[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

How'd that work out? :001_rolleyes:

Well....we agreed to terms with him and announced it not long after...unfortunately the aftermath wasn't good, but the Holden information was 100% correct.

Heard similar with Folau in 2008 from another sponsor - that his signing was a done deal, but that a "host of players" would be moving on to make way. Signing was announced within 3 weeks and Kemp, Boyd, Stagg etc announced they were going too.

Sponsors are actually a good source of info, off the record.

The Titans can't talk to him. Neither can we unless the Bulldogs give us permission.

The Titans can't talk to him. Neither can we unless the Bulldogs give us permission.
Maybe not officially, but I think it's naive to think that agents or those associated with the club don't start sounding out players and gauging their interest levels (and possible demands) before clubs give them permission.
If they get caught they might be in the shit, tapping up players so to speak, but I've no doubt it happens.

This is a rumours thread yet a user gets attacked for posting one. Cool.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Barba leaves the Dogs and we don't get him. Only time will tell how this plays out. If the Bulldogs are seeking compensation I'd say we are better placed than the Titans though.

That's my point. Hence why I doubt a sponsor has been told yet. It's a massive risk to take

This is a rumours thread yet a user gets attacked for posting one. Cool.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Barba leaves the Dogs and we don't get him. Only time will tell how this plays out. If the Bulldogs are seeking compensation I'd say we are better placed than the Titans though.

I didn't attack him. I said I doubted what he said, is that not allowed?

With the fact his kids would move to the Gold Coast and his brother plays for the Titans I would guess we are less than 50% chance of getting him

B4L, take a chill pill mate! :winky:

A sponsor would certainly be in the know if it was to be a part of a third party deal, so there is that too.

Having said that, while not impossible, I very much doubt the deal is done, and if it is, either the amount being paid by the Tits is obscene, we already have something else signed up, or someone at Red Hill needs to be shot.

I just want to say if the Titans have $1 million left in the cap surely we have a similar amount spare as well.

A sponsor would certainly be in the know if it was to be a part of a third party deal, so there is that too.

Having said that, while not impossible, I very much doubt the deal is done, and if it is, either the amount being paid by the Tits is obscene, we already have something else signed up, or someone at Red Hill needs to be shot.

Mate I am chilled. I'm just trying to make a point

It's more unbelievable that the Titans have a shitload of cap space then it is that a sponsor would know about a signing before the media etc.

afterall, as someone else suggested, the sponsor is probably involved in lining up third party deals so naturally they're going to be privy to that info.

also, it's quite common to know something in advance in the business world but not act out on it before it's made public. inside trading etc stems from this.

That's my point. Hence why I doubt a sponsor has been told yet. It's a massive risk to take

They can't talk to the player, they can still talk amongst each other to have a deal ready when they can talk to him. There is no risk.

They can't talk to the player, they can still talk amongst each other to have a deal ready when they can talk to him. There is no risk.

All my point was was that I doubt they would have said anything to sponsers seeing the shouldn't being talking to the player yet

But whatever I'm sure the tell all the sponsers about a signing they legally can't talk to yet all the time, thanks for clearing that up

Sadly, the bolded option is most likely the correct one :(

If I was a Queenslander playing in Syd with dreams of pulling on the maroon, and I decided to move back north ... then it's a no brainer, it's Suncorp or nowhere.

Hook and Gee are officially retards if they don't make a play for black sheep (my nickname for Benny Barba based on the pronunciation of his last name before anyone accuses me of racism). Barba has such speed, skill, game reading ability and isn't afraid to get involved in defence. Would be a massive improvement on Norman.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.