[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

i doubt hoffy would think he should be #1 instead of barba. interview in may in SMH:

hoffy re rumours of barba to broncs:
"I was looking forward to it because it would have been good for him - and me - but for him to be closer to his family up in Mackay," Hoffman said.
"I'd love to play with him again. The Broncos would have been a good club for him. Maybe one day we can be reunited. But that will be in years to come."

barba in same article:
Barba said he had half-expected a call from Hoffman when the rumour mill had been in full swing.

"I am sure he would like that fullback spot back after (Corey) Norman leaves," Barba said. "I am surprised he didn't ring me and tell me to stay where I was. He's a great bloke. He's going really good."

"Me and Joshy started playing footy when we were under-7, under-6," he said. "We're pretty close. We catch up all the time when we go back home."

lol sportsbet has barba to broncs in 2014 at 2-1 odds. anyone got any solid info, please pm me ;)

do you seriously believe we are close to the cap for next season. or do you just want to get rid of Macca and Wallace. With the Cap increases for 2013 and 2014 we would have tons of space. escpecially since we have only added Prince and Tasi to the squad and lost Norman. we could quite easily still have a million plus spare under the 2014 increased cap.

Personally, i am happy to get rid of Macca, i think we have guys on our books that could easily do a far better job. but i can't say the same for Wallace. and there are no quality halves off contract for 2014 so, i think we would have to wait to replace him to 2015.

Barba is reportedly seeking 800+ per season, even if the Broncos could cover it, they wouldn't have much left after snaring him. The Broncos aren't going to pay out this sort of wampum to just one player. And if they do, they will indeed get rid of some of the excess rubbish, they have many to choose from. Besides, like every other rumour on here, it is all a pipe dream, Barba ain't coming.:sad:

thekennel appears to have given up and are now looking for a new fb

des was interviewed by the rush hour today. no word of confirmation either way but he sounds resigned to the fact that if barba wants to go, he will be gone.

link: http://t.co/NCqDUpmJdW

thekennel appears to have given up and are now looking for a new fb

des was interviewed by the rush hour today. no word of confirmation either way but he sounds resigned to the fact that if barba wants to go, he will be gone.

link: http://t.co/NCqDUpmJdW
For those who don't want to waste time with the other stuff, skip to 7:15

In the courier mail today it says that we are the only QLD club that can afford his 700k a season asking price.

700k sounds like a much better price for us.
Sign him to a 4 year deal if he decides to come

In the courier mail today it says that we are the only QLD club that can afford his 700k a season asking price.

Isn't the courier mail hilarious. The other week they are saying the titans are odds on to get him as they have plenty of space...

Isn't the courier mail hilarious. The other week they are saying the titans are odds on to get him as they have plenty of space...

Before their coach shut down the rumour and said he's sticking by Zillman at the 1.. Cowboys signed a young guy for the Fullback role.. Broncos have done or said nothing in relation to the hole at Fullback next year.

I'd say that's the Courier Mail's train of thought.

i doubt hoffy would think he should be #1 instead of barba. interview in may in SMH:

hoffy re rumours of barba to broncs:
"I was looking forward to it because it would have been good for him - and me - but for him to be closer to his family up in Mackay," Hoffman said.
"I'd love to play with him again. The Broncos would have been a good club for him. Maybe one day we can be reunited. But that will be in years to come."

barba in same article:
Barba said he had half-expected a call from Hoffman when the rumour mill had been in full swing.

"I am sure he would like that fullback spot back after (Corey) Norman leaves," Barba said. "I am surprised he didn't ring me and tell me to stay where I was. He's a great bloke. He's going really good."

"Me and Joshy started playing footy when we were under-7, under-6," he said. "We're pretty close. We catch up all the time when we go back home."

Hoffman has been saying he wants to play in the halves. Now it makes sense.

1. Barba
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Kahu
6. Hoffman
7. Wallace/Hunt

HmMmmMmmM

1. Barba
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Kahu
6. Hoffman
7. Wallace/Hunt

HmMmmMmmM

Took me a while to reply cos of all the drool on my keyboard. That is a classy backline

1. Barba
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Kahu
6. Hoffman
7. Wallace/Hunt

HmMmmMmmM

If Yow Yeh returns to his best or at least close to it and Hoffman and Reed maintain their current form, that is the best backline in the NRL outside Melbourne.

Come on... Hoffman has very limited ball playing skills. He's a centre/winger and very good at it, that's where he should stay!

Yeah, I wasn't serious about him being in the halves, just making a joke about him once saying he thinks of himself as a 5/8th. I reckon he'd be horrific there.

I think anyone with a history of playing Fullback could transition into the Five-Eighth role with a lot of work, it might take Hoff 2 full off-season, pre-season and seasons in the role to fully develop a solid kicking and passing game, but he has the speed, strength and step for the role.

(I don't think we can afford to give him 2 seasons to develop it though, if we were winning games we might be able to)

I think anyone with a history of playing Fullback could transition into the Five-Eighth role with a lot of work, it might take Hoff 2 full off-season, pre-season and seasons in the role to fully develop a solid kicking and passing game, but he has the speed, strength and step for the role.

(I don't think we can afford to give him 2 seasons to develop it though, if we were winning games we might be able to)

I dunno, even the better recent ball playing fullbacks failed to make the same impact in the halves - KHunt, Inglis, Hayne...Norman?
Someone who lacks the basic ball playing skills and has a more individual game mindset like Hoffman will likely never really make it.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Rambstien
  • Mustafur
  • Tmac
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Alec
  • Xzei
  • Dreaglor
  • Broncosgirl
  • mystico
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.