[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

A

austyphoon

NYC Player
May 26, 2013
The reporter doing the story then revealed that they were still in negotiations with Folau - so clearly Seven news has NFI what's going on, but we probably already knew that.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

THE NRL can forget about luring back Israel Folau after the superstar agreed to terms with the Waratahs.Folau is understood to have extended his tenure at NSW by two years, and once the ARU top-up component of his deal is settled it will be publicised.
Folau, who was on Thursday night rubbing shoulders with other football heavies including NRL types at the subscription television ASTRA Awards, will become one of the highest paid rugby players in the country.
It could still take a few weeks to settle the contract but Folau'sre-signing is also expected to help the Waratahs secure Kurtley Beale, who was spotted at the club's Moore Park office on Thursday.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
ive said it before. moving barba away from fullback would be a travesty. his best stuff comes out of broken play/kick returns/the general "following" support a fb plays with.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Barba to 5/8 is stupid, Barba fullback, Hoffman wing that's 2/3 awesome players in their best positions and who ever gets the other wing spot next year.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Dogs on the scent to bring Maitua back to the kennel
Meantime, Josh McCrone's manager has quashed speculation his client could seek an early release to join Brisbane, guaranteeing the halfback will be at the Raiders next year.But the rebuilding Broncos are poised to make a strong play for star Raiders rookie Anthony Milford from 2015 as they desperately try to bolster their flagging playmaking stocks.
Struggling Brisbane halves Peter Wallace and Scott Prince are out of favour, and the Broncos have made no secret of their intent to target big names on the open market. Their recruiting spree has begun strongly, and the signing of Roosters prop Martin Kennedy on a three-year deal is imminent.
McCrone's manager Steve Gillis said the 26-year-old would honour his contract. ''Josh will definitely be at Canberra next year, and I've had no contact with the Broncos whatsoever,'' he said.
Brisbane officials have confirmed their interest in Milford, whose contract expires at the end of next year, but his manager Sam Ayoub said: ''We'll worry about 2015 closer to that time.''

Read more: Dogs on the scent to bring Maitua back to the kennel

Is that good news or what!!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
My Bulldogs source has told me that the Bulldogs have expressed interest in signing Dugan for next year. Des wanted him in 2012 and Dugan has a house in Belmore. Make of that what you will but I see it as good news.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I totally agree if he deserves the wraps he's had. I can't see why he shouldn't be given a chance next year. He may show as much if not more promise than Oates.

Mind you, Hodges makes a good 5/8, sort of gangly John Sutton who can break the line and get an offload away, or throw a great cut out pass. Ok ... just joking

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Did anyone watch the bulldogs game? Ben Barba caught an ankle injury early on (turned out to be ankle syndesmosis, apparently) but he hopped the whole way off the field and into the sheds without any assistance. The camera later cut to a shot of him hopping around the dressing room collecting his own belongings from his locker without a trainer in sight. I know a sprained ankle isn't the most frightening injury but it was a very odd way to treat your star player.

Make your own conspiracy theories.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
My Bulldogs source has told me that the Bulldogs have expressed interest in signing Dugan for next year. Des wanted him in 2012 and Dugan has a house in Belmore. Make of that what you will but I see it as good news.

**** yes. Those two bits of news has made my day, thank you spwn :)

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Did anyone watch the bulldogs game? Ben Barba caught an ankle injury early on (turned out to be ankle syndesmosis, apparently) but he hopped the whole way off the field and into the sheds without any assistance. The camera later cut to a shot of him hopping around the dressing room collecting his own belongings from his locker without a trainer in sight. I know a sprained ankle isn't the most frightening injury but it was a very odd way to treat your star player.

Yeah I thought it was very odd

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

It's obvious he is outside club circles now. They know he won't be there next year as much as he does.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Yep, he's obviously on the outer.

All over Facebook too that the Dogs want to sign Dugan for next season :001_rolleyes:

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
lol, come on fellas... regardless if he's on the way out, there's no way any club's medicos would act unprofessionally and not care about a player's welfare

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncs1459
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.