[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Kennel going off, want a player swap on top of whatever we pay :loool:

Always whinging about losing players, maybe if you developed your own they would stay! :001_tt2:

The salary cap is rising over the next couple of years anyway.
$1 million next year is probably worth $850000 this year and will gradually wither away as far as the cap goes. **** i would like it though.
Biggest portion of the cap will be next year and if we have no one else coming then i say give him a good portion next year as a sweetener

Kennel going off, want a player swap on top of whatever we pay :loool:

Always whinging about losing players, maybe if you developed your own they would stay! :001_tt2:
As long as we get to select the player we give them.
How about let them pick from Anderson, Lui or Maranta for a start:loool:

Barba may be willing to play for less too, we don't know the whole story.

Sounds like (if the rumours are true) that he is keen to start fresh and move here, so maybe he has stated he'll play for less if we pick him up ??

I can't see it happening. Look at the Bronco's track record. Remember Inglis? That deal went south. How about Bellamy becoming our coach? Bennett coming back? I don't have faith in the club getting this one right. Especially, if it's a 'done deal.' Considering the flak we've copped in the press regarding our ability to sign talent, I can't see Brisbane sitting in this one for longer than if it was true.

Happy to eat my hat otherwise. . .

Captain hook and faithinhook created at same time with same number of posts roughly plot thickens. Fih has actually had a few serious posts recently though. Btw super excited for next year if true. Moving in right direction. Thank you so much parra

I imagine Griffin's face will be like the one in FIH's avatar when he's told we've signed Barba..

"What? I have to build structures around Barba now? wtf is a structure?"

Captain hook and faithinhook created at same time with same number of posts roughly plot thickens. Fih has actually had a few serious posts recently though. Btw super excited for next year if true. Moving in right direction. Thank you so much parra

Haha I probably should've put more thought into my name. Anyways, we're not one and the same. I'm a Maranta fan. I think he's shown some good signs and would be sorry to see him go.

if Zero tackle is to be believed then our highest paid players are on 350k (P. Wallace, Hodge, Hannant). Hoffman is alsor on 300k for next season (well worth it if he stays on the wing or goes to center).

no figures given for Thaiday, Parker, JYY, Gillett.

if i recall from articles around the time of his signing Gillett would be on around the 250k mark. while i suspect thaiday and Parker around the 350-400k mark.

Brisbane Broncos | NRL | Zero Tackle

With the increase in the cap for both this year and next i think we could easily pay Barba $1 million a season. and still have some left over. if we get shillington, i doubt he would be on massive money.

IMO, if you are happy to pay 1 million a season for Tomkins you would have to be happy paying that for a proven NRL star, like Barba

if Zero tackle is to be believed then our highest paid players are on 350k (P. Wallace, Hodge, Hannant). Hoffman is alsor on 300k for next season (well worth it if he stays on the wing or goes to center).

no figures given for Thaiday, Parker, JYY, Gillett.

if i recall from articles around the time of his signing Gillett would be on around the 250k mark. while i suspect thaiday and Parker around the 350-400k mark.

Brisbane Broncos | NRL | Zero Tackle

With the increase in the cap for both this year and next i think we could easily pay Barba $1 million a season. and still have some left over. if we get shillington, i doubt he would be on massive money.

IMO, if you are happy to pay 1 million a season for Tomkins you would have to be happy paying that for a proven NRL star, like Barba
Thaiday is the clubs highest earner on around $450k a season, the club baulked at Thurston wanting a million+, they won't come close to paying that for Barba. It's rubbish.

$1M a year? Could have just went after Tomkins instead if it's true.

Yes, for the same money we should have chased someone that won the equilvanf award to barba but in an inferior comp. it would have been a far better idea to chase someone who stars in a comp that is known for its woeful defence that is completely untested at nrl level, over a proven star. What idiots!

$1 million is for the very top line players IMO. It won't make us a better team for long paying Barba that much. He is a good player but he isn't on the same page as JT, Smith, Inglis, SBW IMO.

Yes, for the same money we should have chased someone that won the equilvanf award to barba but in an inferior comp. it would have been a far better idea to chase someone who stars in a comp that is known for its woeful defence that is completely untested at nrl level, over a proven star. What idiots!

There isn't THAT big a difference between the two comps.

Besides, talking about proven players, Barba has had one good year. Tomkins dominated in pretty much each one of his.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • RodF
  • mrtij
  • Robboi_321
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • HVbronco
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.