[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Re: Ben Barba - Breaking News

I have "decent" information, that the signature of BB to the Broncos was pretty much signed and delivered, and this weeks revelations have put everything to a halt!!

Thats all i can say on the matter.

quote from a kennel poster!! has Barba signed off on his 3yr deal???

i wouldn't believe anything Kennel posters say. Many of them said that Barba had was never going to ask for a release.

besides what would a kennel poster know about Broncos contract negotiations

i just hope the broncos welcome him in. he hasnt done anything to them. fresh start. whats best for the club is that everyone gets along. well, enough to win football games.

I have "decent" information, that the signature of BB to the Broncos was pretty much signed and delivered, and this weeks revelations have put everything to a halt!!

Thats all i can say on the matter.

this is post on the kennel tonight....Has Barba officially signed??

Nothing new there. The Broncos have not registered his contract as yet. They will await the outcome of current investigations which will lead nowhere with no official complaint. It's a done deal.

Imagine if the Cows or Titans swooped on him.

That would just top this year right off...

apparently ten news said that Barba didn't fly back to sydney with his team mates, he was allowed to remain in Brisbane to be with family. did anyone hear this?

personally, I doubt that the signing will eventuate. mark my words, there will be more complications to come.
I predict the hairdresser will leave the country and play abroad.

Anyone know why the Dogs CEO couldn't make the Bombers presser today? Said the had to rush back for urgent business to do with Barba or something.

[h=1]Castle cancels conference[/h][h=2]By Steve Mascord[/h]Sept. 6, 2013, 10:31 a.m.
Canterbury chief executive Raelene Castle has cancelled a media conference in Brisbane so she can return to Sydney on Friday and attend to urgent business in the wake of Ben Barba’s return to rugby league.
Barba, who has been the subject of a week-long media storm since a photo emerged alleged to be of his former partner Ainslie Currie with a bloodied mouth, came off the bench in the 35th minute of the Broncos’ 16-11 win at Suncorp Stadium.

The finals-bound Dogs led 11-10 with eight minutes remaining, after Trent Hodkinson’s field goal, before youngster Corey Oates bagged his second try to snatch victory. Electronic media reported Barba had the inscription "AC" on wrist strapping during the game.
Fairfax Media was advised late Thursday Castle’s media opportunity had been canned because she had to fly to Sydney to attend to an “unfolding situation”.

No other details were available.

Castle cancels conference to attend to Barba situation

apparently ten news said that Barba didn't fly back to sydney with his team mates, he was allowed to remain in Brisbane to be with family. did anyone hear this?

I can confirm this, my mate's got a photo with him out last night.

1185254_10152223413943146_1230820216_n.jpg

Currie has declined an offer to discuss the issues with the NRL integrity unit, because it could "interfere with the positive resolution of their (her and BB's) relationship issues" - I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist. Basically it sounds like both she and BB just want to get on with their lives and work PRIVATELY through whatever issues they had. I wish the media would just leave it at that.

What sounds most likely to me is that there was no true, intentional domestic abuse in the first place. The reports are that Currie went to the Bulldogs concerned for BB - and the gambling/drinking issues are well known. It seems likely to me that he was on a downward spiral (clearly) and she was worried about him so went to the Bulldogs. Where the split lip comes into it I don't know - but nothing I have read on this whole saga really points to intentional abuse. If no complaints are made there is nothing to investigate. There's been no police complaint. The complaint to the Bulldogs was, from reports, about his state of health, NOT about an abuse claim.

Clearly he has had issues which will need to be continually managed. But the mother of his kids wants to get their relationship back on track - get out of Sydney, back closer to family, away from the bad influences - just leave them the **** alone to get their lives together again!! Geez. That's clearly the best thing right now for Ben, Ainslie, and their kids.

And **** the Bulldogs for bringing this shit up now. If they have covered anything up throw the fucking book at them. Barba's a better man than me still taking the field, if I'd been stabbed in the back like he has I'd be giving them a big **** YOU. The whole thing at the moment is disgraceful IMO.

The Dogs are scum for bringing it up and if the girl is Ainsley and it was Ben that struck her then there's no way to sugar coat it. Living in lala land if you think Barba woke up and accidentally hit her or something.

I want Barba here regardless though.

Currie was at the Broncos Vs Bulldogs game in the crowd and Barba is staying in Brisbane to spend time with his kids. It's at the point where the media just needs to back up and let them continue fixing their relationship.

Active Now

• Morepudding
  • Elcapitano20
  • Xzei
  • leish107
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Lazza
  • pennywisealfie
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.