[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Maybe because they r trying to get a better deal cause they have a plan to bring not just one big name but 2 or 3 to the club

White is a family friend I wouldn't think he would say anything to offend Barbara and I think he I good at what he does and that's business

"He is unproven at five-eighth and that sort of money ($1 million) is excessive," Lockyer said.

"He is unproven at five-eighth and that sort of money ($1 million) is excessive"

unproven at five-eighth

five-eighth

Fair enough.

I guess i'm just amazed that some people are questioning his worth.

Simply because he doesn't have the runs on the board yet .......he's had ONE GOOD SEASON !!

How many other "rookies" have had one good season only then to fade away into obscurity?

Ben Barba is still just a flash in the pan at this stage of his career........he is still yet to prove himself consistenly at a level that would justify spending 700+K on him.

IMO.

Simply because he doesn't have the runs on the board yet .......he's had ONE GOOD SEASON !!

How many other "rookies" have had one good season only then to fade away into obscurity?

Ben Barba is still just a flash in the pan at this stage of his career........he is still yet to prove himself consistenly at a level that would justify spending 700+K on him.

Agree completely , gun player but needs to be consistent to be a superstar imo

IMO.

IMO.

One good season?? Really?

2010 21 games and 15 try's
2011 24 games and 23 try's
2012 27 games and 22 try's
2013 11 games and 7 try's as we know limited due to injury and ersonal reason.

Now i know that is just his scoring stats but that is what he is, an attacking fullback. IMO we need a try scorer.

How many more years of 20+ try's til he is worthy? Not to mention his so called break out year he was judged the best player in the NRL! This is not a Brett Firman or Mathew Head type player.

Boyd
Eastwood
Stagg
Kemp
Ennis
Joel Moon
Hannant

OK, not all of those related to Folau, but they all moved on at end of 2008.

Thats drawing a slightly long bow.

Boyd was basically told he wasnt wanted, nothing to do with who we had signed
We werent matching the dollars the warriors threw at Kemp regardless of how much cap we had left
The 4 bulldog players is interesting, i remember at the time there was talk we didnt want Ennis, and im pretty sure Stagg was similar to Boyd, we didnt really want to keep him. Eastwood and Hannant were losses.

Joel Moon :laugh:

2013 11 games and 7 try's as we know limited due to injury and ersonal reason.

Do you have the same disease as the guy in South Park that meant he couldn't pronounce the 'P' in 'lanetarium'?

Sorry, I'm in that kind of mood.

Considering he has formerly asked for a release from the Dogs, I'd say a deal has already been agreed upon.

Considering he has formerly asked for a release from the Dogs, I'd say a deal has already been agreed upon.

That is my thought as well Harry.

You dont get to the 4th or 5th step in an interview process without working out the salary wanted and salary offered, this is similar. No organisation is foolish enough to get this far, basically discussing compensation with the Dogs, and not know how much the player will cost.

Thats drawing a slightly long bow.

Boyd was basically told he wasnt wanted, nothing to do with who we had signed
We werent matching the dollars the warriors threw at Kemp regardless of how much cap we had left
The 4 bulldog players is interesting, i remember at the time there was talk we didnt want Ennis, and im pretty sure Stagg was similar to Boyd, we didnt really want to keep him. Eastwood and Hannant were losses.

Joel Moon :laugh:

You've got it back to front with Boyd, Kemp and Ennis. The Broncos nabbed Folau, and then played dodge with Boyd, Kemp and Ennis's managers, eventually saying they were free to look elsewhere.

Lot of revisionist history especially regarding Kemp. He didn't chase a bigger deal. He chased A deal.

Folau most definitely contributed to the loss of many of those players (not all).

Do you have the same disease as the guy in South Park that meant he couldn't pronounce the 'P' in 'lanetarium'?

Sorry, I'm in that kind of mood.

it was the 'T' in planetarium he couldn't pronounce .. "plan-e-arium"

Unread

Active Now

• mieko
  • Fitzy
  • Hurrijo
  • Browny
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • barker
  • Sproj
  • HVbronco
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • YeahNahMate
  • theshed
  • john1420
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.