[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

A couple of things:
in the text conversation, when she is explaining what happened, they have got (in two places) "message removed". Does this mean the friend deleted the text or the journo has the text but didnt publish it.

Secondly, AVO and DV police applications have to be proved on balance of probabilities, not beyond reasonable doubt. They are not criminal charges. They don't really need evidence from the victim - but it sure would help.

Legally they may be able to force an AVO on someone but unless the person they want to protect wants the AVO is ridiculous.

So what, they tell him he has to remain x meters away at all times.

She wants to see him, the cops can't stop her.

Domestic violence where there is assault occasioning bodily harm is a crime under the law. The onus of proof is "beyond reasonable doubt. "

What happens if the victim does not want police to charge the offender?

Charges will be laid against offenders where evidence exists to support criminal charges - even if the victim is reluctant for charges to be pursued. The decision to prosecute belongs with the NSWPF in accordance with internal policies. Police are not permitted to encourage victims to request no further action or to sign a statement of
no complaint. The taking of a statement of no complaint in these circumstances does not preclude police from pursuing criminal charges.

on NRL 360 tonight Ikin kept talking about whether the Broncos would pull the contract to Barba due to these allegations.

he compares the situation to us pulling the contract offer to Dugan for his obscene tweet. what he doesn't mention is the fact that after all he did at the Raiders, we were still prepared to give him a chance (until he fucked up during negotiations.) the difference between the 2 is that the Barba allegations happened 7 months ago and he hasn't repeated his indiscretions since.

Paul Kent said that the Broncos will wait for the outcome of the investigation from the NRL Integrity Unit, before deciding whether to register the contract with the ARLC.

Well at the moment, Barba hasn't done anything that hasn't already been publicly disclosed and officially dealt with.

The NRL is investigating the Dogs not Barba AFAIK

I don't think the Broncs will drop Barba, kicking him to the kirb certainly wouldn't help him get back his life back on track.

Glenn said Barba would not be removing the No.1 jersey from Hoffman’s back anyway.

“The way Hoffy has been playing we are all standing behind him and I don’t see Barba coming here and taking his spot,” Glenn said.

“I feel for him because it is always tough when the club signs someone in your position.

wtf is glenn on about? im getting sick of this crap from players at our club. they seem to think their little clique is more important than the club itself. glenn hasnt exactly been great this year either. i dunno if we'd even notice if he left the club.

Last edited:

A couple of things:
in the text conversation, when she is explaining what happened, they have got (in two places) "message removed". Does this mean the friend deleted the text or the journo has the text but didnt publish it.

Secondly, AVO and DV police applications have to be proved on balance of probabilities, not beyond reasonable doubt. They are not criminal charges. They don't really need evidence from the victim - but it sure would help.
This one is particularly interesting:
Currie: 9.46pm I cant even rememver how it all came about i was laying dwn goin back to sleep
That's a very weird thing to do if you're having a fight with your partner... :huh:
Even weirder, is for your partner to come and clock you in the face at that time.

That's a very weird thing to do if you're having a fight with your partner... :huh:
Even weirder, is for your partner to come and clock you in the face at that time.

haha yeh thats odd.

maybe he threw his phone in anger or something and accidently sconed her.

maybe they were arguing and she tried to get away and banged her mouth on the bedside table

Last edited:

This one is particularly interesting:

As I said earlier, maybe a gobby gone wrong. He smacked her in the lips with his hammer, hence the blood.

I hope these idiots bleating about how good Hoffman is don't ruin the chances of Barba coming. Hoffman is a very average attacking fullback.

I hope these idiots bleating about how good Hoffman is don't ruin the chances of Barba coming. Hoffman is a very average attacking fullback.

i dont reckon. hodges was apparently one of hte main reasons barba came. hodges is more important than these other cliquey idiots on our roster.

This is bullshit. **** you Glenn. After this year I can't believe you are saying shit like this and your the VC, holy **** we are in more trouble than we thought.

The patients are running the asylum.

I'd say he was just trying to support Hoff but didn't realise how it sounded from any other point of view. Still, IF that's the culture that is being fed among the players, that is they feel they own their positions, we are in deep trouble and the whole playing group needs a reality check.

If barba plays anywhere but fullback it is ridiculous. He won the dally m at fullback. He gets space at fullback. He doesnt need to tackle much at fullback. Hes 100x the fullback that hoffman is. If any of this is true, the broncos are officially the dumbest club in the league. More worried about hurting some sooks feelings than actually being a good team

I'd say he was just trying to support Hoff but didn't realise how it sounded from any other point of view. Still, IF that's the culture that is being fed among the players, that is they feel they own their positions, we are in deep trouble and the whole playing group needs a reality check.

I sincerely hope that's the case but I'm really starting to doubt it. More than happy to be wrong though because if the culture of cliques and self entitlement is rife like I think it is we are in so much trouble and things are going to get much worse before they get better. I mean FFS barba hasn't even officially signed yet and they are saying shit like this

Active Now

• Bongo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dreaglor
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • broncsfan88
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • The Strapper
  • The Don
  • broncsgoat
  • maximus84
  • Redux
  • Locky’s Left Boot
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.