[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

Fact is that I have not seen anywhere, not even in the released txt messages by Ainslie's "supposed friend", anything indicating the injury was even the result of an assault. She has always denied it, and I haven't seen any mention of a punch outside the sensationalized media frenzy.

For all we know, it could be nothing more than an accident because Barba did something with his drunken face that resulted in her injury (not assault), and she went to the Bulldogs about his out of control behaviour...

Also not saying it doesn't qualify as DV, but it is totally different from other cases, like Bird or Lui.

The NRL also has nothing to substantiate a deregistration of Barba, but hear-say and a picture. You can't compare it to Ferguson, whom has actual charges brought up against him, not only for assault, but other offenses, like driving unlicensed.

Great minds think alike. Was thinking about this very same thing this morning, she's denying DV and has denied that Ben has assaulted her. I'm sure we've all had to wake up a mate who's passed out, only to have them jerk awake flailing their arms. It's not beyond reason that this is what could have happened. Hell, maybe it was a gobby gone wrong lol.

Only problem with that line of thinking is, if the explanation were that simple (ie: He was passed out, I woke him up and he struck me in the process by accident), why not just say it? Considering the allegations being thrown around, it's a fuckton better.

Good thing hear say isn't evidence lol.

Cant see him being charged unless someone changes their story ie the victim (if there is one)

Yeah, us blokes can be pretty useless at times, especially when we are young and don't quite know our own strength. I remember as an 18yo having a fairly full on sexy-time in bed with my then gf and at one point she smashed her head on the bedside table and ended up with a black eye. That night, we had to then go around for dinner with her grizzly old man and I was petrified that he would think that I hit her. Things can happen to the best of us.

Can't remember how I explained it away, but I certainly didn't tell the truth as that was just as bad as a DV case to a father. I do remember getting away with it ok though..

Going to emergency for sexual related mishaps is a touch embarrassing as well....

No I'm not talking about those "I fell over in the shower, that's how it got there" mishaps.

Yeah it looks that way for sure. The only concerning thing is what someone said earlier (maybe @subsbligh or one of the law blokes here) in regards to NSW law is a bit different to QLD law with DV. He said that police have the power to charge without a statement from the victim, if I'm paraphrasing correctly.

Hmm, relying on my memory ain't a good thing - I'll go back through and try and find the quote... I hope it's in this 15 page thread rather than the other Barba thread... :crying:

I admit I am not down with the law from every state so could easily be wrong, but I would be very very surprised if there was a law anyone (except maybe utah) that allowed charges to be laid without a statement from the victim in regards to domestic violence.

I mean how would that even work. The defence calls the only legitimate evidence here, the alleged victim.

"Did he hit you?"

"no"

"case dismissed"

I admit I am not down with the law from every state so could easily be wrong, but I would be very very surprised if there was a law anyone (except maybe utah) that allowed charges to be laid without a statement from the victim in regards to domestic violence.

I mean how would that even work. The defence calls the only legitimate evidence here, the alleged victim.

"Did he hit you?"

"no"

"case dismissed"

I think if there is evidence to lay charges, they do. So, busted lip, broken teeth, and the bloke has a cut hand etc. Or there are witnesses, she doesn't need to make a statement.

In this case, the police would be wasting their time, based on the information that is public.

I think if there is evidence to lay charges, they do. So, busted lip, broken teeth, and the bloke has a cut hand etc. Or there are witnesses, she doesn't need to make a statement.

In this case, the police would be wasting their time, based on the information that is public.

This is the point I was trying to make. Obviously if they have sufficient evidence they would press charges, but in this case they don't. All they have is a photo of a bloodied lip and some text messages that don't name the person or even that an assault took place.

A prosecutor would literally laugh in the cops face(s) if they tried to take this to court.

This is the point I was trying to make. Obviously if they have sufficient evidence they would press charges, but in this case they don't. All they have is a photo of a bloodied lip and some text messages that don't name the person or even that an assault took place.

A prosecutor would literally laugh in the cops face(s) if they tried to take this to court.

We don't know what other evidence the media haven't got their dirty little hands on. For all we know, there could be 5 witnesses.

We don't know what other evidence the media haven't got their dirty little hands on. For all we know, there could be 5 witnesses.

Very true... although it is unlikely for the media to hold back if they've got it

Surely the ARLC will not be able to allow Barba to play tomorrow night and in this years finals series, but then suspend him beginning next season

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data...lence_Code_of_Practice_-_Updated_April_13.pdf

How family violence is reported to police

Police may receive reports of domestic and family violence direct from the person in need of protection or a member

of their family, including children, from a friend, neighbour, or an anonymous person or from another agency.

The report may be made by contacting Triple Zero (000) or a Local Area Command or local police station directly.

Any report via this way will result in a local police response vehicle to attend the location and investigate the matter.

Reports can also be made in person at any police station. If Police or Triple Zero (000) are contacted police must
attend even if the caller later phones back to cancel the police requirement to attend.

Surely the ARLC will not be able to allow Barba to play tomorrow night and in this years finals series, but then suspend him beginning next season

I posted this on LU but it got deleted: how many games did Inglis miss during 09/10?

Which is strange given their policy on the GI situation is that it's fair game...

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data...lence_Code_of_Practice_-_Updated_April_13.pdf

How family violence is reported to police

Police may receive reports of domestic and family violence direct from the person in need of protection or a member

of their family, including children, from a friend, neighbour, or an anonymous person or from another agency.

The report may be made by contacting Triple Zero (000) or a Local Area Command or local police station directly.

Any report via this way will result in a local police response vehicle to attend the location and investigate the matter.

Reports can also be made in person at any police station. If Police or Triple Zero (000) are contacted police must
attend even if the caller later phones back to cancel the police requirement to attend.

If Ap gives evidence against Barba we ban him for life:witchhunt:

If Ap gives evidence against Barba we ban him for life:witchhunt:

:loool: :loool:

I want photos of his lower lip. Aaaarrrggghh. Did I just say that :scared:

Last edited:

Anyone could report a crime but without evidence I can't see it going far

Anyone could report a crime but without evidence I can't see it going far

The police investigation includes getting the evidence, of which there is a lot it would seem

The other questions of interest are what the police, and possibly the court if it got that far, would make of the delay and Currie's public denials

if it's someone else, that's no different if it happened in February and no one did anything about it, together with the other crap that has gone down with it, since February, until now.

Nevertheless, it can still happen as far as I recall my law, and if charges were laid, the scenario could get interesting.

Active Now

• Dreaglor
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • MTF75
  • Bongo
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • broncsfan88
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • The Strapper
  • The Don
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.