[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Well looks like my information might be right after all. Barba asked for a release and Bulldogs denied him, could be what Moley means by him not being happy.

If push comes to shove I think Barba will get his way sometime in the off season.

If I'm Des Hasler, I don't want to have a player on my roster that is being forced to play for me. I'd rather not have that player at all, despite their immense talent, and have a squad that is 100% happy to be playing for me.

If I'm Des Hasler, I don't want to have a player on my roster that is being forced to play for me. I'd rather not have that player at all, despite their immense talent, and have a squad that is 100% happy to be playing for me.

I 100% agree with this. If barba really isn't happy and is making that known it is ludicrous to make him stay. Especially at this point. I mean origin is over, he is no chance of playing for Australia this year and he hates his club... There is no motivation for him to apply himself or try. This is a silly move by the bulldogs and one that surprises me from des

How much weight are we putting into the Moles word?

I think he is trying to get us back on topic

I know mate, I was continuing the discussion.

IMO 'the mole' knows **** all. He's just some dickhead reporter that hears the same sort of shit that most reporters would, and make a guess/assumption based on that. All his 'breaking' stories are 50/50 assumptions and if his call doesn't come through he just says '"things change"

IMO he would have no idea what will happen with barba. He would have heard he asked for a realise and was denied, so it's safe to assume he would be pissed about that, hence "barba is staying now - and he's not happy" or whatever it was he posted

lol why would you think 'the mole' is anything else but any other reporter? for the record the mole is tony adams from RLW.

lol why would you think 'the mole' is anything else but any other reporter? for the record the mole is tony adams from RLW.

I know that. I just think he's a wanker and I don't like the way he carries on like he knows more than anyone else. If you are going to make huge claims and accept all he's followers accolades when the come to fruition, then man up and say you were just assuming when the don't. 'Things change bro' is the biggest cop out going

Sadly, as long as there are suckers around like us to believe he has some sort of inside word (based on forlorn hope rather than something of substance), these guys will continue to be relevant.

So I'm hearing ben is heaps keen to move to QLD. I don't know anything about a brisbane deal but I have mutual friends with Benny who suggest he may spit the dummy if his misso goes without him. The bulldogs have come out and said he won't be going anywhere but its hard to imagine a team holding on to a player of his calibre who really doesn't want to be there.

I will try to get more details from my source...and see if they can find him a nice rooftop, a camera phone, and a couple cruisers. EBC!

Last edited:
From Sportals Lurker (no more credible than the mole but...)

"Barba hoping for move north
Ben Barba continues to work on repairing his life away from football. One of my spies spotted the Dally M champ shopping at Caringbah Woolies recently with his two beautiful little daughters. It's those two youngsters that have Barba wanting to get a release from his Bulldogs deal to move to the Broncos. Barba's former partner is set to relocate to Queensland, with the Dally M Medallist keen to join them. But the Bulldogs have decided against releasing Barba on compassionate grounds … and the star fullback is far from happy."

So the club that claims to be "THE FAMILY CLUB" refuses to release a play on compassionate grounds so he can be with his kids. I think they should stop using that slogan

I can sort of understand them not wanting to release him. He's their star player, the fans love him and he signed a contract. The contracts are all becoming a bit of a joke too. I guess they might be thinking that he'll get over it too, it's not like he's just going to play bad on purpose.

I hope they do release him though.

I understand that they don't want to release him, but i reckon 90% off the time clubs will release players who no longer want to be there, especially if its not just about more money (although he would get more at the Broncos). they will now have to be very careful about his off field problems as well, especially if he is an unhappy player.

From an NRL fan perspective, I think it's good what the Dogs are doing.

Players have too much power these days because a club lets them. Whenever someone is unhappy, it's basically welp can't keep an unhappy player, release him! It works because the players and managers know it will work, so it becomes a vicious circle.

Ben can't exactly go awol or start throwing intercepts, it would effect his value as a player and the wage he could ask for, so he either makes himself look like a total **** and not a team player (not a good thing in team sports), or he effectively knuckles down and waits it out until Bulldogs have a replacement.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.