[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
The Today Show mentioned the Bulldogs could put a clause in Barba's contract with the Broncos that he can't play against the dogs until after 2015. All very well in good, but what if the Broncos & Bulldogs meet in a finals match or even the GF. I can't see the NRL allowing that to happen.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
The Today Show mentioned the Bulldogs could put a clause in Barba's contract with the Broncos that he can't play against the dogs until after 2015. All very well in good, but what if the Broncos & Bulldogs meet in a finals match or even the GF. I can't see the NRL allowing that to happen.

It can happen, and probably will, the Dogs are really butthurt and will try and get as many advantages out of this as they can.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
It can happen, and probably will, the Dogs are really butthurt and will try and get as many advantages out of this as they can.
the dogs fans are not the dogs themselves. If such a thing was agreed to both clubs and the nrl would be a laughing stock. It's ridiculous

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
the dogs fans are not the dogs themselves. If such a thing was agreed to both clubs and the nrl would be a laughing stock. It's ridiculous

??

The NRL have already said it's doable, and they'll be happy to do it if both parties agree, it's similar to what the Dogs did to SBW with his contract not allowing him to play for any other NRL club, this is a slightly more mild version of that.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Yeah I agree with this. TBH I could see a clause being put in that Barba can't play against the dogs until 2016 during the regular season.

There is no way I could see the NRL allowing that clause to apply to any of the final series, as that truly would make them a laughing stock

Last edited:
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
??

The NRL have already said it's doable, and they'll be happy to do it if both parties agree, it's similar to what the Dogs did to SBW with his contract not allowing him to play for any other NRL club, this is a slightly more mild version of that.

Imagine the uproar in the lead up to GF day if Barba wasn't able to play. It just isn't feasible.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I think it will just come back to dollars:-

a) How much we pay Barba.
b) How much we pay the Dogs to release Barba.

I guess also possibly:-

c) Who the Dogs find to replace Barba at the fullback. eg. Beale

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Imagine the uproar in the lead up to GF day if Barba wasn't able to play. It just isn't feasible.

Would work if worded as below. Still funny though. "We don't want big bad Ben playing against us" Way to show faith in your squad...

Yeah I agree with this. TBH I could see a clause being put in that Barba can't play against the dogs until 2013 during the regular season.

There is no way I could see the NRL allowing that clause to apply to any of the final series, as that truly would make them a laughing stock

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
it's all just part of negotiations, no club would agree to such a clause and the bulldogs know that, they're just playing a bit of hardball to try and remind the Broncos who has the leverage in discussions and to ensure they get as much compensation out of the Broncos as they can. It's hardly in the Bulldogs interest anyway, the first game in Sydney against the Broncos with Barba in the side would equate to at least an extra 10k on the gate.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Nearly all the Broncos' staff including White worked with Aaron at Redcliffe and helped him out and the family.

So whats the deal with Aaron Barba? all I have heard is that he is bad news etc. but what actually happened?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I love all this social intercourse on the topic of get-out clauses, who is coming and who is going

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Far out, it reminds me of Oztag when a team I was playing for was short and rather than forfeit we got a bunch of Australian reps who were just sitting around waiting for their game to fill in. That was allowed by the referee and opposition captain, so long as they didn't score tries.... *

That kind of thing is fine for an amateur social sport. This is professional sport. The notion of such a clause is laughable.

* Result was they made a break every time they got the ball, and just waited until one of us caught up to give us the pass to score... opposition complained at the end of the game when we won like 21-0 that it wasn't fair. And it wasn't. But the captain agreed to it so he had to suck it up.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Far out, it reminds me of Oztag when a team I was playing for was short and rather than forfeit we got a bunch of Australian reps who were just sitting around waiting for their game to fill in. That was allowed by the referee and opposition captain, so long as they didn't score tries.... *

That kind of thing is fine for an amateur social sport. This is professional sport. The notion of such a clause is laughable.

* Result was they made a break every time they got the ball, and just waited until one of us caught up to give us the pass to score... opposition complained at the end of the game when we won like 21-0 that it wasn't fair. And it wasn't. But the captain agreed to it so he had to suck it up.

Did that captain go on to coach manly?

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • Dexter
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.