[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Yep, he knows when to pass and when to run, he's 10 levels above Norman, actually 15 because Norman is in the negatives.

Not only does he know when to pass, he can also pass well !!

Some of the longer cut-out passes he threw yesterday were awesome.

I think he could quite possibly be still developing as a ballplayer (ala Slater)

We need him here !!

We need him but it has to be for a right price, I think even a million is too high given his standing in the game. 700-800k would be fair. Barba won't solve all our problems, we still need a very good half and if we sign Barba for too much then we won't be able to afford a very good half to play alongside Barba.

We need him but it has to be for a right price, I think even a million is too high given his standing in the game. 700-800k would be fair. Barba won't solve all our problems, we still need a very good half and if we sign Barba for too much then we won't be able to afford a very good half to play alongside Barba.
And yet, you were ready to put a million/year on the table for Tomkins. :scared:

I thought the mil a year for Tomkins was the transfer fee. As in he has 2 years on his contract 2mil transfer fee and then the player wages. Therefore not included in cap. I think barbs is worth how ever much would leave us with enough for cam smith. Then we would have no problems even with our coach.

Strawman and you know it.

Tomkins is unproven in NRL and at one stage, we were willing to sign Dugan, so "standing in the game" hasn't got much to do with it.

Remind me again why it's a strawman?

Tomkins is unproven in NRL and at one stage, we were willing to sign Dugan, so "standing in the game" hasn't got much to do with it.

Remind me again why it's a strawman?
Because my argument wasn't 1 million under the cap. Paying 1 million and paying 1 million under the cap are huge differences.

Question asked on twitter to rlw mole; "should Broncos fans be nervous about Barba to Broncos, is been a while have heard anything.

Answer: yes ... things are changing.

it was truely about being closer to his kids, the only way things would change would if his ex doesn't move back to QLD.

it is solely about money, that's a different story.

Fair dinkum we can't sign anybody.

**** the mole annoys me, he does this shit all the time.

"Yes definitely happening"
"Yes stop asking gonna happen"
Next minute
"Not happening, things change bro."

****!

Who can blame him, who'd want to play under a piece of shit coach like Griffin?

PS. I haven’t given up hope that we will sign him I just wanted to tell everyone that I think Griffin is a piece of shit, which he is, a big steaming pile of “turned our beloved team into a bottom-four side” shit!

Last edited:
Well, things do change. He's a young guy and circumstances change which will make him change his mind. I was never 100% confident this was going to happen, the Bulldogs are going to fight hard against him so unless he absolutely wants to come then he's not going to fight hard enough to get out of his contract.

Am I right that from memory, I read somewhere (not moles etc) that Gee or Broncos Management have been or are, in discussions with Barba and/or his management?

Or is all there is to this rumour some twit twittering like a budgie on speed or the smell of Kasiano's jock strap??

Why are people so quick to believe everything the Mole says?

He's a rumour mongerer! Of course he's going to report more BS but most of it is second hand information or simply him putting two and two together.

The club is never and should never air any of their dealings in public.

Why are people so quick to believe everything the Mole says?

Since I'm the only one on here without a source inside the Broncos, he's the closest thing I have to a source. :tongue_smilie:

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.