[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Good point draggx, that's the positive side of things.

I never said anything about not signing Barba so let's drop this presumptuous juvenile behaviour yeah? All I'm saying is that we should be weary and not just throw stacks of cash without thinking it through.

Good point draggx, that's the positive side of things.

I never said anything about not signing Barba so let's drop this presumptuous juvenile behaviour yeah? All I'm saying is that we should be weary and not just throw stacks of cash without thinking it through.

Oh cmon pete I'm just joking mate. I wasn't having a go, it's just it's friday and I was trying to have a laugh :)

Without a doubt but what I am saying is the assumption that we should sign players regardless of their off filed behavior and just put clauses in the contract is stupid IMO.
all contracts have behaviour clauses, thats why dugan got his contract torn up by the raiders.

LOL thats hilarious that you actually write "merkin". Thats so LU of you.

I did it on purpose penny.......relieving my LU days here ....since I am no longer able to post there any more.

It starts when they have a high profile meltdown.

From reports, Barba is very close with Aaron and obviously he's been mimicing his past behaviour. Seriously, where were you guys when Barba's dopey antics came out?

It's not only the rumours that abound the back dunnys of the Bulldogs leagues club that concern me.

His on field demeanour leaves a lot to be desired lately as well.

I've seen him tearing strips off some of his team mates when an error has been committed.

I think he's poisonous....... and his team attitude sucks.

Last edited:
LOL, you overreact sometimes!

For the record, my brother completely fried his brain with LSD as a teenager, lives on an invalid pension in public housing and has done for over 30 years, still believes he's an interpol agent fighting organised crime and that he's the reincarnation of Jesus Christ....

Judging me on his example would be ludicrous.

Hence you can probably work out my comment about Aaron and Ben was simply to have a dig at Aaron, and was completely not serious.

FFS. LOL

Wait, is this for real? Your brother believes that?

Wait, is this for real? Your brother believes that?

Yes, I wasn't joking. That really is the mental state of my brother. Paranoid schizophrenic, brought on by damage to his brain caused by illicit drug use and overdose.

I did it on purpose penny.......relieving my LU days here ....since I am no longer able to post there any more.
Wot? WTF did you do to get kicked out of LU... It must have been outrages! :scared:

im not seeing your argument then?

we sign someone and if they screw up we tear up their contract, no skin off our back. they dont screw up, we get a great player.

win-win.

I think the philosophy is if there's a high risk they'll stuff up then we've wasted time, money, and a season banking on them when we could've got some mythical choir boy superstar that was also out there...

im not seeing your argument then?

we sign someone and if they screw up we tear up their contract, no skin off our back. they dont screw up, we get a great player.

win-win.
Dugan screwed up while in the process of negotiating the contract with Broncos.
Within a couple of months of signing with the Dragons, he has already shown he is unable to abide by the club's rules, by doing on a bender two nights in a row.

I don't know if you have ever played team sports in any serious capacity, but if you have, surely you understand how poisonous a single individual can be on the collective, especially if and when it begins to influence the youth and rookies who may be attracted to the "wild side"...

Dugan screwed up while in the process of negotiating the contract with Broncos.
Within a couple of months of signing with the Dragons, he has already shown he is unable to abide by the club's rules, by doing on a bender two nights in a row.
well he only "screwed up" re: broncos signing if you want him to be a choir boy. i dont care what he writes on his instagram, and why should i? hes a football player.

as for the dragons, well he hasnt broken any laws unlike old mate fergo possibly has, and i havent seen him being disciplined by the dragons, so he obviously didnt break any of theirs, so again.....problem? hes also shown in the few months hes been there that hes capable of dominating matches and playing fantastic football. good thing we didnt sign him hey!

Last edited:
Interesting to see you didn't answer the second part of my post, speaks volumes!

I don't know if you have ever played team sports in any serious capacity, but if you have, surely you understand how poisonous a single individual can be on the collective, especially if and when it begins to influence the youth and rookies who may be attracted to the "wild side"...

^^^^This .......is my major concern with signing Ben Barba

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.