[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

no surprise.

i got nothing but hope for a miracle now but i just dont think barbas coming.

Bullet dodged, in my opinion. Wouldn't want to actually waste any of that cap money, anyway. This way we can give Wallace, Macca, and company raises so they don't get poached. I bet other clubs are banging their doors down.

Bullet dodged, in my opinion. Wouldn't want to actually waste any of that cap money, anyway. This way we can give Wallace, Macca, and company raises so they don't get poached. I bet other clubs are banging their doors down.

Maranta too - It's gonna take close to half a mil to keep him

its probably for the best anwzy. Corey Norman has set the bar so high that Barba would never be able to live up to our expectations.

Aww well, at least we can say that our club was used as a bargaining tool to get a pay rise for Ben Barba.

To be honest I've kindof had enough of players who think our club isn't good enough to come to because times are a little tough at the moment, for me they are not really worth worrying about anyway.

If he doesn't want to come and play for the Broncs then thats fine, we want players to come here because they want to be part of the club not to just because we have enough cap room, or because we are their only option or because of the money. Stuff em!!!! Bring somebody through who wants to be here.

*EDIT*

The biggest problem I've seen since the big tv deal is all these bloody big headed players now think they are bigger than the clubs and the NRL itself.

Last edited:
It's been said before but on Triple M this morning, Matty Johns said if Folau is at the dogs next year, Barba will definitely be at the Broncos!

Folau was in a box at origin last night with Greenberg, so there may still be hope!

To be honest I've kindof had enough of players who think our club isn't good enough to come to because times are a little tough at the moment, for me they are not really worth worrying about anyway.

If he doesn't want to come and play for the Broncs then thats fine, we want players to come here because they want to be part of the club not to just because we have enough cap room, or because we are their only option or because of the money. Stuff em!!!! Bring somebody through who wants to be here.

*EDIT*

The biggest problem I've seen since the big tv deal is all these bloody big headed players now think they are bigger than the clubs and the NRL itself.

it's nothing to do with the broncos per se, it's the personnel currently running the show at the broncos that has prospective players thinking twice about coming here ...

Does the reverse hold true - if Barba is at the Dogs, does that mean Folau will be at the Broncs? 'Cause I'll take that.
I wouldn't, he firstly won't sign long term so he'll most likely sign for a year or two and then take the next best offer. He'd just ruin our squad again and won't stick around.

Does the reverse hold true - if Barba is at the Dogs, does that mean Folau will be at the Broncs? 'Cause I'll take that.

Nice ploy. Get Folau to see what he's been missing. I can't contemplate anybody watching the game last night and thinking 'nah, I don't really want to be playing in that contest'.

Nice ploy. Get Folau to see what he's been missing. I can't contemplate anybody watching the game last night and thinking 'nah, I don't really want to be playing in that contest'.

He's probably thinking "I want to be in that contest, but I'm happy with my $1M a week".

From what we have seen in the past, money definitely speaks to Folau. So if Rugby really want him, they'll get him.

Well looks like my information might be right after all. Barba asked for a release and Bulldogs denied him, could be what Moley means by him not being happy.

If push comes to shove I think Barba will get his way sometime in the off season.

Active Now

• scobie
  • Stix
  • Howie
  • Skyblues87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • MrTickyMcG
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.