[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

If Barba signed for more it would NOT make him out to be someone who has achieved everything in the game. It would be a reflection that:

A) The salary cap is now higher than when it was when Barba signed his existing deal
B) Since Barba signed his existing deal he has improved as a player.

Corey Oates has still got a lot to achieve in the game. By your reasoning he shouldn't get an upgrade on his rookie contract until he's achieved everything.

Oates deserves a pay-rise as he has shown he has got what it takes to be a regular first-grader and he has the potential as well. I was meaning that Barba shouldn't be signed for something extremely high as it would take a large chunk of the salary cap which could lead to trouble retaining our forward pack which I rate highly. I would offer Barba something between 400 and 500 grand.

Think we saw tonight that regular players don't win games.
The players with the X factor make the difference, not the plodders. Take the brilliance of Segeyaro out of the game and it was an even grind rest.
The hairdresser or Milford add great dollops of potential game changing points and should be paid and sought
accordingly. they will win the games that the plodding regular Joes won't.

He will get an upgrade and that is reasonable. What he is currently on does not accurately reflect his value. Not close. However if he gets a massive upgrade and won't sign with a bit of a cut from what he's really worth then it will imply he was only in it for the money.

Oates deserves a pay-rise as he has shown he has got what it takes to be a regular first-grader and he has the potential as well. I was meaning that Barba shouldn't be signed for something extremely high as it would take a large chunk of the salary cap which could lead to trouble retaining our forward pack which I rate highly. I would offer Barba something between 400 and 500 grand.

He's played 8 games in NRL, the majority out of position, and made plenty of rookie errors. He's going to have to play a lot more footy before the club should even consider an upgrade for him.

Surely he should be upgraded to reflect that he is now playing FG. There are plenty of other sides who would take him off our hands. Hell Sticky would probably give him 450.

He should be told that if he keeps up the good work, and upgrade will come. He's only played 8 games, he's still a fill in.

Maybe we should remember that it is the market that decides this stuff, not wishful thinking.

Business acumen will be necessary to pay Barba the minimum we want to pay, but enough to keep other potential suitors at bay. $700K (including third party) sounds like a reasonable price to the Dally M player of 2012, especially given the fact we really need x-factor in our team!

As to Oates, it will basically depend on whether he gets offers from other clubs. Do we want to play the "if you keep it up, you'll get rewarded" game, if there is a club breaking down the door to get him on 3 times the pay he is on now?

I know its five days old. I was meerly asking if it meant what I thought it meant

I think Barba is 100% a Broncos player next year. Titans won't be able to pay the compensation to the Dogs IMO.

Think we saw tonight that regular players don't win games.
The players with the X factor make the difference, not the plodders. Take the brilliance of Segeyaro out of the game and it was an even grind rest.
The hairdresser or Milford add great dollops of potential game changing points and should be paid and sought
accordingly. they will win the games that the plodding regular Joes won't.

Of course, there are the X-factor players. But Segeyaro's tries came from APPALLING DEFENCE. I mean even Wallace could have scored those tries.

And RBY, let us not forget that even the best can be stifled by the worst game plans. Lockyer was perhaps one example in 2012, and Gillett and Glenn are more examples in 2013.

I am almost starting to think people believe that we can toss the ball to Barba (or Milford) and we will just sit back and watch them win the game for us.

I think not

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that after all they crying on here about our lack of or bad recruiting we actually have people saying that they don't want barba if he costs a bit more than they think he's worth lol. Do you guys not get it? You won't get someone like barba for $500k. $500k will get you someone on or just above wallaces level. Players like barba, real gamebreakers and superstars of the game, will cost you at least $700k from here on out. When the cap nearly doubles in 3 years you won't get one for under a million. If barba wants a million we need to give it to him, if only to try and attract another great player. Then its easier to get another, and another, and so on.

as it is we're just spinning out wheels. This lineup will not challenge for a premiership. Like renouf came out and said, 9 wins looks to be about what this squad is capable of. Turning down superstars cause we wanna be tight with the purse strings isn't going to get us out of this rut.

I'd honestly rather get Milford than Barba. But I have severe doubts either one of them would make a great half, they both still look like superstar running fullbacks. In my perfect world, we'd just get Milford and DCE.

In my perfect world, we'd just get Milford and DCE.

yes.gif

and then go after a gun forward.

Papalii.......

Of course, there are the X-factor players. But Segeyaro's tries came from APPALLING DEFENCE. I mean even Wallace could have scored those tries.

And RBY, let us not forget that even the best can be stifled by the worst game plans. Lockyer was perhaps one example in 2012, and Gillett and Glenn are more examples in 2013.

I am almost starting to think people believe that we can toss the ball to Barba (or Milford) and we will just sit back and watch them win the game for us.

I think not

The underlying point I was trying to make is that, under The current approach, an X factor type is needed. it Is basically conceding that points won't come from the current lack of creative play.
This year the Reliance has been on the Individualism of hodges.
Obviously the current regime believe the individual spark Is the way Forward.

You know my thoughts on the Griffin and his tactical bankruptcy.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Dexter
  • teampjta
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.