[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

Hey I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist . But in terms of making a fresh start, for this to come out now is not such a bad thing for Ben or the Broncos. With 5 months till the new season it would not be a bad move to get this out in the open now . All up from here on in

Nope

Last edited by a moderator:

How do you pronounce your user name...?

It's unusual.

Sorry if this has been posted before - if it has I must have missed it.

[h=1]Paul Kent: Ben Barba issue hits at NRL integrity
[/h]
No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Last edited:

I don't know why, but I read this thread as Breaking Bad.

Just curious.

What are the NRL Integrity Unit's formal Terms of Reference? Their Policy and Procedures? I can't find them on the NRL website and others have asked similar questions sine it was formed as a result of ASADA sniffing around.

Does it guarantee procedural fairness? What are it's powers? Can it make judgements about guilt or innocence say before a relevant police investigation is concluded and court proceedings concluded?

Is it a law unto itself? To whom is it accountable?

Just curious.

What are the NRL Integrity Unit's formal Terms of Reference? Their Policy and Procedures? I can't find them on the NRL website and others have asked similar questions sine it was formed as a result of ASADA sniffing around.

Does it guarantee procedural fairness? What are it's powers? Can it make judgements about guilt or innocence say before a relevant police investigation is concluded and court proceedings concluded?

Steve Mascord made some very harsh, but true assessments of Todd Greenburg tonight.

Be interesting to see how the guy who covered up the alleged Barba incident in the first place leads the investigation as head of the NRL's "integrity unit".

Big Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Just curious.

Not sure on the details but they are not restrained by the law hence Ferguson being deregistered (not suspended) for 5 weeks despite not having been to court yet, he was basically done for being a serial douchebag. Players are basically employed by the NRL and as such they have the power to say who works for them so if they wanted Barba gone then they can for whatever reason (whether it would stand up to a legal challenge who knows)

Not sure on the details but they are not restrained by the law hence Ferguson being deregistered (not suspended) for 5 weeks despite not having been to court yet, he was basically done for being a serial douchebag. Players are basically employed by the NRL and as such they have the power to say who works for them so if they wanted Barba gone then they can for whatever reason (whether it would stand up to a legal challenge who knows)

Generally speaking, there is usually some form of appeals mechanism so to speak against a decision which one thinks is unjust, be it a court or administrative tribunal and so forth.

Irrespective of whether we think someone is a douchebag, they still have a right to procedural fairness, or natural justice as it is commonly called.

Also, out of interest, that photo in the Telegraph, of the woman with the bloodied lip ... is that supposed to be Barba's ex Ainslie Currie, or someone else?

That's the million dollar question. It's pretty obvious who it is but the media can't state it outright.

Interesting. My immediate, instinctive reaction on seeing that photo was that it wasn't Barba's ex. To me, and I do need to see my optometrist, it didn't look like her lips, or mouth

Steve Mascord made some very harsh, but true assessments of Todd Greenburg tonight.

Be interesting to see how the guy who covered up the alleged Barba incident in the first place leads the investigation as head of the NRL's "integrity unit".

I was listening to that too. Basically said that regardless of what the truth is, the fact that there were allegations of such behavior at the time and those allegations were not passes on to Police is damning. His phrasing was along the lines of that she had a vested interest in Barba not being sacked (both financial & family of course) and therefore the decision whether to press charges or not should have been taken out of her hands. And that the situation would be a common one in regards to domestic violence, which is why the power whether or not to investigate it does not lie solely with the victim. The fact that she said that she wouldn't pursue the matter after bulldogs officials had confirmed that doing so would result in him being sacked said as much.

He summarised by saying tha unless something else comes out, a missing piece of the puzzle where it made everything all make sense and vindicated the bulldog's actions, then Greenberg's position is untenable at the NRL.

That's the million dollar question. It's pretty obvious who it is but the media can't state it outright.

They kinda have... they've even labelled the photographs as such.

Active Now

• Dash
  • johnny plath
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • Locky24
  • Old Mate
  • Manlyman
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Emanon
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.