[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

I honestly cannot believe the direction this thread has taken.

As Oscar Wilde said : “The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.”

Or perhaps Aristotle (a Greek full back and part time philosopher) "“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.”

In simplest terms, one major premise in this thread is that if we sign a "genius" with elements of "madness" in his personality, the whole team will go down the road of madness?

Seriously? That doesn't say much about the team, coach, coaching staff, club management and on and on.

With rare exceptions, all truly great creative people have some elements of their personality which are different to the ordinary, and most of those elements allow them to "see" what most others can't: opportunities, and how to make and take them.

That is why people like Dugan, Barba e.g. need to be cut a little slack, but with the watchful eyes of a caring management ready to support instead of condemn

Have a look at the Bulldogs .....they don't look like a bunch of happy campers to me

and performance wise, just how are last years grand finalists shaping up?

Same song and dance everytime.

Everybody gets excited because finally the Broncos are being linked with somebody who can slice teams up on any surface of the field. They're so excited they're already planning their banners, coming up with marketing promotions, they got their avatars ready and of course that one photoshop picture of said player in a Broncos jersey.

Then the needle jumps off the record when somebody has the gall to ask...

'What's the catch?'.

Aw no, now you just took a giant dump in their star signing sandwich. Now they're calling you a priest and coming up with past examples and contracts that can be used against Barba.

Nevermind that the last time they lost their shit when the club rightfully chose not to continue their negotiations when the potential signing breached the behavioural guidelines - amidst negotiations!

Look, I believe everybody (except that one wanker who wants to prove me wrong for the sake of it, yes you, now go off and post a silly meme about it) wants Barba here. However, every facet should be weighed up. I'm sure the Broncos have and they're happy to continue but it'd be silly to ignore it. Ignorance is only bliss until somebody shits the bed and then it just stinks.

I just think we need to take risks in order to get back to the top. We've been passive and careful, and it just making us worse. We have an opportunity to sign one of the best attacking players in the game who might have issues off the field. I say sign him and give him all the help and support he needs. Maybe having kids will make him grow up a bit too.

Have a look at the Bulldogs .....they don't look like a bunch of happy campers to me

and performance wise, just how are last years grand finalists shaping up?

Well, if the rot, if that's what you mean, and that is their reality, is due to Barba, and supporting him hasn't worked, then he gets the axe.

Unless it's a lot more complicated than Barba, which I suspect it is

EDIT: Please do not discuss reporting of posts in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you be more specific....? I'm not sure if you're talking about me or not

I might click the report button anyway as a pre-emptive strike just in case.........
Was it the "silly meme" that gave it away? :tongue_smilie:

EDIT: Please do not discuss reporting of posts in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sick to death of this fucking trend. For god sake make the Broncos make an announcement or bury this dead.

I am sick to death of this fucking trend. For god sake make the Broncos make an announcement or bury this dead.
They can't, they have to remain silent. IF they're in negotiations, they're not legally allowed to according to NRL rules because he's under contract so there's no way they can say anything about this. They could say they're not chasing Barba but that would just annoy the fan base further.

I'm buying a red carpet and gonna lay it out from the Airport all the way to Red Hill.

Then I'm going to roll Norman up in it, and shove him in the luggage compartment all the way to NSW. Hopefully Barba signs too.

I just don't see this happening.

We are all way to certain over something that is completely and utterly speculation, filled with 'ifs' and 'buts'.

If this is relying on Folau going to the bulldogs, write it off now. Folau is going nowhere, union are going to dig their claws into their new poster boy.

I just don't see this happening.

We are all way to certain over something that is completely and utterly speculation, filled with 'ifs' and 'buts'.

If this is relying on Folau going to the bulldogs, write it off now. Folau is going nowhere, union are going to dig their claws into their new poster boy.

Whatever mate, I'm going to continue praying each night to the gods of Rugby League that it happens and that they throw in a couple more superstars to go with him. I'm also willing to offer our entire spine 1,6,7 & 9, as a blood sacrifice if need be. Take your negativity elsewhere kind sir ;)

Edit: Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Can't say why :thumbup1:

FWIW, it's good news but that's all I'll say publicly.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.