[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Hasler won't make call on Barba release - NRL.com

"Hasler admitted the situation regarding Barba was a week-to-week proposition, but confirmed that despite talks the 23-year-old had not yet sought out a release.
Asked if he would consider granting Barba a release should he want out, Hasler said:
"It's not my call.
"I imagine that would be (a decision for) the board and the administration."

Fella, please PM me as a matter of urgency. I need further information before 19.00 hours tonite in relation to the intel you just posted this afternoon.

Thank you in advance.

Congratulations Anthony. You have MADE some bold decisions in the TEAM list today. Can you SHARE with us what norman's reaction was when he LEARNT he had been dropped?

Are you looking forward TO the chat tonight?

Congratulations Anthony. You have MADE some bold decisions in the TEAM list today. Can you SHARE with us what norman's reaction was when he LEARNT he had been dropped?

Are you looking forward TO the chat tonight?

Hello fella, I have jsut taken the opportunity to quickly type up a brief summary from an article in our local rag received this afternoon. Once I get back from training, I will try to work out how to scan the full article into the computer - and then submit a posting onto BHQ.

"Broncos coach Anthony Griffin today made one of the boldest calls of his long coaching career - demoting start fullback Corey Norman to the Norths Devils team in the Qld Intrust Super Cup competition. With his team facing an monumental task to reach semi-finals football in 2013, Griffin finally made the call many fans had been urging him to make since Norman announced he was leaving the team to join the Parramatta Eels in 2014. Although both Griffin and Norman have enjoyed a wonderful partnership ever since the Broncos under 20's team reached a grand final play-off in 2008 against Canberra, Griffin came to the conclusion he had no other choice but to bow to pressure from fans. When asked how he felt after speaking with Norman privately late yesterday afternoon to inform him of the demotion, Griffin said whilst bitterly disappointed, Norman still took the news "like the real man that he is". Griffin expects Norman to "bounce back quickly and make a real statement" on the weekend with the aim of forcing his way back into the top grade".

Norman was philosophical about the news, stating "Hook has been there for me like a real dad and I owe him so much. If he thinks this is the right thing to do, then so do I".

Hello fella, I have jsut taken the opportunity to quickly type up a brief summary from an article in our local rag received this afternoon. Once I get back from training, I will try to work out how to scan the full article into the computer - and then submit a posting onto BHQ.

"Broncos coach Anthony Griffin today made one of the boldest calls of his long coaching career - demoting start fullback Corey Norman to the Norths Devils team in the Qld Intrust Super Cup competition. With his team facing an monumental task to reach semi-finals football in 2013, Griffin finally made the call many fans had been urging him to make since Norman announced he was leaving the team to join the Parramatta Eels in 2014. Although both Griffin and Norman have enjoyed a wonderful partnership ever since the Broncos under 20's team reached a grand final play-off in 2008 against Canberra, Griffin came to the conclusion he had no other choice but to bow to pressure from fans. When asked how he felt after speaking with Norman privately late yesterday afternoon to inform him of the demotion, Griffin said whilst bitterly disappointed, Norman still took the news "like the real man that he is". Griffin expects Norman to "bounce back quickly and make a real statement" on the weekend with the aim of forcing his way back into the top grade".

Norman was philosophical about the news, stating "Hook has been there for me like a real dad and I owe him so much. If he thinks this is the right thing to do, then so do I".

Thanks for THIS. It is great to get this kind of insight straight from the source. Obviously you and normy dont share the same de facto father/son RELATIONSHIP as benny and boyd, as I'm sure we would be stuck with him forever if that were the case.

Once again thanks for this and I look forward to speaking to you tonight fella

He wasn't in the 2008 U20 team as far as i can recall

I wonder if the Dogs refusal to give Barba a release is because they feel they'll collapse on field without him or its just to spite us.

I dont think it would be to spite us specifically, I'd say most clubs would not been keen to release one of their match winners to just freely walk into another NRL club.

If he was going to England then that's a different story.

trust me they will be doing everything they can to make him "happy" again, if it is true that he is "unhappy".

I wonder if the Dogs refusal to give Barba a release is because they feel they'll collapse on field without him or its just to spite us.

Spite? Really?

Any club is going to anything they can to keep one of their best players who is under contract even if they do want a release from the club.

Anyone thinking Bulldogs/Hasler/Greenberg etc are being unfair about this is laughable.

Imagine the outrage on here if a few years back Lockyer asked for a release because his family wanted to move to Sydney and he was granted it no questions asked, there would have been rioting on the street.

It depends. If they're working with Ben so that he can get more time to come to QLD and spend time with his family, and keep him happy at the Bulldogs, then that's entirely appropriate.

If they're just saying "tough shit, you signed a contract, we're not letting you go" then that's just being spiteful.

I'm certain it'd be the former.

I would think so. And fair enough too. Apart from his value on the field, he's hot property off it in terms of marketing and promotion. You'd be an absolute fool not to do what you can to keep him happy and at the club.

As I indicated above, I'm sure it's not a "no, you're never leaving until the contract is finished, muahahaha" type of scenario, but rather "no, we're not releasing you now, but what can we do to make it work".

I'd be pretty sure if they can't come to a compromise that Ben is happy with then the club will relent and let him go, but anyone who is critical of the Bulldogs not just rolling over and letting him go is nuts.

If they're just saying "tough shit, you signed a contract, we're not letting you go" then that's just being spiteful.

Spiteful to the player maybe, not to the Broncos which was the comment being made.

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wild Horse
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.