[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

there are still problems at the Dogs so he might still get cut loose

folau wont be back in league until hes 29-30 IMO :(. he'll come back for one big payday when hes already a multi-multi-millionaire from union, as opposed to the multi-millionaire he is from AFL.

The Folau theory doesn't make sense.

Either Barba has asked for a release and the Dogs have said yes, conditional on us signing Folau next year OR the Dogs are actively shopping for a replacement for Barba because of his rumoured issues with the club.

In either case, as the Bulldogs, why tie yourself to a player that either you don't want or that doesn't want to be there?

I'm pretty sure if Barba wants out of the Dogs he'll be set free.

Regardless of whether I$$y signs with them or not.

folau wont be back in league until hes 29-30 IMO :(. he'll come back for one big payday when hes already a multi-multi-millionaire from union, as opposed to the multi-millionaire he is from AFL.

Less the tithe to the Mormon church.

The real issue is that no one knows who will be coaching next season. Why would Barba or anyone sign not knowing who is steering the ship ? The club needs to act if in fact they are trying to lure a superstar here. Either get rid of Hook or come out and cement his position.

I think the longer Folau signing drags on will be because the NRL is investigating top up marquee player payments. If he goes to Union it will be announced pretty quickly I would assume.

The Folau theory doesn't make sense.

Either Barba has asked for a release and the Dogs have said yes, conditional on us signing Folau next year OR the Dogs are actively shopping for a replacement for Barba because of his rumoured issues with the club.

In either case, as the Bulldogs, why tie yourself to a player that either you don't want or that doesn't want to be there?
I have a feeling Greenberg thought he could heal the fractures but rumour is there is still a problem in the Doghouse.
Confusion reigns.
Anyway the more fuel to the rumour gives us more to speculate about and keep our hopes up for longer

Maybe its just me but Barba this year hasn't been as impressive in defence, if a semi-big player broke the line with speed and was just against barba im sure he'd back himself to go over...

Then again not everyone can be Greg Inglis.

Fullbacks aren't really noted for defence but Barba has improved defensively since Hasler took over and is more willing to put his body on the line then he was before 2012 and I've seen him come up with some really good try-savers over the last year and a bit. His defence isn't the best but it beats the shit out of Norman's.

i think the barba thing seriously boils down to 1 thing - what his ex does.

if she comes up here, he'll come up here. the bulldogs wont stand in his way, its against their best interests. if she stays, he stays.

The real issue is that no one knows who will be coaching next season. Why would Barba or anyone sign not knowing who is steering the ship ? The club needs to act if in fact they are trying to lure a superstar here. Either get rid of Hook or come out and cement his position.

Which they have

theres more going on at the dogs. if he wants out he will get it.

a few player fallouts doesnt help a team play as a team.

I get the feeling, Brisbane coming out and saying Hook will be coaching next year is a sure sign that Barba and any other recruits are coming.

Barba probably wanted confirmation of who will be coaching next year and Brisbane have gone public to assure him Hook will be in charge.

I get the feeling, Brisbane coming out and saying Hook will be coaching next year is a sure sign that Barba and any other recruits are coming.

Barba probably wanted confirmation of who will be coaching next year and Brisbane have gone public to assure him Hook will be in charge.

I think you're right there.

No player would want to come to a club that has uncertainty over the coaches future.

That's not a bad theory actually.

I think you're believing something which isn't there. Honestly I can't see that theory being true BUT I would love for you to be right.

Broncos fans are miserable at the moment, we have a bleak future and have had the worst year (going back a full 12 months) in a very long time and in the first time ever in our history we lack a genuine superstar since Lockyer retired.

Signing Barba would be a huge boost to the club, the fan base, future signings and on field talent. It would be excellent. Now someone offer Barba's ex partner the job of her dreams, who's the guy who wanted to buy the Broncos? Get him to offer her an amazing job.

If Barba comes does anyone think we can give him a run in the halves in a trial or a game against weak opposition to see if he makes any difference, he has played in the halves before.

Unread

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Dexter
  • I bleed Maroon
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • BooKhaki
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Big Del
  • Alec
  • bazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.