[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

I still think Barba and Milford are almost the same player, only Milford has even more potential. I don't really care which one of them plays in the halves if we sign Milford too, but I really don't see why people are blowing up about Barba playing there if they are suggesting Milford too.

Barba's front line defence for one ........Milford's is stronger.

Barba's front line defence for one ........Milford's is stronger.

On the other hand Milford is still new to FG. It could be too much pressure.

If we don't sign Milford or another half, who partner's Hunt if not Barba?

On the other hand Milford is still new to FG. It could be too much pressure.

If we don't sign Milford or another half, who partner's Hunt if not Barba?

I know this sounds illogical, but it's this exact query that makes me believe the Milford deal is done.

Why else would we sack 2 out of the 3 first grade halves ........?

I cannot understand how anyone would contemplate nobbling a game breaking, ball playing FB (which Hoffman is neither) by playing him in the halves.

I know this sounds illogical, but it's this exact query that makes me believe the Milford deal is done.

Why else would we sack 2 out of the 3 first grade halves ........?

They signed strasser and have a few u 20 half's but your right would be silly to not have a solid option there

I cannot understand how anyone would contemplate nobbling a game breaking, ball playing FB (which Hoffman is neither) by playing him in the halves.

Because our options in the halves are minimal. Lets hope we get Milford so we can keep Barba at fullback

yeah, plus Barba has about 10kg on Scott Prince and we had no qualms playing him in the front line.

At this point in their careers, Barba is a better player and offers more value to the team. He's better at setting up his outside man and has a more mature game.

Milford could be better than Barba, both are superb players but for 2014, if I had a choice between Milford or Barba, I'd take Barba. If we're speaking for 5 years+ I'd take Milford. Barba is better suited to our team than Milford IMO but now that we have Barba, Milford would be great because Barba and him would take the pressure off each others game just by being in the same team.

If Milford plays in the halves, he'll need a dominant first receiver there, someone like DCE. That way Milford could play a full-time second receiver/fullback/oldschool 5-8th in attack. Hunt is too timid and goes missing too often.

So please sign both Milford and DCE, thx.

If Milford plays in the halves, he'll need a dominant first receiver there, someone like DCE. That way Milford could play a full-time second receiver/fullback/oldschool 5-8th in attack. Hunt is too timid and goes missing too often.

So please sign both Milford and DCE, thx.

DCE is staying at Manly for at least two more years.

He just said as much on Sterlo.

DCE was never happening IMO. I'd love him more than anyone but he's not leaving Manly while under contract.

00051303-image.jpg

Wow...that says it all really. The kid is a genuine superstar. We better make sure we're ready to capitalise on it next year...

Didn't realise he had already played 95 games, good stuff.

He has a 75% try rate. That would have to be up there with the best.

edit: I just looked it up and in 2012:

1. Brett Stewert - 80%
2. Uate - 75%
3. Barba - 73%

I wouldn't be surprised if he has moved into second place this year.

(I didn't read it too carefully but I assume that this is for current players who have played over a certain amount of first grade games.)

Last edited:
he was top try scorer in 2011 and 2012, why is it that people seem to think he won't be able to reach those heights again... (i refer to The Kennel and BHQ poster Steve Renouf)

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • scobie
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Bongo
  • The Boss
  • Cavalo
  • Dreaglor
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bert_lifts
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.