[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Peter Wallace is a great team player.

Just saying.
tumblr_mbzxt23X8c1r3zat8.jpg

When I suggested Sam Tomkins over Barba, I got laughed at (and it hurt my feelings very much). Now people aren't even sure about Barba? Looks like the whole negativity of the team is starting to rub off on it's fans. We need to take a chance, take a chance on me, take a chance take a chance.

Interesting to see you didn't answer the second part of my post, speaks volumes!
not really.

ive never played high level team sports, no. ive played numerous social competitions, including 4 oztag competitions over 10 years and indoor soccer for 5-6 years. ive had numerous people that didnt care, didnt turn up when they said they would, or just flat out didnt play with the team and we were worse off with them. whatd we do? didnt invite them back the next season - which is exactly what the broncos couldve done. they couldve even done it as soon as dugan started causing trouble.

again, win-win.

When I suggested Sam Tomkins over Barba, I got laughed at (and it hurt my feelings very much). Now people aren't even sure about Barba? Looks like the whole negativity of the team is starting to rub off on it's fans. We need to take a chance, take a chance on me, take a chance take a chance.

Keep quoting ABBA songs and someone will hurt more than just your feelings........:tongue_smilie:

What is the downside of Barba? People say he could create a bad team environment and cause us to lose, but Griffin has already done that anyway.

Fucking sign Ben Barba. Or Sam Tomkins like Alec suggest. But preferably Barba, because I have lots of confidence backing Tomkins for top tryscorer in a Warriors team, but none if he's in our team.

Keep quoting ABBA songs and someone will hurt more than just your feelings........:tongue_smilie:

Well I guess whether or not we sign Barba is kind of like our own Waterloo. But frankly, I still think White needs to Ring, Ring, Give Barba's manager a call and show him the money, money, money, because truth be told, the Winner Takes It All, and without Barba, we aren't going to be winners.

Now I know some think that to do this is a bit of an SOS, but do I think we should do it? I do, I do, I do, I do, I do. Besides, it's not like we are signing some Dancing Queen like Jamie Soward, it's Ben Barba! He's a Super Trouper. Offer him to us and I say Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!

Last edited:
Some players bad attitudes are like a cancer to a club. Ari has a point about Hook though. I think we probably could have still taken Dugan. Like it or not Rugby League is a business and yes that business is winning footy but there are also other matters to worry about. I do wish the club would worry a bit more about the footy side of it.

I think this thread should be locked until the issue is sorted one way or another ... some of you blokes are just going around in circles

I have no issues with signing Barba, and give him a chance to start afresh, in the same way I didn't have an issue with Dugan coming to us for the same reason and under the same conditions, until he went full retard during contract negotiations, and did exactly what he ended up being fired for at Canberra.Tells me, he can't be trusted to keep his shit together under any circumstances.

@Coxy. I was wrong, you didn't miss the point, you didn't even know it was there! :finger:

not really.

ive never played high level team sports, no. ive played numerous social competitions, including 4 oztag competitions over 10 years and indoor soccer for 5-6 years. ive had numerous people that didnt care, didnt turn up when they said they would, or just flat out didnt play with the team and we were worse off with them. whatd we do? didnt invite them back the next season - which is exactly what the broncos couldve done. they couldve even done it as soon as dugan started causing trouble.

again, win-win.
Problem is, there is a good chance Dugan could take others down with him... Look at Ferguson at the Raiders for the most recent example.

At another level, the damage it can do to the club's image and sponsorship must be taken into account.
You may not care about that, but many people with different moral standards to yours do. I for one, do not put a chance at a premiership above what the Broncos are about!

You really can't have the cake and eat it too.

There's been very little about barbs issues since the initial thing so I would assume he has overcome the majority of them.

Porthoz, I don't get it, one minute you want Barba, and now you don't?

Porthoz, I don't get it, one minute you want Barba, and now you don't?
I want Barba. He may have baggage, but he's certainly worth the gamble under certain conditions, and the change of club may help him get his act together, which in turn, would deliver us an awesome weapon and X-factor we so sorely have been lacking.

I wanted Dugan for the above reasons, until he showed he can't trusted by going full retard doing contract negotiations, at which point I support the club's stance of telling him to **** off.

I honestly cannot believe the direction this thread has taken.

As Oscar Wilde said : “The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.”

Or perhaps Aristotle (a Greek full back and part time philosopher) "“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.”

In simplest terms, one major premise in this thread is that if we sign a "genius" with elements of "madness" in his personality, the whole team will go down the road of madness?

Seriously? That doesn't say much about the team, coach, coaching staff, club management and on and on.

With rare exceptions, all truly great creative people have some elements of their personality which are different to the ordinary, and most of those elements allow them to "see" what most others can't: opportunities, and how to make and take them.

That is why people like Dugan, Barba e.g. need to be cut a little slack, but with the watchful eyes of a caring management ready to support instead of condemn

Well I guess whether or not we sign Barba is kind of like our own Waterloo. But frankly, I still think White needs to Ring, Ring, Give Barba's manager a call and show him the money, money, money, because truth be told, the Winner Takes It All, and without Barba, we aren't going to be winners.

Now I know some think that to do this is a bit of an SOS, but do I think we should do it? I do, I do, I do, I do, I do. Besides, it's not like we are signing some Dancing Queen like Jamie Soward, it's Ben Barba! He's a Super Trouper. Offer him to us and I say Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!

I'd just wanted to let you know that I clicked like for this post........just so I could click unlike. :winky:

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • spanky
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.