[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you're being serious or not

"REBORN No.1 Josh Hoffman has revealed he'd be "disappointed" if the Broncos sign Ben Barba or Anthony Milford, and admitted any deal could shatter his dream of being a one-club man."

If he answered it my way, there would be absolutely no way for the journo to incorporate the names of Barba or Milford into the title, Josh made the mistake of responding to the question about what his reaction would be to signing another fullback with the word "Disappointed", it should've been, "They're great players, we'd be lucky to have them"

It's not exactly a massive deal, I'm just explaining what I'm sure people have explained to footballers before about how to answer certain questions, it's not really that hard.

The journo can do and did do anything he wants, that's the reason the only quote he used in the title was "disappointed".

Seriously though I give up, you're right, I'm wrong and Hoffman is a selfish bastard lets all move on

The journo can do and did do anything he wants, that's the reason the only quote he used in the title was "disappointed".

Seriously though I give up, you're right, I'm wrong and Hoffman is a selfish bastard lets all move on

Incorrect, the Journo cannot do anything he wants, if he uses fake quotes, he can be sued.

But as I said, I don't even care, he could come out and say he's the best fullback in the world and deserves it more than anyone, that's his prerogative. Also, I didn't say he was a selfish bastard, I'm just saying, he certainly could've handled the situation better.

Incorrect, the Journo cannot do anything he wants, if he uses fake quotes, he can be sued.

But as I said, I don't even care, he could come out and say he's the best fullback in the world and deserves it more than anyone, that's his prerogative. Also, I didn't say he was a selfish bastard, I'm just saying, he certainly could've handled the situation better.

The only word he quoted was "disappointed" and the journo had already mentioned barba/milford. so your example would change nothing. Essentially the title would just change to: After regaining the fullback position from corey norman, Josh Hoffman has revealed he would be "disappointed" if the broncos sign Barba or Milford.

The only word he quoted was "disappointed" and the journo had already mentioned barba/milford. so your example would change nothing. Essentially the title would just change to: After regaining the fullback position from corey norman, Josh Hoffman has revealed he would be "disappointed" if the broncos sign Barba or Milford.

I guess you didn't read my comment thoroughly, I said he made the mistake of answering the question "What would your reaction be to the club signing another fullback (Milford or Barba)?" with the answer "Disappointed", I would've recommended him saying something along the lines of "They're both great players, it will be a good competition for the starting Fullback role next season"

Thereby removing the word disappointed from the equation, forcing the journalist to use a completely new title, one that doesn't make him sound ungrateful.

I guess you didn't read my comment thoroughly, I said he made the mistake of answering the question "What would your reaction be to the club signing another fullback (Milford or Barba)?" with the answer "Disappointed", I would've recommended him saying something along the lines of "They're both great players, it will be a good competition for the starting Fullback role next season"

Thereby removing the word disappointed from the equation, forcing the journalist to use a completely new title, one that doesn't make him sound ungrateful.

Fine whatever

meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

What a silly argument.

I like football (and beer).

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

RAIDERS V BULLDOGS
A significant blow for the Raiders with captain Terry Campese ruled out with an eye injury. Coach Dave Furner will make a decision on either Sam Williams or Anthony Milford replacing Campese after Friday's final session.

The Dogs are starting to look depleted without Ben Barba, Sam Kasiano and Greg Eastwood out injured.
UPDATE: Sam Williams has gotten the nod to replace Terry Campese in the halves.

That's gonna hurt. But, probably more to do with the fact that Milford is better for them at Fullback and their other Fullback choices are light on.

That's gonna hurt. But, probably more to do with the fact that Milford is better for them at Fullback and their other Fullback choices are light on.
More to do with if had a halves combo of McCrone and Milford it would mean neither half has a passing or kicking game or good at organising, supposedly they were looking at Cornish but NRL wouldn't allow it due to the cap. Reece is a more than capable fullback just a halves combo of McCrone/Milford would suck.

If it was McCrone injured instead of Campo then we might've seen Milford in the halves.

Last edited:
I see Josh Massoud Is reporting Canberra threatened with legal action if Milford is not released. He also says Barba will play fullback and Milford earmarked as 5/8 at Broncos next season

I see Josh Massoud Is reporting Canberra threatened with legal action if Milford is not released. He also says Barba will play fullback and Milford earmarked as 5/8 at Broncos next season

That has me a little worried, especially if Hunt has any more games like last night's. You wouldn't call Milford or Barba even close to organisers. But I guess we'll probably have Prince and that new guy as back-ups just in case.

Also I know players are allowed to have poor games, but some of them keep trying even when it's not working, while the confidence players tend to go missing. The latter is what I'm worried about.

Last edited:
That has me a little worried, especially if Hunt has any more games like last night's. You wouldn't call Milford or Barba even close to organisers. But I guess we'll probably have Prince and that new guy as back-ups just in case.

Also I know players are allowed to have poor games, but some of them keep trying even when it's not working, while the confidence players tend to go missing. The latter is what I'm worried about.
That happened to Milford in the u20s grand final last year unfortunately nowhere to be seen, mind you that was also 90% of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • Bish
  • BrentTatesChin
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Ondi
  • Lurker
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.