[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Yeah, but Barba is perfectly suited to being a modern day fullback. The modern day fullback is generally like a classic running 5/8th, only playing even wider. His biggest strength is his running game and footwork. Plus I can't remember the last time we could have had someone who could always be a danger of making linebreaks from kick returns.

I feel strange talking about it like he has already signed, could jinx it.

woudl be stupid to move barba from fullback. his most dangerous footy is in broken play picking up scraps at the back. at fb he can pop up anywhere in attack.

Yeah let's just get him first, then who knows maybe pick up Marmin from Titans and throw him in the halves:thumbup1:

I'm concerned about what kind of attitude he'll bring with him to the club

IMO....he's got merkin written all over him.

I can't convince myself yet that this could be a good signing......I hope it's no more than a 1-2 yr deal, then let's see what happens.

I can't convince myself yet that this could be a good signing......I hope it's no more than a 1-2 yr deal, then let's see what happens.

What's wrong with his attitude. IMO the whole "worrying about a players attitude" is where the broncos are going wrong. We have a team full of choir boys and how good is that going?

Lets hope he signs and for at least 3 years

I share your concerns too Fourex.

Ben isn't a choir boy by any means. Who can forget the start of the season when Barba stepped down to get his head right and all the rumours going about? It clearly had an affect on his team and we can't just throw $$$ without at least considering that aspect of Ben's presence.

Plus, he is a Barba, they have a lousy reputation.

i thnk he got himself into some trouble at the start of the year. i dont believe the media story was all that there is to it. as far as i can tell its caused a rift in the team but his head looks set on footy again now and if he's coming to brisbane to try get his life outside of footy right well i can only back the choice to take him onboard. i really dont see it as a risk but im sure if he signed a contract we'd have a few clauses that help us out if required.

Please don't start telling me that any new signing has to be a priest

No.

But we'd be stupid to throw millions of dollars at a screw up.

It needs to be considered and we need to make sure Barba is right - physically and mentally.

That's not to say that should be just on his plate either. Club has to do everything they can to accommodate players.

LOL thats hilarious that you actually write "merkin". Thats so LU of you.

It is a concern but the fact the dogs are reluctant to let him go indicates they are confident he will be okay. I have enormous respect for Greenberg opinions

No.

It needs to be considered and we need to make sure Barba is right - physically and mentally.

That's not to say that should be just on his plate either. Club has to do everything they can to accommodate players.

Maybe we should require potential new signings to undergo a set of proper psychological screening tests?

What about our own players moving up through the ranks?

Or do we simply rely on media reports and or our own assumptions (I exclude convicted axe murderers, wife bashers, and alcoholics) based on bad behaviour after the fact, after they are signed.

Where does it begin and where does it end?

My concern is he's Aaron Barba's little brother. If there was ever a total douchebag in the game, it was Aaron.

My concern is he's Aaron Barba's little brother. If there was ever a total douchebag in the game, it was Aaron.

So we just judge everyone via there family do we. This is probably an over share but two of my cousins are currently in jail for some dodgy shit the did and some drugs charges, they are basically complete fuckups... So I guess I had better go tell my boss to fire me because some of my family are *****... I understnd I'm probably no longer welcome here, I mean imagine the affect it could have to the fabric of BHQ if my family's shit rubbed off on some of you guys

Maybe we should require potential new signings to undergo a set of proper psychological screening tests?

What about our own players moving up through the ranks?

Or do we simply rely on media reports and or our own assumptions (I exclude convicted axe murderers, wife bashers, and alcoholics) based on bad behaviour after the fact, after they are signed.

Where does it begin and where does it end?

I think it is obvious that we need to have monthly psychological exams because mental health issues can show up at any time. It keeps me awake at night knowing that one of the boys could be allowed to stay in the church, I mean team if he's not squeeky clean

why? its not like you cant, and dont, put clauses in contracts that means you dont pay them millions of dollars if they screw up.

like with Dugan, signing him wouldve been win-win for the club. we either get a great player, or he screws up and we say "we gave him a second chance, he blew it" and we cut him along with his contract.

i seriously cant believe people still seem to get stuck up on the "if he screws up we'll be millions out of pocket" thing.

Unread

Active Now

• MaroubraBroncos
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • mystico
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.