[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has me a little worried, especially if Hunt has any more games like last night's. You wouldn't call Milford or Barba even close to organisers. But I guess we'll probably have Prince and that new guy as back-ups just in case.

Also I know players are allowed to have poor games, but some of them keep trying even when it's not working, while the confidence players tend to go missing. The latter is what I'm worried about.

Don't be worried. Milford and Hunt aren't the finished article. They will continue to improve and develop as footballers. Macca will need to stand up.

More to do with if had a halves combo of McCrone and Milford it would mean neither half has a passing or kicking game or good at organising, supposedly they were looking at Cornish but NRL wouldn't allow it due to the cap. Reece is a more than capable fullback just a halves combo of McCrone/Milford would suck.

If it was McCrone injured instead of Campo then we might've seen Milford in the halves.

McCrone's a shunt.

You won't find many that disagree, hopefully next year Cornish is our starting 7.

Milford showing today he's no ball player

Last edited:
Reported that Ayoub has told News Ltd Milford will sit out 2014 if he has to. League Unlimited just tweeted it.

Reported that Ayoub has told News Ltd Milford will sit out 2014 if he has to. League Unlimited just tweeted it.
ANTHONY Milford’s manager says the Canberra sensation is prepared to emulate Gorden Tallis and sit out a full season if Raiders hierarchy try to block his return home.

And Milford, speaking for the first time since asking for a release, appealed for Canberra boss Don Furner to “understand my feelings” as the teenager seeks a return to his sick father in Brisbane.

That scenario would put the Broncos in the box seat to snare the hottest emerging talent in the NRL.

But the Milford saga is turning messy, with the Rugby League Players’ Association watching events closely after receiving correspondence following the rookie’s request for a release a fortnight ago.

Raiders boss Don Furner is playing hardball with Milford, insisting the club won’t be mutually agreeing to a release by invoking a welfare clause relating to family illness.

But Milford’s agent Sam Ayoub says the Raiders are powerless to stop the 19-year-old, who faces playing for affiliate club Souths Logan in the Queensland Cup if he returns home next season.

Former Queensland and Australia captain Gorden Tallis famously sat out the 1996 season when St George refused to rescind the final year of his contract for him to join the Broncos.

Sitting out the 2014 campaign is a last-resort option for Milford, but a course of action Ayoub says the boom rookie will take if the Raiders won’t sign off on a release.

“I’m sick to death of Canberra trying to bully and intimidate Anthony,” Ayoub said.

“It’s ridiculous. Canberra really have no leg to stand on, it’s a bit of grandstanding.

Anthony Milford prepared to boycott Canberra Raiders season | News.com.au

Least he's now admitted the truth that his family can't see themselves moving to Canberra rather than not being able to due to his dads health

this is going to get really messy ... and if the Raiders refuse to honour the get out clause, then i can see it ending up in the courts .... even if he has to play the 2014 season in the QLD Cup. but from that article i feel confident in saying that he will NOT be wearing a Raiders jersey in 2014. whether he will able to wear a Broncos one is yet to be determined.

I don't understand the making someone sit out move. All you are doing is ensuring they never want to come back and I'd imagine still playing them their salary.

Salary is no issue as he'd still be on the u20s contract so wouldn't count towards the cap.

With this latest threat of sitting the year out I think Ayoub has realised the clause isn't as water tight as he thought.

IMO, the Raiders should be doing what the Bulldogs are doing and seek compensation .... even the biggest idiot in the world knows that Milford WILL NOT be at the Raiders in 2015 and will definitely not extend his contract. So, instead of trying to force him to stay in Canberra so they can further develop him for the Broncos, they should be smart and try and get something out of the deal.

if it does end up in court, they'll get nothing from the Broncos and there is a chance (how goood, i can't know without actually seeing the contract) that the courts will rule in Milfords favour and allow him to play for the Broncos.

Yeah, like Furner would ever want the fallback of keeping one of the brightest prospects of the NRL out of the game, because he wants to be with his sick father. That is beyond pettiness and would scare many other players from ever wanting to join the club, not to speak of sponsors baulking at being associated with a club like that.

Pity that if Anthony is prepared to make that decision, all the Broncos/News conspiracy theories will make the guys at the GH look like idiots. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
I reckon now that real feelings are being laid out the Raiders will end up releasing him. There is no value in them preventing him from playing next year . Especially in the court of public opinion. The grown up position now would be to let him go now that there is no chance to convince him otherwise .

Making him sit out would be a massive dick move on the part of Canberra. At the very least make an agreement with the Broncs that he can't play in a Broncos squad against Canberra specifically for next season only. He misses what, a maximum possibility of 3 games depending on how the fixtures end up.

Yeah, he won't be here next year for sure.

Furner is such a dick though. Yeah yeah mate we get the raiders are probably gonna be in the finals, how many ****ing times can you say it

Off topic but how hilarious is it that Don Furner took a swipe at the Broncos by saying that because the Bronc's weren't in finals contention they had plenty of time to cherry pick rosters, while the Raiders were "concentrating" on finals footy.

We are now only one point behind and have a better chance of playing in the finals then the Failders.

I'd happily pay Canberra a transfer fee, we've got enough money. Stop being a bitch Furner.

You won't find many that disagree, hopefully next year Cornish is our starting 7.

Milford showing today he's no ball player
More likely the situation he is in is starting to wear him down. You guys need to drop him now because his mind is in other places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BrentTatesChin
  • Xzei
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • Dexter
  • Big Del
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Ondi
  • Lurker
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.