[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

Todd Greenburg walks into his office. "Greenburg". "yes Todd". "I want to have a word with you about this Barba incident". "That's great Todd, I've really been wanting to clear the air on this". "well Greenburg what have you got to say for yourself". "Well Todd, At no point did I put The NRL, The player or the club above my own self interest." "Just as I thought Greenburg, you are as good as everybody says, Oh, and also, your pay rise came through. Keep up the good work Greenburg." "thanks Todd" Investigation concluded.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't see Todd Greenberg keeping his job at the NRL

I honestly can't shake the feeling that the Dogs have done the right thing through all of this.

I honestly can't shake the feeling that the Dogs have done the right thing through all of this.

Raylene Castle has, Greenberg hasn't.

Greenberg should have told the NRL about the allegation. And tell them the woman then denied it.

At least it would have been on record.

This story is making the Dogs look like sooky la-la's. (not that I give a shit about the Dogs)

who raised the issue though? did the bulldogs only ask the nrl integrity unit to investigate because the pic made it to media? surely they wouldnt be stupid enough to bring this on themselves.

What exactly is/are the issue(s) here?

If it is an assault allegation, then clearly, the NRL's interest is entirely dependent on the outcomes of police and legal proceedings. The NRL is not a court of law.

There has been no police involvement at all ... so far. The only police involvement I can see as possible now is if someone reports to them an assault allegation and/or a failure to lodge a mandatory notification that a child was at risk.

I suppose that is possible, but on the facts as we know them, Barba's ex isn't seeking assault charges against Barba.

If the issues are gambling and/or booze, then AFAIK, the 'Dogs have done the right thing.

Please enlighten me

Last edited:

What exactly is/are the issue(s) here?

If it is an assault allegation, then clearly, the NRL's interest is entirely dependent on the outcomes of police and legal proceedings. The NRL is not a court of law.

Not really otherwise Ferguson wouldn't have been deregistered for 5weeks before his case even went to court, bringing the game into disrepute is enough.

Where they have gone wrong, IMO, is not informing the NRL. I'm sure I read somewhere that Greenburg had an appointment with the CEO around 2 weeks after the incident and didn't mention it. All he had to do is let them know that the allegation was made and that the victim has denied it. Their hands are then clean afaic.

Not really otherwise Ferguson wouldn't have been deregistered for 5weeks before his case even went to court, bringing the game into disrepute is enough.

Well, I cannot see how the NRL can de-register a contract on the basis of unproven allegations.

I thought he was de-registered for off field alcohol issues and not on the basis of a court finding over assault charges.

As far as I can see, this whole thing is a matter involving the Dogs and not Barba

Well, I cannot see how the NRL can de-register a contract on the basis of unproven allegations.

I thought he was de-registered for off field alcohol issues and not on the basis of a court finding over assault charges.

As far as I can see, this whole thing is a matter involving the Dogs and not Barba

I guess that's the point. For Barba & his family, the unfortunate thing is that this is getting dragged out in the media. But that's as far as it goes, as it seems to me that he's at least on his way to sorting his shit out and the allegations are going nowhere because everyone's denying everything.

However, like you said, it's turning in to a shitstorm for A) The Dogs because on the surface it appears that they've withheld valuable information, and B) The NRL, because they've gone and hired the greasy weasel who did the apparent covering up.

Yeah, between this and the drug scandal, it could be a long off season for the NRL.

That was their excuse just like when Brett Stewart was, but either way the point is they don't need a legal reason, bringing the game into disrepute is enough.

As I've said though I believe he's safe whether guilty or not unless the NRL has had enough of douchebags and wants to take a stand on their own evidence which I doubt they will

Double jeopardy? Barba got suspended and sidelined early this year as a result of this incident.

He was put into rehab and dealt with the issue privately. Arguably, this is the best for all involved.

Very very strange that this has come to light in the days after Barba signed with the Broncos.

And Currie's "friend" seems like a total ball bag for releasing the private text messages

That was their excuse just like when Brett Stewart was, but either way the point is they don't need a legal reason, bringing the game into disrepute is enough.

I think Stewart was suspended for 'drunkenness' at the Manly season launch rather than the alleged sexual assault. At least then the NRL tried to pretend that they were suspending him for something other than the alleged sexual assault.

i am confident this will all just fade away pretty quickly..

At the end of the day the nrl can investigate all they want but unless the woman involved decides she wants to press charges (which seems very unlikely unless it happens again) they can't do anything.

Andrew Webster can write as many unwelcome articles as he can in between eating pies but unless the woman says "Ben barba hit me" it means shit. All 'evidence' they have can be easily be reasoned away by her. If they say we've seen the text messages she can just say she was talking about another male and it is her right not to name him, or that she made it up because she was pissed at him etc etc

Unread

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Fitzy
  • Redfern_1980
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Totally Unr3al
  • davidp
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Sproj
  • Locky24
  • GCBRONCO
  • pennywisealfie
  • Lostboy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.