[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Most of this article talks about how Barba would have followed his kids where ever the went, even if it meant quitting rugby league. but there was an interesting part that talks about his friendship with Hoffman and possible positions next year.

Barba hopes his move won't oust incumbent Brisbane fullback Josh Hoffman, who has questioned his future at the Broncos despite being contracted until 2015, as Barba is eyeing a return to the halves.
''I'm really close with Josh,'' Barba said. ''We grew up playing footy together. It would be really sad if I was to force him out, which I don't really want to do.''

I would have quit football for family: Barba

Yeah if barba goes 5/8 definitely no milford and probably no more singings for 2014

IMO, Barba to 5/8 and Hoffman to full back will only happen if we don't sign Milford ... and people have to remember there is still no guarantee that he will sign with us, if he even is able to get out of his Raiders contract.

We're still after Milford, if the Raiders don't release him for next year we can still sign him for 2015 after November since he's free to negotiate with anyone then.

Maybe Barba is just saying that shit so his old friend, and new team mates don't hate him for taking Hoff's job.

Though Lockyer's comments are concerning.

Last edited:
he's just disappointed, he's a big boy and will get on with it, he won't go early.

he has every right to be disappointed. Personally i know how he feels ATM, my boss has recently moved me away from a position that i wanted to a position that i don't (due to the needs of our company currently), and while i'm unhappy about the move, i'm just getting on with my job. Hoffy will just get on with his job as well IMO

Barba to 5/8? Well, I suppose Lockyer should never have played FB either

If we don't sign a half, we really have no choice but to play Barba in the halves.

Unless people want to see Hoffman or Gillett there.

Then milford to fullback Hoffman at the back will not win us a premiership , how many tries has he scored or set up from this position .

If we don't sign a half, we really have no choice but to play Barba in the halves.

Unless people want to see Hoffman or Gillett there.

As I have already said in this thread - you just don't sign one of the best fullbacks in the game, certainly best player in the game in 2012, and play him out of position.

The club is definitely after another half, and if we don't get one, I am hearing that Ash Taylor may just be chucked into the deep end, and why not? Would rather the kid learnt the hard way instead of wasting Barba at 6 and Hoffman at fullback.

As I have already said in this thread - you just don't sign one of the best fullbacks in the game, certainly best player in the game in 2012, and play him out of position.

The club is definitely after another half, and if we don't get one, I am hearing that Ash Taylor may just be chucked into the deep end, and why not? Would rather the kid learnt the hard way instead of wasting Barba at 6 and Hoffman at fullback.

Agreed. Barba at the back can make any 5/8 look good and give them confidence. Just give Barba early ball with some room to move in the backline and back him up when he invariably makes a break.

Unread

Active Now

• MaroubraBroncos
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Locky24
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.