[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

The plot thickens.

I think you jumped the gun a bit, he says right down the bottom that it was just a picture and that he knows nothing, he also admits that he added the "Cherry on top" because he likes puns.

Someone add that Caroline person and ask for it NOW

Someone add that Caroline person and ask for it NOW

I'm thinking UnbreaK might have a point. I think the Courier just re-reported the RLW blurb about Barba that we've all seen already.

So we're getting DCE and Barba?

The DCE part I'm taking with a grain of salt but if we can get both of them in the one pre-season, all my problems with Gee as a recruiter are forgiven.

The DCE part I'm taking with a grain of salt but if we can get both of them in the one pre-season, all my problems with Gee as a recruiter are forgiven.
If this happens I pledge to have Gee as my profile picture for the entire off season.

Not even kidding.
mU4mKVvFKsoKyQqzjQmENiw.jpg

Off some Facebook page, no idea the source:

Brisbane Broncos General Manager of Football Operations Andrew Gee tonight confirmed widespread online rumours the club is on the verge of pulling off what is being touted as one of the biggest signing coups in the club's history; the imminent signing of superstar back Ben Barba.

Speaking from the Broncos headquarters at Red Hill, one of the clubs favourite sons, Gee was being anything but coy in regard to rumours swirling in league circles today that a deal with Barba had been completed. Grinning wildy as he spoke from the queue in the clubs buffet-themed dining hall, Gee was refusing to take all the credit for the deal which will see the excitement machine don the maroon, yellow and white from 2014.

Whilst it is believed Barba is keen to arrive in the QLD capital to be closer to his young children next year, the opportunity to be mentored by head coach Anthony 'Hook' Griffin is thought to be a critical factor in the flashy fullback making the trek north for the next 3 years. As Gee pointed out, "players view us as an attractive proposition in terms of not only how well the team is coached, but also how effectively the club is managed.

The club is expected to announce the signing officially after this weekend's round.

Last edited:
Off some Facebook page, no idea the source:

Brisbane Broncos General Manager of Football Operations Andrew Gee tonight confirmed widespread online rumours the club is on the verge of pulling off what is being touted as one of the biggest signing coups in the club's history; the imminent signing of superstar back Ben Barba.

Speaking from the Broncos headquarters at Red Hill, one of the clubs favourite sons, Gee was being anything but coy in regard to rumours swirling in league circles today that a deal with Barba had been completed. Grinning wildy as he spoke from the queue in the clubs buffet-themed dining hall, Gee was refusing to take all the credit for the deal which will see the excitement machine don the maroon, yellow and white from 2014.

Whilst it is believed Barba is keen to arrive in the QLD capital to be closer to his young children next year, the opportunity to be mentored by head coach Anthony 'Hook' Griffin is thought to be a critical factor in the flashy fullback making the trek north for the next 3 years. As Gee pointed out, "players view us as an attractive proposition in terms of not only how well the team is coached, but also how effectively the club is managed.

The club is expected to announce the signing officially after this weekend's round.

Fake. Posted by a troll forum poster earlier on.

There's also a story on Foxsports website where Barba says that a move back to Queensland is reliant on his ex-partner Currie returning to QLD. If she doesn't decide to go he will not be seeking a release.

"She's been down here for a few years and she came down here for me and obviously we are not together any more," Barba said.

"She's got some good friends down here but there's probably no reason for her to be here any more.

"It's probably good for the kids that she move back as well."

"They (Canterbury Bulldogs) definitely know about it," Barba said.

"They know how I am with my two children and how I'm trying to rebuild my relationship with Ainslie.

"They've been helpful. We'll take it as it goes and see how it pans out."

Asked about the likelihood of Currie's homecoming, Barba replied: "At the moment it's 50-50.

"It (would be) quite hard for me to stay here with her taking my two kids back to Queensland. It's something that you would have to sort out if it ever comes around. It could happen at any time.

"She could wake up next week and want to move."

"I'm a proud Queenslander," he said.

"I've always dreamt of going back to Queensland one day and playing for a Queensland side."

MAKE IT HAPPEN

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-star-ben-barba-eyes-return-to-queensland-with-broncos-titans-ready-to-pounce/story-fni3g67w-1226673958962

to me, it reads as though its happening. "she could wake up any day and want to move". well it sounds like she wants to. maybe he just wants to make sure he can secure a deal (behind closed doors) and then she will come out and say shes moving, barba will tell the dogs this, and the doggies will have to release him. its win win win win for barba, the (ex)gf, the kids, and hte broncs

youd have to be andrew gee to fuc this up ;)

Last edited:

Active Now

• theshed
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Evander
  • leon.bott
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • IceWorks
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.