[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

why? its not like you cant, and dont, put clauses in contracts that means you dont pay them millions of dollars if they screw up.

like with Dugan, signing him wouldve been win-win for the club. we either get a great player, or he screws up and we say "we gave him a second chance, he blew it" and we cut him along with his contract.

i seriously cant believe people still seem to get stuck up on the "if he screws up we'll be millions out of pocket" thing.

Sometimes I think you live in fantasy land. I am sure players are happy to sign contracts with clauses in them for when they screw up.

Sometimes I think you live in fantasy land. I am sure players are happy to sign contracts with clauses in them for when they screw up.

If the player doesn't want to sign with a 'screw up' clause, chances are the bloke doesn't think he can stay clean so **** him.

If the player doesn't want to sign with a 'screw up' clause, chances are the bloke doesn't think he can stay clean so **** him.

Without a doubt but what I am saying is the assumption that we should sign players regardless of their off filed behavior and just put clauses in the contract is stupid IMO.

So we just judge everyone via there family do we. This is probably an over share but two of my cousins are currently in jail for some dodgy **** the did and some drugs charges, they are basically complete ****ups... So I guess I had better go tell my boss to fire me because some of my family are ****s... I understnd I'm probably no longer welcome here, I mean imagine the affect it could have to the fabric of BHQ if my family's **** rubbed off on some of you guys
You, clearly, don't know the Barbas.

And on that point, do you know why Aaron was so disliked? And why there's a parallel to him and Ben?

Your analogy has no basis here. If, in your scenario, you started to go down a similar path to your cousins but had not gotten there yet, then perhaps it would be apt.

On that point though, of signing someone who has baggage, it depends on what you value the most. Integrity, or winning. Most top players are ***** and have some sort of baggage, but you have to remember you're running a sporting team first, you put the best players you can out on the field within reason.

Something Leigh Matthews said a while ago still sticks with me, along the lines of I don't care if he's a serial killer in his own time, as long as he performs for me on the field. Now, that may not in its entirety be the best overall perspective, but it gives you food for thought - and it also clearly didn't hamper Matthews either.

Last edited:
You, clearly, don't know the Barbas.

And on that point, do you know why Aaron was so disliked? And why there's a parallel to him and Ben?

Your analogy has no basis here. If, in your scenario, you started to go down a similar path to your cousins but had not gotten there yet, then perhaps it would be apt.

How has Ben gone down the same path though?

Can we leave the rest of the Barba family out of it? We are judging him on him are we not?

Aaron seemed to like drinking and thinking he was top shit, got himself into some strife a few times with his lippy mouth. Ben isn't following the same path?

This isn't just, i'm a footballer type arrogance, it's the arrogance of being used to being a big fish in a small pond and then moving into the real world ... except Ben has now won the dally m and is an established football - his small pond is now half of the eastern coast.

Aaron seemed to like drinking and thinking he was top ****, got himself into some strife a few times with his lippy mouth. Ben isn't following the same path?

This isn't just, i'm a footballer type arrogance, it's the arrogance of being used to being a big fish in a small pond and then moving into the real world ... except Ben has now won the dally m and is an established football - his small pond is now half of the eastern coast.

I could give a **** about someone's family. But that's your opinion and I don't know aaron barba so lets just leave it

Fair enough. FWIW I agree with you that you shouldn't judge someone from their last name, but yeah, I think there's more to it then that.

If it means anything, I'd still sign him though.

So we just judge everyone via there family do we. This is probably an over share but two of my cousins are currently in jail for some dodgy shit the did and some drugs charges, they are basically complete fuckups... So I guess I had better go tell my boss to fire me because some of my family are *****... I understnd I'm probably no longer welcome here, I mean imagine the affect it could have to the fabric of BHQ if my family's shit rubbed off on some of you guys
Ah! This explains a lot... :001_tt2:

So we just judge everyone via there family do we. This is probably an over share but two of my cousins are currently in jail for some dodgy **** the did and some drugs charges, they are basically complete ****ups... So I guess I had better go tell my boss to fire me because some of my family are ****s... I understnd I'm probably no longer welcome here, I mean imagine the affect it could have to the fabric of BHQ if my family's **** rubbed off on some of you guys

LOL, you overreact sometimes!

For the record, my brother completely fried his brain with LSD as a teenager, lives on an invalid pension in public housing and has done for over 30 years, still believes he's an interpol agent fighting organised crime and that he's the reincarnation of Jesus Christ....

Judging me on his example would be ludicrous.

Hence you can probably work out my comment about Aaron and Ben was simply to have a dig at Aaron, and was completely not serious.

FFS. LOL

LOL, you overreact sometimes!

For the record, my brother completely fried his brain with LSD as a teenager, lives on an invalid pension in public housing and has done for over 30 years, still believes he's an interpol agent fighting organised crime and that he's the reincarnation of Jesus Christ....

Judging me on his example would be ludicrous.

Hence you can probably work out my comment about Aaron and Ben was simply to have a dig at Aaron, and was completely not serious.

FFS. LOL

i wasnt over reacting i was having joke and trying to point out how ridiculous it sounds to judge someone by their family. My post wasnt directed at you I just reply to your post cos it was summing up my thoughts

rnabokov said:
Where does it begin and where does it end?

It starts when they have a high profile meltdown.

From reports, Barba is very close with Aaron and obviously he's been mimicing his past behaviour. Seriously, where were you guys when Barba's dopey antics came out?

From reports, Barba is very close with Aaron and obviously he's been mimicing his past behaviour. Seriously, where were you guys when Barba's dopey antics came out?

So probably best not to sign anyone just to be safe yeah? I mean who knows what might happen to them or what antics they may get up to. After all, we are doing well with what we've got, right?

Applauding the fact he went to rehab before it got extreme, he showed the ability to recognize where he was going and did something about it.

Unread

Active Now

• Astro
  • cento
  • Skathen
  • Pablo
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.