[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a guy who likes a bit of pork on his fork.
maybe he enjoys spooning and got a bit mixed up. This guy spooning his girl with his interesting insertion while listening to Mack the Knife would be the perfect dinner date.

On the other hand, as Ambrose Bierce wrote: "Fork: An instrument used chiefly for the purpose of putting dead animals into the mouth."

Now that's cold comfort for dessert

@BuzzRothfield: BREAKING: Dave Furner sacked by Canberra Raiders

Didn't someone have a "if Furner goes, I go" clause. Ferguson?

If this is true the Raiders must have activated the clause that suits them, interesting.

Woah! Holy **** I did not see that coming. What's happened does anyone know?

Kevin Walters is the hot tip to coach the Raiders. Probably BS because he played there for a few seasons.

Kevin Walters is the hot tip to coach the Raiders. Probably BS because he played there for a few seasons.

isn't he leaving the Storm because he wants to move back to QLD to be with his family

Woah! Holy **** I did not see that coming. What's happened does anyone know?

Furner calls a meeting and asks the players to tell him what's wrong. No one speaks up. They go behind his back the next day to the board and ask for him to be sacked. :glare:

Relations between the coach and leading players at the club, including much of the senior leader group, have deteriorated in recent weeks, coming to a head following the Raiders disappointing loss to Canterbury on Saturday afternoon.

It is understood the players held a private meeting last night where it was decided they could no longer believe they can work with Furner.

It was the second gathering of players in days.
The first came following the Canterbury loss when Furner heard whispers there was dissatisfaction among the playing group.
He called a meeting and asked players to air their grievances but, despite concerns they could no longer work with the coach, no complaints.
Furner then organised a short stay away for the players and himself in a bid to rebuild relations.
Ironically, Furner is away with the players in Bateman’s Bay right now as the board meets over his future.
The crisis board meeting came after a second players meeting last night, involving nine senior players, was organised by the leader group.
It is understood they told the board today they are struggling to work with the coach, prompting the current meeting.
Canberra has never sacked a coach mid-contract.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Wonder what effect this will have on the Milford saga.

Edit; I think this may affect our chance of getting him drastically, the reason for his wanting to move back to Queensland may have been less about his sick father and more about not getting along with Furner... Guess we'll find out how legit his reasoning really is.

Last edited:
Blake Ferguson has a coach get out clause. Convenient.

Never thought the Raiders would ever win a premiership under Furner tbh they play like a tap each year, 1 year they are hot the next year their cold.

Never thought the Raiders would ever win a premiership under Furner tbh they play like a tap each year, 1 year they are hot the next year their cold.

How very wise of you, I heard Sterlo say the same thing on the way home tonight, 'bout an hour ago.

finals alternating with shit seasons.....

14 of 15
7 of 15
14 of 16
6 of 16
13 of 16
7 of 16
15 of 16
6 of 16

They are kinda in the same position as the Cowboys. Gun team, some of the best young players in the game, but can't do anything with it.

Well if Furner sacks means we miss out on Milford but get Ferguson, I'd be happy with that. Of course that's only if he's cleared of his charges, I can't see the club trying to sign him if he is actually convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • scobie
  • Muros
  • Splinter
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jazza
  • ettybay
  • Mick_Hancock
  • theshed
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • sooticus
  • Tmac
  • Gaz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • maddo
  • Tim K
  • mieko
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.