[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't. It says exactly what it reads. You mean to say at work if the hot shot from the Sydney office came up and was put into your role, but you were moved to a lower role on the same money, you wouldn't be disappointed?

If not, you're in the wrong job.

Not the same thing Nashy,

League is a team sport and the folks privelegd enough to earn a lot of money playing the sport they love need to put the teams needs ahead of their own

If I was a Broncos player I'd be stoked if Barba comes - it gives me a better chance of a premiership - as long as I m part of the team somewhere I'm sweet

Comparing my job with this isn't really the same

I work for a corporation, not a team

And we are not trying to win a premiership either ;)

Not the same thing Nashy,

League is a team sport and the folks privelegd enough to earn a lot of money playing the sport they love need to put the teams needs ahead of their own

If I was a Broncos player I'd be stoked if Barba comes - it gives me a better chance of a premiership - as long as I m part of the team somewhere I'm sweet

Comparing my job with this isn't really the same

I work for a corporation, not a team

And we are not trying to win a premiership either ;)

John, please read the article he never said he doesn't want barba to come, in fact there is another article saying that he wants barba to come. The only quotes Hoffman has made is that he would be disappointed to lose the fb spot but it would just make him
Work harder.

Soo how about Milford? Any more news Coxy, 1910?

It was implied by the journo on a very fucking slow news day. Journos know that they aren't going to get any developments in the barba/Milford stories until after the season ends so the are trying to piece together bullshit and put sensational headlines, and most of you are giving them two thumbs up. Unfortunately the truth means little to the media and "josh Hoffman will be disappointed if he loses fb but vows to work hard in the three quarters to win it back" doesn't have the same impact as the other headline does it

Why are your jimmies so rustled? Settle the **** down. The moral of the story is, Josh Hoffman was our fullback, then he played shit, then he wasn't our fullback, I'm disappointed that he says he'll be disappointed to lose it again, it's his fault he lost it in the first place, he should have said "I was disappointed in my form which ended up costing me the jersey at the start of this season, I'll try my hardest to make sure it doesn't happen again"

Josh Hoffman:

"I’d be a bit disappointed, but I was disappointed this year when Corey got the fullback spot," he said.

"It would leave me in the same position as the start of the year. But I’m trying not to think too far ahead.

"It just shows that you have to take your chances with two hands. We’ll see what happens in the years to come.

"Hopefully I can finish my season off consistently and come pre-season I’ll let my actions do the talking and we’ll get to see who wears that jersey.

"If they do come and get that No.1 jersey I’ll have to do the same thing I did this year and put my head down and get the work done.

"When great players like those two challenge for your spot it makes you hungry to want to keep the jersey."

I give up you guys can think what you like. that the article reads to be is he made a simple comment (most likely due to question asked of him about potentially losing full back) and a journalist has spun it in to an article, making many fans thinking he has a **** attitude.

what i take away from the article is that his attitude will be something along the lines of "i'll be disappointed to lose the full back position ... but it means i'll have to work even harder to win it back" that is a great attitude to have .. and i get that from his quotes (it is said not implied)

Agreed too much is being made of this, one thing about Hoffman is though he was disappointed he was put onto the wing he didn't sit around pouting feeling sorry for himself like a spoilt brat, instead he dealt with it and IMO his back to the form of his heights(minus Lockyer), his earnt going back to fullback and I think his entitled to feel disappointed if Barba or another fullback came in, doesn't mean he won't put in for the side because of it nor does it mean his not entitled to look at his options down the track if he wants to play fullback longtime.

The disappointment is an understandable reaction. It's the way he has reacted to the disappointment which in telling.i think he has reacted selflessly.

Why are your jimmies so rustled? Settle the **** down. The moral of the story is, Josh Hoffman was our fullback, then he played shit, then he wasn't our fullback, I'm disappointed that he says he'll be disappointed to lose it again, it's his fault he lost it in the first place, he should have said "I was disappointed in my form which ended up costing me the jersey at the start of this season, I'll try my hardest to make sure it doesn't happen again"

But that's what he has said. You have just prove my point

But that's what he has said. You have just prove my point

No he didn't, he said "I'd be disappointed if Milford/Barba got the Fullback spot, like I was disappointed that Norman got the Fullback spot this season"

It should be reading "Corey got the job this year because of my poor form last year, it was disappointing, but he deserved it more than I did, I'll work as hard as I can in the off-season to increase my chances of being the starting fullback next season"

There's a large difference in the way it comes off, example; there's no way the title of the article could've been the same as it was if Josh chose his words more wisely.

storm-in-a-teacup.jpeg

That image is fake Jarro65, there's no way there's a teacup that big in the world.

Hasn't anyone learnt how to "read journo"?

Interviewee says: "While tackling Gallen, my middle finger was bent backwards and hyper-extended, may need a few weeks to heal."

Journo's title: "Player sub-luxates elbow while giving bird to Paul Gallen"

Then the article will proceed with wild assumptions from said journo, despite quotes not being even close to those article assumptions.

John, please read the article he never said he doesn't want barba to come, in fact there is another article saying that he wants barba to come. The only quotes Hoffman has made is that he would be disappointed to lose the fb spot but it would just make him
Work harder.

Fair enough B4L,

But the article WANTS us to think he said it

Let's face it, the article talks about the possibility of Barba coming and then follows with a Hoff quote about being disappointed

We shouldn't have to do detective work to get to the truth; the article makes it sound like Hoff would be disappointed to have a superstar at the club coz it might cost him his fave spot

If the media is saying/implying something here that Hoff hasn't said he should be very dirty on them

And I do agree, this is a definite possibility

No he didn't, he said "I'd be disappointed if Milford/Barba got the Fullback spot, like I was disappointed that Norman got the Fullback spot this season"

It should be reading "Corey got the job this year because of my poor form last year, it was disappointing, but he deserved it more than I did, I'll work as hard as I can in the off-season to increase my chances of being the starting fullback next season"

There's a large difference in the way it comes off, example; there's no way the title of the article could've been the same as it was if Josh chose his words more wisely.

Yeah no one would say that.

Also, how would it change the title? The only quote the journo used was "disappointed" so he would of had the exact same title if Hoffman used your speech

Last edited:
Fair enough B4L,

But the article WANTS us to think he said it

Let's face it, the article talks about the possibility of Barba coming and then follows with a Hoff quote about being disappointed

We shouldn't have to do detective work to get to the truth; the article makes it sound like Hoff would be disappointed to have a superstar at the club coz it might cost him his fave spot

If the media is saying/implying something here that Hoff hasn't said he should be very dirty on them

And I do agree, this is a definite possibility

I completely agree John that we shouldn't have to do detective work with journos, it's just the sad case that that is the way it is these days

Yeah no one would say that.

Also, how would it change the title? The only quote the journo used was "disappointed" so he would of had the exact same title if Hoffman used your speech

Not sure if you're being serious or not

"REBORN No.1 Josh Hoffman has revealed he'd be "disappointed" if the Broncos sign Ben Barba or Anthony Milford, and admitted any deal could shatter his dream of being a one-club man."

If he answered it my way, there would be absolutely no way for the journo to incorporate the names of Barba or Milford into the title, Josh made the mistake of responding to the question about what his reaction would be to signing another fullback with the word "Disappointed", it should've been, "They're great players, we'd be lucky to have them"

It's not exactly a massive deal, I'm just explaining what I'm sure people have explained to footballers before about how to answer certain questions, it's not really that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.