[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hoff wants to be a permanent fullback than maybe he should learn how to actually play the position. He would have been a great fullback 5-10 years ago but the role has changed and he isn't up to standards. He shouldn't be disappointed that a better fullback may take his job, he should work on being good enough to keep it. That's the way the world works.

or he could just shut up and be a good winger.

So harsh when you clearly didn't read any of the article past the headline.

Hoffman says himself that he'll need to work hard to keep his spot, but if he doesn't keep it, then he'll have to just put his head down and play his best footy.

Hoffman says himself that he'll need to work hard to keep his spot, but if he doesn't keep it, then he'll have to just put his head down and play his best footy.

I really wish people would read the article past the headline...

I really wish people would read the article past the headline...

It obviously has the desired effect though... Headline could be soemthing like;

"Lockyer says he would come back to Brisbane, if the money is right"

Actual quote from Lockyer would be something like, "I've retired from the game now. I'm enjoying time with my family and my media career."

I did read it, and I actually think I was being too fair. He's a great player but he doesn't have the necessary skills to be a modern fullback. He definitely shouldn't be publicly stating that he doesn't want to see the two stars our club is chasing signed.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear that the best thing for the team would be to have Barba at FB with the Hoff on the wing

For Hoff to say he would be disappointed if we got Barba clearly says he is thinking about himself and not the team

I did read it, and I actually think I was being too fair. He's a great player but he doesn't have the necessary skills to be a modern fullback. He definitely shouldn't be publicly stating that he doesn't want to see the two stars our club is chasing signed.

Where does he say he doesn't want us to chade Milford or Barba. The only way quote from him is that he would be disappointed to lose the full back spot

It's pretty clear that the best thing for the team would be to have Barba at FB with the Hoff on the wing

For Hoff to say he would be disappointed if we got Barba clearly says he is thinking about himself and not the team

No it doesn't. It says exactly what it reads. You mean to say at work if the hot shot from the Sydney office came up and was put into your role, but you were moved to a lower role on the same money, you wouldn't be disappointed?

If not, you're in the wrong job.

He's saying he will be disappointed if he loses fb again, which I'm sure he will be, doesn't make him a bad guy

No it doesn't. It says exactly what it reads. You mean to say at work if the hot shot from the Sydney office came up and was put into your role, but you were moved to a lower role on the same money, you wouldn't be disappointed?

If the hot shot is better than me at that role, I'd take it on the chin, and try to excel in the role I'm good at!

Izzy made a name for himself as a winger, Inglis made a name for himself as a centre........your move Hoffy. Both can be glamour positions, especially centre. Not to mention you can still inject yourself into the game as a 3 or 4.

Why can't we just read the quotes and not the bullshit the journo is making up. Not one of his quotes has suggested he doesn't want barba at the club or that he would look elsewhere, the journalist has simply said that. Why do we believe lying pricks in the media all the time?

The quotes hoffy has said are that he would be disappointed to lose the fb, that top talent coming to the club makes you hungry and try harder and that if he loses his spot he will just have to work harder... Seems like a great attitude to me

Why is playing on the wing considered a "lower role" ........? They're not kids anymore like where the hopeless kid is stuck out on the wing. They're NRL footballers

A good winger is very very important .....

Agreed John ......it's a selfish and immature view point from Hoffman.

Would be dissapointed if we lost Josh, he has been one of our best players this year and even if Barba and Milford both came Josh would still be in the team and he would be in his favoured spot on the wing.

Won't be dissapointed if he lost his fullback spot to Barba or Milford though.

Would be dissapointed if we lost Josh, he has been one of our best players this year and even if Barba and Milford both came Josh would still be in the team and he would be in his favoured spot on the wing.

psst ....Bman, it's NOT his favoured spot.

Fullback is.

Hence the discussion .....

I've said it before, but i'll say it again ... nowhere in the article is there a quote from Josh Hoffman saying he would be disappointed if we were to sign Barba and Milford. all he says is he would be disappointed to lose the full back position, but he would work hard to win it back.

his manager doesn't rule out leaving after his contract ends in two years, but no player manager has ever ruled out a player signing elsewhere. who knows what will happen in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • Rambstien
  • Socnorb
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • bb_gun
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Lostboy
  • upthebroncs
  • Spooky1013
  • leish107
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Tristan1990
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky24
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.