[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

It's a lot of coin, but I'm okay with Barba. I wanted Dugan at first, but not once he fucked-up during contract negotiations, and he's really just a ticking bomb as he proved with the recent Ferguson saga...

Last edited:
Well there goes that entire salary cap space I was talking about, if that figure is accurate and we get him for $1m a year, don't expect any more signings. Maybe a few re-signingings at best

Barba for 1mil a year? happy with it.

Hoping its true, does this mean the dogs have granted him a release for next year already ??

I don't think the club is silly enough to pay Barba that much. He is worth a lot so we will wait and see if he evens signs before we speculate on how much coin he is on.

Let's find out how reliable your source really is [MENTION=8274]I bleed Maroon[/MENTION]

[RUMOUR] Barba to Broncos

Another thing I like about this apart from helping to land Cam is that it will make Taylor's life easier if he has a weapon like Barba to use and take the pressure off. If he were to debut with our current roster he'd be under enormous pressure, particularly given Hodges will have declined by the time he's ready to debut.

I'm looking forward to finding out myself. I was surprised they knew how much the deal was worth. I figured clubs keep that information pretty close to the chest.

^ this is part of the reason i think 1mil could easily be an exaggeration through translation. we'll never konw the official figures anyway, but if your guy isnt involved in the financials at the broncs then its pretty easy for the chinese whispers to go

guy 1: -> "4 year deal back-ended to almost 1 mil per season in 2017"
-> guy2 "almostmil a season!"
-> guy 3 "1mil per season!!!"

Last edited:
Got this text message from my source close to Red Hill (this almost never happens. I usually have to inquire to them):

"Hey ***** I figured you would want to hear about this. Barba is a done deal. 1 million over 4 years. I'm hearing that Bulldogs are furious because they haven't got Folau yet. Regardless Barba will be a Bronco next year. Good news aye :D Keep an eye on the headlines over the next few days."

About ****ing time we made a major move. Now we just need a Halves pairing worth ****.

Guys, I know I'm most likely to cop A lot of flak for this, but, if this info/intel is correct, I would really like to make some serious love-making to my little sidekick, Andrew 'Gee Gee' Gee! Wow, just wow. Woohooo giddy up Gee Gee, giddy UP! PMSL hehhh

Have a faboolus evening folks!

Last edited:
We had the chance of a cheap fullback star named Dugan and we passed him up. Some agree, some didnt, but if you want us to win a premiership I don't see how you can possibly complain about signing Barba whilst still agreeing with the decision to cut Dugan.

Wasn't the offer to Dugan about $2 million over three years. That is still serious coin.
I would assume there is rounding in this figure and also 3rd party agreements. Remember this deal has been worked on for months now

[RUMOUR] Barba to Broncos

Wasn't the offer to Dugan about $2 million over three years. That is still serious coin.
I would assume there is rounding in this figure and also 3rd party agreements. Remember this deal has been worked on for months now

Last figure I saw had it actually at 300k a year.

Well there goes that entire salary cap space I was talking about, if that figure is accurate and we get him for $1m a year, don't expect any more signings. Maybe a few re-signingings at best

We don't know yet who they might be releasing

Guys, I know I'm most likely to cop A lot of flak for this, but, if this info/intel is correct, I would really like to make some serious love-making to my little sidekick, Andrew 'Gee Gee' Gee! Wow, just wow. Woohooo giddy up lil Gee Gee, giddy UP! PMSL hehhh

Have a faboolus evening folks!

I distinctly remember you said you would delete your account if our Broncs lost to the Warriors,,,
:biggrin:

But your right, if this is true then Gee has finally done something good with the clubs recruitment

Active Now

• Dexter
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Skyblues87
  • Justwin
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Donald Garner
  • HVbronco
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.