[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Got this text message from my source close to Red Hill (this almost never happens. I usually have to inquire to them):

"Hey ***** I figured you would want to hear about this. Barba is a done deal. 1 million over 4 years. I'm hearing that Bulldogs are furious because they haven't got Folau yet. Regardless Barba will be a Bronco next year. Good news aye :D Keep an eye on the headlines over the next few days."

About fucking time we made a major move. Now we just need a Halves pairing worth shit.

How can that happen tho? Is he off-contract?

Don't jinx it IBM!

Don't treat me like Bunniesman, Tom Nook. I'm telling you, this person is solid. They called Folau before it happened and were practically right about Inglis too.

1 million per year for 4 years?
That's a huge contract for someone who's only really had one top year of NRL form and is not even a rep player.

1 million per year for 4 years?
That's a huge contract for someone who's only really had one top year of NRL form and is not even a rep player.

He's a Dally M medalist. I would be surprised if he wasn't asking for big dollars off the back of the new Salary Cap.

$1mil per year over 4 years? cause theres no way hes signing for $250k a year.

I interpreted that as per year, which would make sense.

Last edited:
1 million over 4 years... Yeah that isn't right. Barba would be at least looking at 2million over 4 years IMO. He could probably get more.

1 million per year is way over though. If we are paying that we won't have much left for any other talent on the market in the coming years.

I'm pretty sure we'd be looking at paying him close to 1mil annually, particularly given that's the reported figure the Warriors are paying Tomkins. And when you consider Norman is getting 450k and Barba is 10x as good as Norman, it's really not that bad.

a 4 year deal makes sense, what with the salary cap being set in stone for the next 4 years. then he'd get to negotiate next time the salary cap could potentially raise.

with the price others are going for, theres no way barba would be settling for under $750k a season IMO, probably closer to $1mil.

$1M a year? Could have just went after Tomkins instead if it's true.

$1M a year? Could have just went after Tomkins instead if it's true.

I wouldn't put Tomkins in the same basket as Barba. The NRL is a very different beast to SL and he might turn out to be a Loltzon.

I wouldn't put Tomkins in the same basket as Barba. The NRL is a very different beast to SL and he might turn out to be a Loltzon.

I think he has shown more than enough talent both for England and in the ESL to be pretty confident that he won't be a dud. I think he's a better player than Barba too. But I guess beggars can't be choosers, so I'd be more than happy with Barba too.

I remember the last time the Broncos were a sure thing and were supposed to win every game...we ended up 1-4.

You better be right this time mate!

I remember the last time the Broncos were a sure thing and were supposed to win every game...we ended up 1-4.

You better be right this time mate!

Lol that was me, not my source, and to be fair, they were virtually unloseable games which says a lot about our form.

Tomkins has more upside than Barba IMO but more downside too. I would have no problems paying Tomkins 1mil a year but given the choice between the two I'm quite happy to take Barba. Seriously, when the alternative is spending 1/2 as much and having 1/10th of the player in Corey Norman at fullback, I don't see how anyone anywhere could object to this. I mean, who else are we going to spend 1mil a year on? Sam Williams?

LOL at Tomkins being better than Barba! :loool:

I can see the former being monstered and trampled over in defense easily and ragdolled around like Tallis did to Hodgson when in possession of the ball... He won't find the space and holes in the NRL that he did with more than half the teams in the ESL.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • BroncoFan94
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Lurker
  • broncos4life
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.