there is an article in RLW today about the Hoff ... where is manager says the are committed to the Broncos for the rest of his contract (end of 2015) and if circumstances change they will look at all their options ... but all managers say that all the time ... even Lockys manager said similar things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Ondi
  • Tristan1990
  • Dexter
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mrtij
  • Howie
  • ozzball
  • The Strapper
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • azza.79
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.