[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

I dunno, even the better recent ball playing fullbacks failed to make the same impact in the halves - KHunt, Inglis, Hayne...Norman?
Someone who lacks the basic ball playing skills and has a more individual game mindset like Hoffman will likely never really make it.

As my post said, it takes time to develop, none of the people you named had a couple of seasons to improve their game in that position. Case and point: Darren Lockyer.

As my post said, it takes time to develop, none of the people you named had a couple of seasons to improve their game in that position. Case and point: Darren Lockyer.
difference is that darren lockyer played like a 5/8th while he was a fullback, often being in at first/second receiver etc.

If Yow Yeh returns to his best or at least close to it and Hoffman and Reed maintain their current form, that is the best backline in the NRL outside Melbourne.
EU

Lot of ifs and buts there though, would be great in an ideal world but realistically will never happen.

no thanks. Hoffman was a terrible ball player as a fullback, no way he makes it at 6.

Wasn't Lockyer originally a five eighth anyway? I thought he was only shifted to fullback in the first place because he was behind the likes of Langer and Walters.

Coached Cate Blanchetts 6 yr old on Wednesday, decent ball skills and can kick, I'd rather him at 6 and keep hoffy on the wing.:biggrin:
Assuming Ben is here next year of course

Yes he was originally a 5/8th(most of his games during 1995/1996 he spent playing 5/8th or off the bench as a utility) who was largely manufactured into fullback by need at the Broncos because of a lack of first grade fullback options, interesting enough at the time I know Robbie Ross was keen to stay on but he already made an agreement to join the Hunter Mariners during the super league war, he was playing great for us during that period and I was disappointed to see him go so I wonder if he stayed what would have resulted there.

As for Hoffman he should remain on the wing, his too valuable as a finisher for us on the wing, give us a ballplayer and someone who knows how to handle himself under the highball, solid kick returns and we should be fine at fullback.

Last edited:
Coached Cate Blanchetts 6 yr old on Wednesday, decent ball skills and can kick, I'd rather him at 6 and keep hoffy on the wing.:biggrin:
Assuming Ben is here next year of course

Where does he play?

Just wanna find out if my celeb stalking skills are up to date... :001_tt2:

Where does he play?

Just wanna find out if my celeb stalking skills are up to date... :001_tt2:

Hahaha, down Sydney way :biggrin:

Didn't get to meet Cate though :/
Guess my movie roles just gonna have to wait

Maybe its just me but Barba this year hasn't been as impressive in defence, if a semi-big player broke the line with speed and was just against barba im sure he'd back himself to go over...

Then again not everyone can be Greg Inglis.

Still miles ahead of Norman. His defence is woeful.

Without a doubt, and Barba trys and does those one percenters.
Id take nearly any current fb over Norman, as long as they're hearts in it.
Bring Barba home !

Well, wasn't the rumour that the Barba anouncement would happen some time shortly after that last round?

Waiting%20for%20phone%20to%20ring1.jpg

really? i cant believe how many people were sucked in by the fake article that FaithInHook posted.

Probably going down a pointless path here given that recent events have highlighted how unreliable Andrew Johns' word can be BUT, on the smidgeon of the triple m call I heard last night he said it was a stone cold fait accompli that Barba would be at the Broncos next year.

..... So i guess the search for a fullback continues :)

Was all hinging on Folau, unfortunately it looks as though he may stay with Union which is complicating matters. Dogs hoped to get rid of the problems they have by signing Folau and letting Barba go.
Now no Folau is a complication

Warratahs coach said on forx sports he is very confident that Folau is about to re-sign for at least one more year. I've got the feeling that if the Dog's dont get Folau we wont be getting Barba. Hopefully I'm wrong because its looking less and less likely that Folau will be playing in the NRL next year.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Socnorb
  • Morkel
  • Volvo Driver
  • Yem
  • Dexter
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.