[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

The rumour was that she was not completely blameless and Barba wasn't the first one to start something up physically, if that makes sense?

How Was he with the Bronco players? Couldn't tell from tv

Broncos didn't hold back when tackling him. Every opportunity they had 3 of our guys pummeling him. They've been burnt by the slippery sucker a few times, can't blame them.

He's going to be so good for us ......

.... seriously.

I just hope Hoffman realizes that and accepts his shift to the wing as a move that's best for the team.

For the majority of the game, Barba phoned in it. Looked like he couldn't be bothered. Fine considering the circumstances with the bulldogs but I hope he's not going to be pulling those sorts of games for Brisbane, we may not be blessed with talent in this current roster but at least they're all fairly professional and give their all - what Barba did last night was far from professional.

For the majority of the game, Barba phoned in it. Looked like he couldn't be bothered. Fine considering the circumstances with the bulldogs but I hope he's not going to be pulling those sorts of games for Brisbane, we may not be blessed with talent in this current roster but at least they're all fairly professional and give their all - what Barba did last night was far from professional.

I totally totally disagree - I reckon our roster is terrific, and Barba will add that extra dimension we lack - true acceleration to make breaks and finish them

If you disagree, you didn't watch the game. It's that simple. You can disagree on the talent thing (though the table and statistics surrounding that don't lie), but you can't sit there and say Barba put in last night.

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

I bet Barba is looking forward to coming home and having a peaceful life which for mine, is now all that matters, except seeing if there were any cover up by the 'Dogs which I am beginning to doubt

If you disagree, you didn't watch the game. It's that simple. You can disagree on the talent thing (though the table and statistics surrounding that don't lie), but you can't sit there and say Barba put in last night.

Barba looked half hearted

Our place on the table is for mine, solely due to poor coaching and conditioning, and injuries

As for talent: Parker, McGuire, Macca, Gillett, Glenn, Oates, Hunt, etc..

If I were a coach, I'd salivate at the opportunity to coach a team with such talent

Last edited:

Why would he though. He's been rushed back in, it was obvious that his ankle was still bloody sore, he's playing in a team that hates him and his club have thrown him under the bus just when it looked like him and his partner were moving forward and putting all that shit behind them. Who the hell would what to give their all for that team. If you would in that situation then you are a far better man than me, and many others I would assume

@rna - I don't think our squad is completely useless, but on the same token it's not a squad that's going to win us a premiership - that's why we exist and that's why we need to recruit, because the current squad isn't capable. If you believe otherwise I'm not going to say you're wrong, I just disagree. Coaching and fitness are obviously an issue, but that's another story, ie, how long do we persist until we decide to look elsewhere?

@b4l - Fair enough he wasn't playing at 110% but he just flat out didn't try in some situations, the "collision" with Reed, the knock on, a few really half assed attempts at tackles. Imo, if the rumours are true (which they probably aren't, but, supposedly he's privately concerned about winning Brisbane fans over), then a surefire way of doing that would've been playing a blinder or trying to impose himself on the game as a message to our supporters (this is what you can look forward to next year). I don't think many Brisbane fans would've been overwhelmed with how he played last night.

I don't know what I'd do if I was in his position, but with finals coming up, I'd be getting my arse into gear - you don't play finals football too many times in your career and you'd wanna be up for it. Who doesn't get up for finals football, whether it be at amateur or professional level? :)

I don't know what I'd do if I was in his position, but with finals coming up, I'd be getting my arse into gear - you don't play finals football too many times in your career and you'd wanna be up for it. Who doesn't get up for finals football, whether it be at amateur or professional level? :)

I see what you are saying but it wasn't a final last night for the Dogs so i'd rather judge him based on next weekends game. He would have been game shy last night not through the things posters have already pointed out in his private life but back from an ankle injury he sustained from a game where he was also returning from an injury/personal reason plagued season.

Also, you were possibly wathicng him more closely last night due to him being with us next year, i know i was. He had some nice touches in attack and was instrumental in their 2nd try

i was at the game tonight and at times it didn't look like the other Bulldogs players really wanted anything to do with him.

probably to be expected. barba said himself last week a number of players in the team genuinely dont like him, though he still has a few really good mates in the side so he doesnt notice the others that much

interesting to see that Barba had "AC" written on his wrist last night.... ainslee currie.

probably to be expected. barba said himself last week a number of players in the team genuinely dont like him, though he still has a few really good mates in the side so he doesnt notice the others that much

Well, if it's of any value, I was watching him like a hawk in the warm-up. The only positive interaction he had was with Kasiano, Williams, and a bit of a fist-pump from Morris. In fact, Williams sort of watched over him like a big bro, encouraging him and patting him on the shoulder. Big 'ol softie. And like I said, earlier on the sidelines he was with Reynolds & Hodkinson, but as it turns out they were there to greet the U20's squad coming out for the 2nd half, so that may have been scripted somewhat.

i just hope the broncos welcome him in. he hasnt done anything to them. fresh start. whats best for the club is that everyone gets along. well, enough to win football games.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • leish107
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Lazza
  • pennywisealfie
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Manofoneway
  • Elcapitano20
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.