[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

There isn't THAT big a difference between the two comps.

Besides, talking about proven players, Barba has had one good year. Tomkins dominated in pretty much each one of his.

But in a weaker competition which is considerably different IMO, he's unproven in the NRL.

Last edited:
There isn't THAT big a difference between the two comps.

Besides, talking about proven players, Barba has had one good year. Tomkins dominated in pretty much each one of his.

Yeah, ok. That's your opinion, I disagree

Besides, the whole Barba leaving thing is just rumours. Tomkins coming over to the NRL is a more sure thing. What if Barba doesn't sign?

Besides, the whole Barba leaving thing is just rumours. Tomkins coming over to the NRL is a more sure thing. What if Barba doesn't sign?

Then we're stuck with what we've got (and a massive glut of salary cap begging to find a home in Cameron Smith's bank account..)

If I had a Million in the bank and had to choose between 2-3 good/proven players in the NRL or Tomkins I would pick the first option.

For me its too big a risk to give him a mill when we could work towards a future with a bunch of talented/future stars.

Guys I have just come across an article in today's edition of our local rag, the Chronicle. I don't have a scanner but was more than happy to type UP what was written. So god damn excited right now with what's going down as I'm sure all you fans ARE. Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed!

'Broncos Set to Pounce on Barba'
by Dennis Tsango 03/07/13.

Brisbane Broncos General Manager of Football Operations Andrew Gee tonight confirmed widespread online rumours the club is on the verge of pulling off what is being touted as one of the biggest signing coups in the club's history; the imminent signing of superstar back Ben Barba.

Speaking from the Broncos headquarters at Red Hill, one of the clubs favourite sons, Gee was being anything but coy in regard to rumours swirling in league circles today that a deal with Barba had been completed. Grinning wildy as he spoke from the queue in the clubs buffet-themed dining hall, Gee was refusing to take all the credit for the deal which will see the excitement machine don the maroon, yellow and white from 2014.

Whilst it is believed Barba is keen to arrive in the QLD capital to be closer to his young children next year, the opportunity to be mentored by head coach Anthony 'Hook' Griffin is thought to be a critical factor in the flashy fullback making the trek north for the next 3 years. As Gee pointed out, "players view us as an attractive proposition in terms of not only how well the team is coached, but also how effectively the club is managed.

The club is expected to announce the signing officially after this weekend's round.

Mannn I'm freakin out so much right now and I'm so god damn pumped hearin about this development. Feels like the tip of my penis has been struck by lightning lol. Anyways stay tune and keep the faith lads! Love always Anthony xox

Whilst it is believed Barba is keen to arrive in the QLD capital to be closer to his young children next year, the opportunity to be mentored by head coach Anthony 'Hook' Griffin is thought to be a critical factor in the flashy fullback making the trek north for the next 3 years.

Love your work FIH. :thumbup1:

Guys I have just come across an article in today's edition of our local rag, the Chronicle. I don't have a scanner but was more than happy to type UP what was written. So god damn excited right now with what's going down as I'm sure all you fans ARE. Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed!

'Broncos Set to Pounce on Barba'
by Dennis Tsango 03/07/13.

Brisbane Broncos General Manager of Football Operations Andrew Gee tonight confirmed widespread online rumours the club is on the verge of pulling off what is being touted as one of the biggest signing coups in the club's history; the imminent signing of superstar back Ben Barba.

Speaking from the Broncos headquarters at Red Hill, one of the clubs favourite sons, Gee was being anything but coy in regard to rumours swirling in league circles today that a deal with Barba had been completed. Grinning wildy as he spoke from the queue in the clubs buffet-themed dining hall, Gee was refusing to take all the credit for the deal which will see the excitement machine don the maroon, yellow and white from 2014.

Whilst it is believed Barba is keen to arrive in the QLD capital to be closer to his young children next year, the opportunity to be mentored by head coach Anthony 'Hook' Griffin is thought to be a critical factor in the flashy fullback making the trek north for the next 3 years. As Gee pointed out, "players view us as an attractive proposition in terms of not only how well the team is coached, but also how effectively the club is managed.

The club is expected to announce the signing officially after this weekend's round.

Mannn I'm freakin out so much right now and I'm so god damn pumped hearin about this development. Feels like the tip of my penis has been struck by lightning lol. Anyways stay tune and keep the faith lads! Love always Anthony xox

can somebody sink this troll's battleship please ....

I'll be sure to pop over there to read his response when Barba does indeed sign with us :001_tt2:

Will be over the moon if Barba signs with us he would be a great replacement for the pea-hearted Norman and it would add some strength and flare to our average spine. Still think we need a five-eighth and halfback more than a fullback.

So is this actually true or not, as its ridiculously hard to believe with all the rumors that are going around?

I'm just waiting for Tasi's debut. That much I know will happen.

I'd love to wake up one day soon and hear about how we signed Barba and DCE at the same time. Zero to Hero, like Vanilla Ice.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
  • Xarr
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • porouian
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncosMan
  • davidp
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.